Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

MA, please think about no. of auction slots. At the moment we have two pages but on each planet.

I agree.

I've had my auction listings full on both Caly and Ark with some other things being listed on Toulan. Granted, a number of those were weapons I'd crafted and had duplicates on different planets, but for people that Hunt, Mine, and Craft for different things when on different planets the increased auction spots are needed.

Over all, it sounds like a good change. Thanks for listening!

Buyouts go into won, it will be there that you choose to pay to get them or not

So will not affect orders

Rgds

Ace

Sure it affects... If you want something you have won travelling to another planet means additional costs. So in some times buying for higher price on homeplanet is cheaper. So still should be option to choose wether you want to buy from only one planet or more.

I look forward to this finally being REIMPLEMENTED. For those of you who were pre vu10 players you might remember the days of being on CND or CP and being able to have your auction item immediately after paying the transport fee ( i think back then it was 2 peds or maybe a percentage of the item). Best part of this is that I think it will expand the economies of ALL the planets. Also the new transport mission idea sounds great too. I like the idea of the peds being returned into the playerbase (tho I feel most of those missions will be taken by MS owners and crew).

Kudos to you MA.

MA, please think about no. of auction slots. At the moment we have two pages but on each planet.

Rgds

Ace

With the new system you can buy stuff from every "auction region".
They did not mention to put the selling slots together.
So it should still be 30 slots per "auction region".

At least i hope the will do it that way. :laugh:

This is one of the better things MA have come up with. I strongly believe in separate auctions or a cost for the transfer between the planets. With this solution they still secure a system that makes it more costly and time consuming to sell to other planets and also make the space a more interesting thing. Very nice if the system work as good as it sounds. I hope the fee will not be to low, it should cost to buy from other planets.

GREAT JOB MA! Hope all works out and you can switch all resources over now to getting me my cape!

I agree.

I've had my auction listings full on both Caly and Ark with some other things being listed on Toulan. Granted, a number of those were weapons I'd crafted and had duplicates on different planets, but for people that Hunt, Mine, and Craft for different things when on different planets the increased auction spots are needed.

Over all, it sounds like a good change. Thanks for listening!

Well, I think it's a good think the number of slots is a bit restricted, just to avoid some crafters dominating all planets, that will be even more important now with one auction for all planets.

Looks ok from the post, I'm wondering what they've missed out though as they never normally give us all the info. The timeout question is certainly ones of those questions that needs responding to.

The fees payable will be the killer - too high and only a few will use it - too low and the separation between planet economies gets thrown out of the window.

When are the fees from equipping armor and clothing being looked at though? We heard about those in a dev note at the beginning of the year and nothing since.

I'm wondering if this has been partly forced by some of the PP's failed attempts to get their economies going and the recent changes in some of the deals with MA i.e. Monria getting a TP to Calypso and new players with RT starting on Calypso as well.

Last edited:
mind_blown.gif

oh yes! :lolup:

The fees payable will be the killer - too high and only a few will use it - too low and the separation between planet economies gets thrown out of the window.

This is the tricky part, I guess this will be probably be changed at least one time after the original settings. In my opinion I thing it would be better if the fee was based on a combination of weight and markup on the sell.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

Is it possible to get transported items also in inventory instead in storage?
Or even more awesome would be to have a choice when ordering delivery!

Also, although there will be single interplanetary auction, I do hope that there will be still possibility to filter through items on base of planet of origin.

Looks like very nice change. Good job MindArk!

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Well, need to wait and see.

Always some differences between the great announcements, and what is really in game....

Why Space is not divided into regions owned by each planet ? since you talk of interplanetary market.
Yet the "Universe" looks more like Calypso Universe than anything else.

Anyway, good luck to this new feature,
I just hope the Taming Stage 2 is not already forgotten...

Wow MA.. just wow... :cussing:
It sure is great news, but whats up with the inserting the global auction / sharing info so tight in the calendar.

Personally as a new shop owner @ arkadia, with the plans to specialize on Limited Calypso items.... the news sure did fk me over.

Spent several K's of peds on items, spent hundred of peds uploading pictures to the ingame participant content + uploading it to the PC signs.... weeks of brainstorming/arrangement ahh :duh:

~Inserting something new just 1 month after making it official to the community...

Anyway, I will still run the plans i have for my shop thats opening this friday November 14th.
But Im not sure if i will have to change the concept.. sell the shop or whatsoever.

