Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h] In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

This is actually amazing. Will allow smaller planets to have an economy, will make space more interesting.

Great job!

1 week after I sell my ship :(

Space just got more interesting.
Good job MA for listening to the people.

HAHA! SO AWESOME!

See, people, MA DOES fn listen.

This is so exciting...I am so glad I haven't (permanently) rage quit this game.

Yes I am sure there will be issues at first, but this is a great and massive step, and I love you MA for it! (now fix the hitboxes) :D

AND TY MOST OF ALL TO THE PLAYERS LIKE ME THAT ALWAYS ASKED FOR IT AND THE TONS OF THREADS WE MADE ABOUT IT AND THE SUPPORT CASES! THIS WAS BECAUSE WE ASKED FOR IT!.

Don't ever forget that the next time you see us asking for change and you feel like belittling us because "ma will never read it"

Last edited:
Awesome.

Can't wait to hear the complaints on this one!

Hah! How come every time they respond to what we say or ask for, I'm amazed?!
That sounds a lot of fun too.
I hope with this they fix the reported "loopholes" of pirates and other exploits.

I would be much more apt to stay on a planet if I can get a weapon I need delivered, even if the fee is the same or slightly more than it would be to travel to get it and back. Time, as they say, is also money.
I also like the sound of them using this extra fees and "returning" it to the player base and not just something they pocket out right.

Thanks for the Dev Notes also!

I fuckin love MA! :D. Im really glad that they picked up on this idea, space just got a lot more interesting!

though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

so no more log-off during warp I guess

so no more log-off during warp I guess

I would assume you can still log out/crash/disconnect/etc.... but your stackable will be in a cargo box on the ship. (much like the auction mission cargo boxes except personal)

Omg thhis is exactly what we have been discussing here on pcf earlier. Only one thing that would be awesome is if it was possible for the seller in some way to pay the fee when listing. We all know that the activity and auction sales are on calypso and if I was on Arcadia it would be nice if I could list at clay auction if I paid the fee upfront. No clue what the fee are but if it's small then I'd want that feature :)

Finally thank you Mindark, players get convenience and security, we get our container system, we get transport missions we get the remove of logged out stackable transports and ship si and pilot skills will really matter - looking forward to some exciting space battles competing for the transport missions - im gonna party :yay::D

Wow great job MA for listening to the suggestions of the players.:cool:

I am sure this will bring a new lease of life to space and be of benefit not just to pilots, but buyers and sellers on all planets - nice work :)

I am looking forward to seeing how it pans out! :yay:

and I get to put my pilot skills to more use :ahh:

im gonna party :yay::D
Can I join you? :laugh:;)

Upcoming changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

Best way to kill economy with that , . wait MA gone take money from instant fee delivery that sure. I guss pirate activity 1000% up

Omg thhis is exactly what we have been discussing here on pcf earlier. Only one thing that would be awesome is if it was possible for the seller in some way to pay the fee when listing. We all know that the activity and auction sales are on calypso and if I was on Arcadia it would be nice if I could list at clay auction if I paid the fee upfront. No clue what the fee are but if it's small then I'd want that feature :)

yep you can.
Lower BO price :)

A nice move I admit ... maybe my spaceship can be useful again for something more (with my increased SI)

I hope with this they fix the reported "loopholes" of pirates and other exploits.

Of course they won't. MA found another way to make money with space, and now that the log off workaround costs them money it will be fixed.

MA will look the other way on all the other exploiting and scamming pirates do since it will help them to continue to make money.

So congrats NVE, not only can you keep scamming and exploiting MA is now giving you more rewards for it :cheer:

Hope it is implemented properly unlike most things on Calypso. Would hate to see people lose items that were waiting the extra 1-4 hours or we will see many threads claiming as such, who are impatient :p

Of course they won't. MA found another way to make money with space, and now that the log off workaround costs them money it will be fixed.

MA will look the other way on all the other exploiting and scamming pirates do since it will help them to continue to make money.

So congrats NVE, not only can you keep scamming and exploiting MA is now giving you more rewards for it :cheer:

Dont forget pirates will only be able to loot the mission containers, they will need transport capacity for the heavy containers and they now can be lootet back :cool:

Except of course if people fly their loot through space still risking it instead of utilizing transport system.

MA, please think about no. of auction slots. At the moment we have two pages but on each planet.

Rgds

Ace

What about auction orders? Right now orders are very close to cheapest Buyouts... if they can be filled from other planets the buyer ends up paying more than cheapest BO (if transport fee is added). Or maybe you can select if only planet specific order or not..

Amount of auction slots should also be increased.. 60 slots would be enough for most of the users, maybe add some extra slots for money (5peds per auction created over the limit or something like that)

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h]

<snip>

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

So at last log off is being removed .... Hope everyone has upgraded their SI . OOOPS you didnt did you :D

What about auction orders? Right now orders are very close to cheapest Buyouts... if they can be filled from other planets the buyer ends up paying more than cheapest BO (if transport fee is added). Or maybe you can select if only planet specific order or not..

Amount of auction slots should also be increased.. 60 slots would be enough for most of the users, maybe add some extra slots for money (5peds per auction created over the limit or something like that)

Buyouts go into won, it will be there that you choose to pay to get them or not

So will not affect orders

Rgds

Ace

Loving this, im 100% sure that the smaller planents will be more populated now :D

But one Question. What if the container gets looted by a pirate who have no intention of claiming the mission reward. Will the container "expire" and the buyer still get the item? If not im seeing lots of griefing possibilities.

mind_blown.gif

Buyouts go into won, it will be there that you choose to pay to get them or not

So will not affect orders

Rgds

Ace

Thinking about, MA will have to make it so u can set orders for a specific planet. Or only orders for the planet you are on can be filled

Rgds

Ace

But one Question. What if the container gets looted by a pirate who have no intention of claiming the mission reward. Will the container "expire" and the buyer still get the item? If not im seeing lots of griefing possibilities.

If I read the OP correctly, there's not actually any link between a bought item and the cargo boxes. There is just a mission completion reward that is funded from the auction transport fee pool. A cargo box looter would be silly not to complete the mission as it has no consequence except for a lost opportunity to gain ped.

Loving this, im 100% sure that the smaller planents will be more populated now :D

From my understanding, the delivery of the cargo boxes is just mission goals and will not affect the actual buyers and sellers.

glad to see good changes happens. was thinking about it earlyer when i saw 0 items in crystal palace auction

Back