Robbed by MA / hosed by support during Mayhem

Status

Fade

Stalker
Society
Masters of Chaos Chat
Caldonicus Fade Lore
I jut find this very irritating. During the event, I went into an instance with an essence of evil (Flawless I think...maybe average)...but just a couple minutes into it, there was a crash. I submitted a support case in order to get the essence returned, and this was the response I got after about a week of waiting:

"
2014-11-12 15:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hello Fade,

We have searched our logs, but were unable to find any evidence of what you have described. We do not doubt the veracity of your report, however due to the real-cash economy of Entropia Universe we will regrettably not be able to offer you any compensation in this matter.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

What really pisses me off is that I've deposited over $700 in the past month or so (no this is not normal for me), and this is how they treat a loyal customer. Sure, they might think I'm a scammer trying to get a few free bucks...but such people don't deposit that much. They can also look at my activity and see that I lost a good bit doing the full 40 hours of the Mayhem competition. It's really the principle of the matter for me... their crappy code crashed on me and there is no compensation for money I lost (albeit a small amount) as a result.

All I can say is buyer beware in this 'game'. I'm seriously considering selling out. It's not about the peds... I lose tons of those already... it's more about the principle and the attitude of MA.

Am I just making a mountain out of a molehill? I mean we might lose this much on a bad hunt after all. It just seems like this is different because it relates to a technical issue.

I think it is good.

You might be telling the truth, but what if you were not? People would start asking support for free stuff all the time.

Sorry for your loss but I think support did the right thing.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think it is right since they could not find the item missing. However, we do not know how much effort they've put into it. Guess we just have to assume they at least tried.

Edit2: I am not calling OP a liar even though some morons who can't read seems to think so.

Last edited:
Ya similar things have happened to me

Yes I agree this game does have some glitches that can get costly. I had similar thing happen with support saying they did not have records. Now I record my screen during game play at important times so that I will have some evidence to back up future support cases if needed.

to be fair, you cant even remember what type of essence you had...quite the believable story...

I feel you on MA's responses to things. I really don't feel they value me as a customer - especially regarding how much I (we) spend. I also understand they cant' "give things away" every time someone says something is missing. At the same time to just accept that "these things happen" and you will just "loose" peds from time to time due to networking/coding/bugs and other issues it's pretty BS too. I just get the feeling like MA take people who deposit a lot regularly for granted.
Don't know what else to say....

Well, if they can't find evidence............you know....

Would it cost them anything ? No! Will it cost them anything if you walk because of it ? Yes! So for me its simple , look at your history of spending , your history hunting , if I am MA making the call on what you told me I determine something odd happened and return your ped! Your happy and MA win because you keep depositing! So simple I don't get why they don't get it? Must be a Swedish thing? An internet connection is not a perfect thing and we all know this game doesn't run as it should 100% of the time and fuck we all know what ped they return to you your just going to spend it anyways so wtf MA ! That's another customer service FAIL!

I think it is good.

You might be telling the truth, but what if you were not? People would start asking support for free stuff all the time.

That's not a good customer service attitude. They should give the person what they are asking for. If MA doesn't have sufficient logs (they did in fact say that their logs were in error by saying they believed the OP!) then they need to go by what the customer says. It's a no-brainer customer service situation.

If you get people abusing the system then you simply deal with them on a case by case basis. Or better yet, get your logs working properly and you don't have to worry about it :laugh:

Guess we just have to assume they at least tried.

Having had a number of experiences with Support, I would not assume this at all.

So yes, the OP should be ticked off at MA for this reply from support. It's incompetence. Sorry MA, but you've got to know by now your support is really really bad.

(There are occasional good replies from support but on the whole it's pathetic).