I wouldn't react this way if they at least announced that this was gonna come few months after the announcement and not just 1 month.

Anyway... fk MA and welcome to AfromanStore - Calypso Items for Hunters/Miners @ Celeste Island Shop #1 /Arkadia..

Follow the damn roadmap for this year , fix the bugs before making new changes all the damn time = new bugs

Awesome news :wtg:

Very nice!!!

Good to know that MA listen the players even if she is a bit deaf. It only took what? around 3 or 4 years??? and lots of planets struggle to stay a float where in some never existed economy at all, for MA to realize that to reverse things is the better option.

Things just take too much time there to get fixed!!!

Now, I just hope that by 2016 I can finally add a new friend to my ingame friend list! :silly2:

Very nice update! Now Mindark, just make sure to Perm-bann all exploiter and cheaters in space! All aimbots etc. Just instant remove there accounts!bOoM

I would assume you can still log out/crash/disconnect/etc.... but your stackable will be in a cargo box on the ship. (much like the auction mission cargo boxes except personal)

Quote from the dev notes...
It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space

So yeh.. removing log-off.. so choice is pay the fee for cargo box, from which MA doubtless gets a cut and then a further fee to get self to planet you are sending it to, in order to collect it.

So buyer pays for item, AH fee, transport fee for the box and personal transport costs.. this improves interplanetary trade how exactly ?

and more importantly how do MA intend to deal with a no log-off situation, are they tying the avatar and the loots to the ship, so that it can be looted if shot down, whether or not they are in game ?
How do they deal with a CTD.. which could in fact be caused by in-game lag or bug ? will they re-imburse for losses.. somehow I think that would be a NO
How will they determine how long the persons loots are vulnerable.. just to the ship docks... to the end of the day.... next week ????? How many warps will that person be vulnerable for if for instance a winter storm causes power failure, or the PC dies ?

I have yet to see any rational explanation from MA on how you determine if a person has logged off intentionally or had ctd or power fail or any other situation beyond their control

Don't get me wrong I am not against the idea of my having to use my skills and ship to defend the travellers and their loots, I actually enjoy engaging with pirates and have had a lot of success.
I would have no problem if MA could ensure perfect connections at all times, but I would hate to see people lose their hard earned ped because of things they have no control of.

yep you can.
Lower BO price :)

Problem is that the sheep herd will then follow and I lower the general markup of that item. I wouldn't want that.

Problem is that the sheep herd will then follow and I lower the general markup of that item. I wouldn't want that.

Not a problem once they implement planet specific market histories.

I hope this post does not contravene 3.1 - Spamming/Flooding/Trolling as it was for the most part originally posted in response to these dev notes on Ark forum. But given the importance of the subject matter, and the very real probability that many players wont bother to read the same thread on 2 or more forums, I would ask the moderators to accept this post.

I am astounded by the number of people cheering these dev notes, almost as much as I am dumbfounded by the lunacy of the vu itself.

In my opinion this kills space dead, and will in due course kill planets outside Calypso too...
Let me explain

Option 1. Seems ok on the face of it, there is still a need for the player to travel to collect the goods.
But..
If non-lootables then they have no need of a warp, can do it in a quad.
No need to do VIP warp in order to get to Auction before item times out
So warp vessels will see trade halved or worse.

Option 2. Motherships and warp vessels will need a combination of high SI, good repair crew, gunners and perhaps support from quads etc if they are to avoid being looted of the transport box(es) by use of warp mines or pirate reception committees while heading from SS to warp or at warp re-entry near the SS on arrival.

The real cost of any delivery could therefore be substantial.. warp cost, ammo costs, quad decay, time of a lot of people, who realistically could and should expect a cut of any profit.
Quite how an owner is supposed to know what he/she owes crew by way of ammo costs is a complete mystery to me
Owners also need to factor in that this is a no win, no fee, so even a few percent of failed flights will seriously reduce or wipe out profitability.
Yes an owner could undertake delivery of several items in same trip...always assuming several are available for delivery to same destination, in same time frame. But this is likely to be a matter of luck.
So the fee had better be a damn good one.

As a trader, crafter or even occasional buyer, would you be prepared to pay an appropriate price ? Do you want the goods to sit there with no-one prepared to undertake the delivery, as there is nothing else to take to increase profit. How long do you want to wait ?

or would you take the cheaper option of using a scheduled warp.. when the pirates know when and where to find the ship ?

or risk it all and use your quad ?

