Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

How many motherships are active, that are on the "good side", and how many have a high SI?

Define what you think is High SI

Enough for a hard fight. :p
Reason I ask is that can't several MS try organize travells together so pirates will have way
more ships to fight down at same time?
If one strong ship gives them a good match, will not 3-4 ships make it less interesting to battle?

:coffee: So.. its wait and see mode until we get the missions. Maybe I should start upgrading my ships SI again and, oh yes, how about enabling ALL of my ships guns? And maybe a weapon system that the pilot can use as well?

I'm not sure about on motherships, but I know that the Armament Device III (L) made all the gunner seats in my privateer accessible at once... still no gun for the pilot, but can have 6 gunners at once now.

I can see the pros and cons of this happening, so I will reserve my full judgement until I see how MA implements this, and how long it takes to implement all stages. For me, however, the BEST part is that I can bid on auction items no matter what planet I am on! :yay: (would have made some of those stable auctions a bit more interesting, I think). I don't care about fees, tbh, because I rarely buy stackables from auction. I have no problem going to whichever planet of origin for the auction to pick up the item(s).

While I would have rather seen planetary market values to encourage economic growth on each planet, if they can't do that, this makes far more sense. While there are arguments on both sides as to whether this will enhance or destroy a planet economy, again, I will withhold full judgement until I see how and when this is fully implemented.

Regarding cargo boxes... I think this could be rather cool IF implemented properly. I saw another player posting regarding possibility of delivery timers, and yeah, this would help things. Would be silly to have unlimited time to deliver and still get the payment. Also, not sure about this whole queue thingy. Again, waiting to see how it works, etc.

Basically, I am excited about being able to bid from other planets. As for the rest, I'm going to wait and see.

Well, seeks like a good idea to increase the viability of the universe as a whole (allthough I dread the effect this may have on my CLD income, and thus the budget I can play with).

It would be good if anyone with a space-capable craft can do transports. It will open up a whole new careerpath for people. And it will give space meaning.
It makes sense to make transportfee based on weight. It's pretty realistic. And it is also the reason that it is better to have a coffee processing plant near a coffee plantation and ship the enduser-ready coffee products than it is to ship the raw materials. Same with ores. And don't forget... it's not like you are being screwed. Worst case scenario: you don't gain anything by this update, as you still have the item on your auction and clients will still have to come and pick it up. Just as it is now.

Just one thing is unclear to me: what if a pilot accepts a transport, but...the item is not actually delivered? Could the items be in the cargobay of a pirate indefinately, leaving the buyer without his purchases?

Oh, speaking of CLD...when will I get the land to claim? Or the house I could build? And when will we get the planetary government and voting rights?

Wondering about the cargo missions, will they be tied to the avatars or the ships? Probably the avatars and will it than be possible to a group of avatars take one missions each and do a group-travel in a warp ship and deliver multiple cargos (one/avatar) in one jump? :scratch2:

About the fees, I think they need to add % on value fee also, not only on weight. They should have a minimum 5 % fee on the value + a weight fee to guarantee that you still benefit from selling local produced products and spur the local planet economy.

Overall I really like this kind of systems and think they could develop this further and also develop similar systems that could be used in other areas to create missions and other interactions with the players.

Just one thing is unclear to me: what if a pilot accepts a transport, but...the item is not actually delivered? Could the items be in the cargobay of a pirate indefinately, leaving the buyer without his purchases?

The missions don't have anything to do with the actually delivery of the items, it's just the fees that goes to the missions rewards.

No, they don't.

They do from a Hunting perspective as it is the player decay if player originated from calypso. Unknown whether or not fuel consumption is considered decay.

They do from a Hunting perspective as it is the player decay if player originated from calypso. Unknown whether or not fuel consumption is considered decay.

That is irrelevant. Revenues have been said to be divided over the planet of origin, and the planet of activity.

CLD owners get half the share a normal PP would get. Space, for CLD owners, is "another planet". So yes, 50% of the revenue goes to the Planet, which would be Calypso (50/50 over devs and CLD) but the other half goes to MA directly.

The thing is, if CLD would also include space, then an Arkadian born player, in space, would bring cash to CLD holders, and that is not the case.

Summarize: space != Calypso.

I'm not sure about on motherships, but I know that the Armament Device III (L) made all the gunner seats in my privateer accessible at once... still no gun for the pilot, but can have 6 gunners at once now.

Thanks for that information I did not know that. I'll have to get hold of one and try it.

d you really believe this will ever happen?

The missions don't have anything to do with the actually delivery of the items, it's just the fees that goes to the missions rewards.

Imo - this WONT ever happen because MA will NOT give their Ped (or in fact the real cash) away to whoever and that is exactly that will NEVER happen! We all know waht happend in the past with all the big promises Minark gave to us. Lets say having Hadesheim the main capital and getting it more lively there - what happend was .... Mindark did set up a new concept and all the promises were forgotten - instead we now have a crater with ubermob inside and the calyspo history with a real chain of mission now went over to some eventmissions - do anyone remembers the search for the professor or what about the umbranoids?