I jut find this very irritating. During the event, I went into an instance with an essence of evil (Flawless I think...maybe average)...but just a couple minutes into it, there was a crash. I submitted a support case in order to get the essence returned, and this was the response I got after about a week of waiting:

"
2014-11-12 15:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hello Fade,

We have searched our logs, but were unable to find any evidence of what you have described. We do not doubt the veracity of your report, however due to the real-cash economy of Entropia Universe we will regrettably not be able to offer you any compensation in this matter.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

What really pisses me off is that I've deposited over $700 in the past month or so (no this is not normal for me), and this is how they treat a loyal customer. Sure, they might think I'm a scammer trying to get a few free bucks...but such people don't deposit that much. They can also look at my activity and see that I lost a good bit doing the full 40 hours of the Mayhem competition. It's really the principle of the matter for me... their crappy code crashed on me and there is no compensation for money I lost (albeit a small amount) as a result.

All I can say is buyer beware in this 'game'. I'm seriously considering selling out. It's not about the peds... I lose tons of those already... it's more about the principle and the attitude of MA.

Am I just making a mountain out of a molehill? I mean we might lose this much on a bad hunt after all. It just seems like this is different because it relates to a technical issue.

I accept that support read your case and didn't even checked the logs if you described you case like that.

But lets assume that you did a better job than the above

what does support know:
you think you lost something, not sure what or exactly when and you want it back

I still think that somebody that spent those ammounts of money on a service to get a better support feedback:
at least asking for better information so that they could provide you with more assistance

I would make a support case like this:

On date x-x-x at time x-x (check your chat logs to get this information, if you don't you should set the saving of chat logs)
my game crashed due to reasons not attributed to my actions.

At that time I was in a instance, when I returned ingame I was unable to returned to that said instance.

The problem is the following while in such said instance I paid for the generation of a boss mob, the crashing prevented me from furfilling my desire to kill such mob

I would like for you to reimburse me back with the essence spent in that instance (it helps to know what level was the instance so that you can specify it by its actual name, and not just essence).

bla bla (some more information that you think it is important, namely that you are a valuable customer, 700 USD pays for many months of ANY subscription game out there, and would last long on most fremium games too)

Hope that this issue is fixed in a timely manner
Kind regards
Your name.

This is another case showing that MA logging ability is somehow reduced lately. It begins somehow at time of Auction orders affair. MA must have changed something internally and is no longer able to log such precisely all items and events as they used so far.

Another explanation is that even if MA is able to check logs it is lacking support staff to do it. Let's remeber Ilunova was closed down by new CEO that mean at least few ppl less for handling support.

Had somehow similar case with missing loot due to loot lag and after few weeks support is still "working on that".

Going to miss you if you go for good...

Did you record it all on video? I'm very tempted to start recording everything in game to fraps or something similar, and put it all on youtube or some streaming video site any time I 'play' (gamble) in the loot system professions or do anything in game that creates any level of decay so that there's recorded proof that I'll be able to use as evidence if support says there is no proof.... may even go further and record every damn minute in game but that might be overkill.

I already do record chats to logs, and also try to save a copy of "my items" before I do any big time changes to what's in inventory/storage just in case, but that may not be enough 'proof' for some at Mindark/Planet Partners.

Last edited:
but, you will keep "playing." it has happened to me, and i keep "playing." it has happened to many others as well and they will remain, too.

Some good thoughts.. just to clarify..

That was not my original support case. In the original I gave the time of the occurrence.

I'm pretty sure it was level 4... but I was doing a lot of bouncing back between 3 and 4.. probably about 20 each...and the occurrence was over a week old and I've been very busy preparing tests for students in two courses the last week. So, sorry if you don't think it's believable that I can't recall 100% that it was a level 4 essence.

Yes some people scam...but my point was that if they just look at the large amount I've deposited this month along (let alone over the last 10 years), they could clearly see that I'd not waste time for such a paltry amount... it's really about the principle to me..... a bug cost me peds. It's not you guys who need to know what I've deposited to know if I'm telling the truth...they can look for themselves and tell if I'm a cheap scammer or if I'm probably legit.

I can't believe they don't show some record. I think they were just too busy to look it up properly. All they need to do is look for when I started an instance, only to be logged out after about a minute or two. The fact that it took them 1 week to get back to me on this issue (and a month on a banking bug) tells me that they are probably understaffed right now.