Or will you stick to trading on 1 planet only... and I am guessing here that would be Calypso.. the MA owned planet, so guess what this could kill the economy of the universe not enhance it. Do we really want to return to the 'good old days' of a single planet Project Entropia
The cynic in me says this is a recipe for killing the PP planets, and in full support of the pirates, while doing nothing for the people who invested ped and time in space over the past 2+ years and the amazing efforts of the Planet partners in their attempts to make this a great game

Option 3.
You can pay for instant delivery..woo hoo.. suddenly space is irrelevant.. all the ships dead in the water.. may as well go back to using an expensive MA TP

'In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities'

What do they mean claimed by pilot (owner or pilot they are not the same)...
What relevance is pilot skill to accepting a mission. the ship may be flown by a different avatar from the one claiming the mission.
Ship cargo capacity.. fee charged by weight of item... again how is this relevany.. high value items with stupendous mu may weigh very little, and conversely cheaper items may weigh heavy. Again this will stop the trade by the smaller budget player and kill the economy not enhance it.

Well all in all my congratulations to MA on the most ill thought out vu proposal to date.

Complete with the usual lack of fine detail such as actual prices, that would allow an owner/investor to know if they should sell before this becomes real, or if they will be able to ride the winds of change.

Galactrc Transport - The death of space

Well, hard to see how this improves the birdseed trade. :tongue4:

MA has once again created a more Calypso-centric version of what had the potential to move away from just a single planet. In the process, planet partners, ship owners, shop owners & anyone else who has invested resources in developing the game has been treated like a :monkey:

Those with no resources in the game other than their personal kits for hunting, mining, crafting, etc will no doubt see this as an advantage. When prices level to the common denominator, there might be more consternation.

As for me, I hope they bring in ship parking lots... I'm buying a lease for one I think.

Finally transport fees that used to exist are back!!! About time!

just hope the fee is not too high... but if so no biggie, just stockpile on planets of origin. "Hopefully they will update inventory "my items" to tell you which planet stores your stuff or it might get a bit hard to remember which planet's auction/storage holds stuff.

Hoping that auction gets updated eventually to allow pet deeds to be auctioned... Seems like the pet exporting business would benefit from this type of thing enormously, assuming they eventually let pets be spawned on any planet instead of just the one they came from.

In theory, this should be a very good thing for crafters, which should ultimately be a great thing for the entire community since the main thing that's been missing on most of the new planets is crafters willing to relocate there due to lack of resources and ability to connect with buyers/sellers that can get them the goods they need or buy the resources they create. It helps make up for the fact that crafters are getting a bit shafted by the changes created by the move to use shrapnel to up the markup on stuff crafters need by lowering the supply - creating greater demand... galactic auction creates greater supply, even if there is a little fee involved.

Last edited:
aaaaaawesome :yay:

Finally transport fees that used to exist are back!!! About time!

just hope the fee is not too high... but if so no biggie, just stockpile on planets of origin. "Hopefully they will update inventory "my items" to tell you which planet stores your stuff or it might get a bit hard to remember which planet's auction/storage holds stuff.

It will be based on weight so that would mean that weapons and equipment will be cheap to transport while resources and materials will be expensive.

Seems like a great way to approach it. Isn't that pretty much the same system as it used to be? Perhaps prices will be around the same.

This is good news and potentially bad news. I Personally like the idea alot, especially with the transport missions.

I would hope the missions are for warp ship owners only, and that crates could only be gathered/transported by those ships, in order to maintain the value of investments many players have in their ship. Perhaps SI will impact capacity as well.

If quads who shoot a larger vessel down but cannot pick up a crate, it would deter alot of fears. I am ok with pirates being able to come in and gather the booty to redeem just the same as the original mission taker in that case, because they would have to invest a bit as well in the larger ship, and would be just as open to retaliatory attacks.

SI and gunners all of a sudden matter.
If quads or smaller can carry these packages...then this would be devastating to space.

The effect on the auction is a concern.

Many lazy auction bots and alts will just buy up goods on the spot for already depleted auction houses, place orders, get a package no matter what never having to move an inch. And the largest market will see almost everything...inflated, that now needs to travel back home for crafting things other than caly (L) prints all day long.

Another cool idea though looking forward to it.

Good to have auction transport back for when you just CBA to go to another planet and back for that one item (had a few instances of that happen a couple of weeks ago)

:thumbup:

Back