Question: Calypso vs FOMA vs Hell vs Arkadia vs Monria vs Rocktopia

peterliow

Provider
HALO GreatPeter CLYPSY
Hi

I would like to hear your views.

I have been running around mining in Calypso since the beginning of my journey. Got a few gobal and 3 HOF since. Until now my HOF was recent 2k ped crude oil using F105 + Lv 2 amp and 1k ped of Belkar with Lv 7 amp. Upgrading my gears and only able to buy a few AUD. Planning to get my hand on CLD if possible.

Moving on. I saw alot of 5 digit to 6 digit HOF all coming from other planet except Calypso so far.
Is Calypso really losing out to other planet on mining? Should I move out?

Current Stat :

Lv15 Prospector
Lv 15 Surveyor

Please discuss your view...

Well planetsite mining Imho you should not look after HOF sizes, but potential for MU. And stay away fron FOMA / Hell as the swings are much higher there.

Hi

I would like to hear your views.

I have been running around mining in Calypso since the beginning of my journey. Got a few gobal and 3 HOF since. Until now my HOF was recent 2k ped crude oil using F105 + Lv 2 amp and 1k ped of Belkar with Lv 7 amp. Upgrading my gears and only able to buy a few AUD. Planning to get my hand on CLD if possible.

Moving on. I saw alot of 5 digit to 6 digit HOF all coming from other planet except Calypso so far.
Is Calypso really losing out to other planet on mining? Should I move out?

Current Stat :

Lv15 Prospector
Lv 15 Surveyor

Please discuss your view...

Some info : Foma, Hell (located on Rocktopia) and Monria have a higher density then Calypso, Arkadia and Rocktopia which result in higher minimum claims lvl V/VI if not mistaken due to that you tend to see more globals and hofs there, but those area's do have a lower hitrate.

U could say Calypso is losing out activity due those ppl not mining there, but that's about it.

You just have to keep dropping (anywhere) to see if u will be fortunate enough to find a decent claim.

Some info : Foma, Hell (located on Rocktopia) and Monria and arkadia underground have a higher density then Calypso, Arkadia and Rocktopia which result in higher minimum claims lvl V/VI , they also have finder radius dropped to half(ish) if not mistaken due to that you tend to see more globals and hofs there, but those area's do have a lower hitrate

some extra info :thumbup:

some extra info :thumbup:

Which makes it a bit interesting.

At 50m, planetside, radius you search an area of approx 7750 square meters, while your halfish radius instead only searches 2090 square meters. This means every drop is almost 4 times a planetside bet.

Thanks for the info..

Entropian from other planet please share your views..

Thanks

Anyone got experience in Planet Toulan? Maybe can travel there to see if the developer will be generous for new arrival.. haha

For Those Kind Mate who got nice returns from other planet, kindly share you view on the mining return from those location..

Anyone got experience in Planet Toulan? Maybe can travel there to see if the developer will be generous for new arrival.. haha
No, it's not different from other planets, apart from being very small and having many areas filled with nasty mobs. Plus local minerals might be hard to sell.

For Those Kind Mate who got nice returns from other planet, kindly share you view on the mining return from those location..

Here are my results for the period of 4-Dec to 23-Dec, Arkadia (planetside, no Underground), unamped, using TerraMaster 4 (L), dropping ore+enmatter:

Probes: 6006.00 PED
Finder decay: 297.90 PED
(TT) Excavator decay: 17.76 PED
Total TT in: 6321.66 PED
Total TT out: 6295.34 PED (99.58%)
Average markup: 118.74%
Bottom line (assuming finder at 120%): +1093.56*

*actually, half of that - I was mining for GMC

Looks good? Actually, it isn't. Almost all of that profit is one XX azzurdite (919 PED). If that didn't happen, I'd be about evens; without the next biggest HoF, I'd be about 250...300 PED down.

According to my calculations, to get about the same results in the Hell/AU/FOMA, you need to make 6-8 times more attempts than on the planetside, ceteris paribus.
So, if you do 100 double drops on planetside, you must do 600-800 in these areas with indoor mining logic. Also note, that all these areas are taxed (from 2.9% to 5%). Therefore, carefully calculate your budget before you go there.
Do not even try to do the same thing you do on planetside. You (mostly) will be greatly disappointed with the results.

It has been a while since this posted is out for everyone to share their view on mining in different planet and location.

Please update your finding on which planet works well for you and how can we enjoy our experience when we reach those location?

Back