PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nearly 5 years later, nothing else ever happened.

while we keep paying transport fees, let's change mob missions first MA! best idea ever!
    Yes, the pool of fees must be massive by now. I look forward to the transport mission prize HOFs!
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm guessing these fees have gone the same way as the income generated from crystal palace allocated for events

The interest on that money alone should be quite enough to start paying out for people to do these missions

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I'm guessing these fees have gone the same way as the income generated from crystal palace allocated for events

The interest on that money alone should be quite enough to start paying out for people to do these missions
    If mindark wants players to fight over those missions they either need to have min rewards of 500+peds (cause it costs several hundred ped to kill an upgraded mothership just once) per mission or need to drop the pvp ammo cost in space to 5% or lower otherwise players will just 'negotiate' who gets to run the mission and earn the reward.
    More likely the later cause regardless how big their pool is now (and it should be very big from all those fees for so many years) a 500ped+ mission reward would drain it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    If mindark wants players to fight over those missions they either need to have min rewards of 500+peds (cause it costs several hundred ped to kill an upgraded mothership just once) per mission or need to drop the pvp ammo cost in space to 5% or lower otherwise players will just 'negotiate' who gets to run the mission and earn the reward.
    More likely the later cause regardless how big their pool is now (and it should be very big from all those fees for so many years) a 500ped+ mission reward would drain it quickly.
    Well, a third option is to have missions which are only worth attacking quads for, or the expectation of having multiple kills from anything larger destroyed, maybe by lootables being left on the spot where anyone dies in space for someone to pick up and not requiring extra shots to be fired. I know that MA's removal of droppable items goes a bit against that part of the idea, but that is something I think should be changed back again anyway.
    There could also be different values for missions and karma requirements in a revamped system. Personally I prefer lowering the costs of pvp to something like the fort events, or entering warp-gate instanced space when on a mission, with these lower costs enabled there, but the usual in the rest of mob space.

Some introduction of cargo missions is indeed looooong overdue, though, or some other way of implementing the promised returns of AH transport fees bak to players!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38