No more Story! But many promises ... what happend to the new spacefighters and the mech cyrene wanted to release? It was Mindark who denied to release them.

What happend to taming? How long did we have to wait for it? And how did it come back?

see if you compare Mindark in the past with the now given promises you will see yourself that this is only a new way to "rebalance" the whole system to get more cash out of it ONLY!

Nothing more to say to this but ... a publisher that: tries to get this hard to the players cash has a huge problem. And i wouldnt be astonished that all will turn out bad for us again ... wouldnt be the first time!

Imo - this WONT ever happen because MA will NOT give their Ped (or in fact the real cash) away to whoever and that is exactly that will NEVER happen! We all know waht happend in the past with all the big promises Minark gave to us. Lets say having Hadesheim the main capital and getting it more lively there - what happend was .... Mindark did set up a new concept and all the promises were forgotten - instead we now have a crater with ubermob inside and the calyspo history with a real chain of mission now went over to some eventmissions - do anyone remembers the search for the professor or what about the umbranoids?

No more Story! But many promises ... what happend to the new spacefighters and the mech cyrene wanted to release? It was Mindark who denied to release them.

What happend to taming? How long did we have to wait for it? And how did it come back?

see if you compare Mindark in the past with the now given promises you will see yourself that this is only a new way to "rebalance" the whole system to get more cash out of it ONLY!

Nothing more to say to this but ... a publisher that: tries to get this hard to the players cash has a huge problem. And i wouldnt be astonished that all will turn out bad for us again ... wouldnt be the first time!

ya I am worried about this too since the implementation of the cargo box's wont happen till a "later" VU. Seems like a way to get people hyped up about space so they spend more, while at the same time bringing piracy to an all time high so more ammo is blown in space for "no loot from MA".

Once this first stage is implemented the amount spent in space is going to go up massively, while the "returns" MA normally gives on mobs isn't a factor so.... pure profits for them on the "first" update for this.

But once cargo box's come out, I think everything is going to hinge on how large the AH fee is for delivery. If it's not massive, space is screwed because people will just pay the fee instead of risk it all.

people will just pay the fee instead of risk it all.

That is how it should be. I shouldn't be forced into pvp just to get an item I want off auction. The forced pvp was a big screw up from the start.

Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

True story, i imagined myself having bought a item and have it transported to my location, then i woke up.
Glad they implemented my dream though. :)

Don't really see a problem with 1/2/3 so far, we have to wait on what the fee will be for 2/3.

I rather pay a fee (not a arm or leg) then having to pay for warps back and forth just to get certain items.

And if i read it right aren't they making a kind of pvp pool for space when those boxes come out, those boxes don't contain participant loot just ped from the ppl using option 2/3, which results in more activity for all, not just pirates?

Do correct me if i misread something.

Imo they are rewarding the space pilots by releasing those missions and giving them a change to earn some more ped and not just by warping.

Ps. availability on items rises too, i really don't see a flaw so far.

Last edited:
So how will it affect crafting ? And I mean non-calypso blueprints.

They did make payouts from the interplanetary teleporters to ship owners when space did not exist.

They did make payouts from the interplanetary teleporters to ship owners when space did not exist.

and there was quite a delay before they implemented that (public/hangar owner debacle before that)

Wow MA.. just wow... :cussing:
It sure is great news, but whats up with the inserting the global auction / sharing info so tight in the calendar.

Personally as a new shop owner @ arkadia, with the plans to specialize on Limited Calypso items.... the news sure did fk me over.

Spent several K's of peds on items, spent hundred of peds uploading pictures to the ingame participant content + uploading it to the PC signs.... weeks of brainstorming/arrangement ahh :duh:

~Inserting something new just 1 month after making it official to the community...

Anyway, I will still run the plans i have for my shop thats opening this friday November 14th.
But Im not sure if i will have to change the concept.. sell the shop or whatsoever.

I wouldn't react this way if they at least announced that this was gonna come few months after the announcement and not just 1 month.

Anyway... fk MA and welcome to AfromanStore - Calypso Items for Hunters/Miners @ Celeste Island Shop #1 /Arkadia..

Follow the damn roadmap for this year , fix the bugs before making new changes all the damn time = new bugs

Ouch... Sorry man... But you know what they say, right?

Adapt or die!

Side note: can do an economy experiment where location doesn't matter as much. This will be interesting with all shops now. Try rare items.

Adapt or die!

Side note: can do an economy experiment where location doesn't matter as much. This will be interesting with all shops now. Try rare items.

Gotta agree, there's still possibilities. Calypso has a lot of items on it.

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h]
Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward.
Originally Posted Here

As i see, someone is familiar with noobot runs to get this idea. Exact same logic to be precise. Not the first idea borrowed from that spot. If i remember correctly, L items were there first too. Perhaps it is just a stupid theory and is not true, but never knows :whistle:

With regard to this topic, i am very surprised and will wait for this update. Good job! :beerchug:

Adapt or die!

agree
Afro, sorry my friend!
I understand it is bad right now for your plan and for many others
it is time to look our BP's tho
crafting should be the "road" in this case
as I consider to do in the future myself

btw I wish you good luck with the shop

So how will it affect crafting ? And I mean non-calypso blueprints.
There are some differences in resource weight, e.g.:

100 lysterium ingots = 1 kg
100 ospra ingots = 1 kg
100 alternative ingots = 0.1 kg

If the fee is indeed substantially dependent on weight, WW crafting shifts from RT to Ark.

Several common Ark blueprints require copper, which is relatively heavy (3 kg/100 ingots) and found only in Ark Underground (so the supply is intermittent and often overpriced). These blueprints might become cheaper and more convenient to craft on Caly.

All this, of course, if weight indeed matters.

I'd like to remind everyone that we had shops before the transportation option was removed and the shops did well just like the traders who went to CND to buy resources and then back to Calypso to sell them. This is not the end of shops.

About Shops:
I think that after implementing will suffer only speculators Shops.
Shops of manufacturers will benefit.
I look forward to even greater demand.
But of course the prices will need to review in the terms of the availability of many components from other planets (i think to the side of reduce prices). As the owner of several shops and crafter, I can only welcome innovation. Speculators must die! Most resellers of resources also must die! I hate them!
In other words, you stop do fuckin big money just safely moving a tons of resources or items from calypso to other planets

Thank you, MA for re-implementing! :yay:

Last edited:
agree
Afro, sorry my friend!
I understand it is bad right now for your plan and for many others
it is time to look our BP's tho
crafting should be the "road" in this case
as I consider to do in the future myself

btw I wish you good luck with the shop

Ty brother.

tho I dont feel as negative as i was the first I read the dev notes.
It all depends on the transport fee costs ofc, and they did point out:

" a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported."

which reminds me how it was back in the days when we had transport fees.But then it was not worth paying the 15-20peds+ to transport a weapon to current location. But at those times we didn't have a open space, motherships, planet partners etc.

And
" It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner "

So i can still import weapons/medic tools/mining amplifiers safe flying in my quad, tho It will be harder since pirate activity will raise.
But there is always the option for me to join a warp flight and still be able to have the items in my inventory with no risk of losing anything of my imported goods which 100% will be items.

Tho i feel bad for how things ended for a friend of mine.. who recently bought a ark shop and specializing on mining resources from Caly,Rock,Ark... the importing will be a pain.
Ended up with a angry player and shop now listed in the arkadia auction :/

Tho i feel bad for how things ended for a friend of mine.. who recently bought a ark shop and specializing on mining resources from Caly,Rock,Ark... the importing will be a pain.
Ended up with a angry player and shop now listed in the arkadia auction :/

It is a pity, his prices were acceptable for me, unlike many others.
I saw this Shop deed yesterday at Ark AH

I actually do not mind resellers in general, but only those who play fair and do not use a temporary lack of resources on Ark to obtain excessive profits, such as for example M.A., N.S., M.S. and many others (maybe alts) :) And I expect when I can tell them - go f*ck yourself...

Last edited:
But there is always the option for me to join a warp flight and still be able to have the items in my inventory with no risk of losing anything of my imported goods which 100% will be items.

Yes, you'll have a wider scope for bidding and winning auctions all over now. Several MS services do round trip schedule warps for the same price as just one-way, I believe, although not all planets are necessarily visited per round trip. You would thus have a really cheap way of gathering up what is in other storages waiting for you (although the final leg of the journey may not be covered, depending on where you join the warps...)

I've not seen comments on this bit of MA info so far in options 2+3: "Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location".
Please clarify this if you respond to this thread with some more details MA! If you are in space, what is your storage (or is it your carried inventory - eek!)?

I also think with the new higher-access auction that auction terminals should be on space stations, as well as space storage terminals. I realise the storage cannot be the same one for all of space, as it would defeat the object of having to transport goods, but there are already effectively some separated storages in space already as at the Caly-affiliated areas. I also realise that auction terminals on space stations would be a non-tt way of offloading loots (possibly used by pirates more), but I am still in favour of having both sets of terminals available.

Also, I STRONGLY assume that when an auction is won, players will not have to decide immediately what to do. It is not just a question of whether they are involved in heavy action at the time and cannot afford to be distracted! It is also that players should not have to wait around for the impending end of an auction they have bid on before starting a space trip, for example.
Could you clarify this too pls, MA? Thank you :)

Back