Don't know if I'm out for good... I do find it insulting. All I know, is I started playing another SciFi game that I hadn't touched in over 3 years yesterday.

And I guess I should record my screen. In the past, support has always given me a fair shake, so it hasn't seemed necessary.

I am very sorry for you loss.

I have a different point of view on MA after what happened after a recent mishappen. I was hunting Leviathan with a fapper. Fapper wasn't in team and a levi mature crit me while I was literally 1 shot away from killing it. My fapper fired 1 shot, killed the levi and as soon as I revived, I got stuck at fort Cayuze's revival (you know, below the surface). I didn't have ME on my so nor could I spawn my vehicle to get unstuck. After getting out (with the help of a socmate bringing me ME) I got to the pos of levi but it was gone already. At first support told me the last levi i killed was also looted. After replying that I didn't kill it but *insert name* did at this time etc. They replied that they found it, that the loot was 3,5 ped and that they would reimburse me for 5 ped of universal ammo just because of the trouble I went through.

A big part of the problem (and im not saying that this is the case here) is when people who have issues with their memory, or are intoxicated, or whatever, send in support cases to MA claiming to have had an item they never had or had sold earlier. MA has been dealing with that kind of thing for over a decade.

I have a different point of view on MA after what happened after a recent mishappen. I was hunting Leviathan with a fapper. Fapper wasn't in team and a levi mature crit me while I was literally 1 shot away from killing it. My fapper fired 1 shot, killed the levi and as soon as I revived, I got stuck at fort Cayuze's revival (you know, below the surface). I didn't have ME on my so nor could I spawn my vehicle to get unstuck. After getting out (with the help of a socmate bringing me ME) I got to the pos of levi but it was gone already. At first support told me the last levi i killed was also looted. After replying that I didn't kill it but *insert name* did at this time etc. They replied that they found it, that the loot was 3,5 ped and that they would reimburse me for 5 ped of universal ammo just because of the trouble I went through.

That's a miracle ! I think your blessed or ....something else.:newbie:

I think it is good.

Sorry for your loss but I think support did the right thing.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think it is right since they could not find the item missing. However, we do not know how much effort they've put into it. Guess we just have to assume they at least tried.

Edit2: I am not calling OP a liar even though some morons who can't read seems to think so.
agree,
I had an incident with a missing item myself.
Support claim that I trade it.
But I didn't trade it, because I don't trade my crafting items so far, I just made 'em for use. :)
from last year I deposited about 35-40k in PED (maybe more).
There is no reason to lie for anything.
So I moved on.
I guess you have to do the same.

This is again support lie. There was other support case on forum where support stated loot is calculated in moment of looting.
Eithere then or now they are simply lie to shake problem off.

Ask them for that logs. Tell them You think it was ATH and u need to be sure it was only 3,5 ped.

If MA can check what loot was in not looted mob that imply some seriuos consequences, like "carried loot" and obciously "loot pool" which was officially stated that one doesn;t exist

This is again support lie. There was other support case on forum where support stated loot is calculated in moment of looting.

Ask them for that logs. Tell them You think it was ATH and u need to be sure it was only 3,5 ped.

If MA can check what loot was in not looted mob that imply some seriuos consequences, like "carried loot" and obciously "loot pool" which was officially stated that one doesn;t exist

The case is now closed but if you wish i'm more than happy to send the logs to you. I had no idea that MA had stated that in the past. I did in fact ask him twice if he was sure it wasn't a 100k ath.

For the person above who called me blessed or newb, I'm in for over 6 figures in depo (14k since sept. 1) and have just 2.5k ped on account to show for it. So not really a noob, or an overpaid noob.

The case is now closed but if you wish i'm more than happy to send the logs to you. I had no idea that MA had stated that in the past. I did in fact ask him twice if he was sure it wasn't a 100k ath.

For the person above who called me blessed or newb, I'm in for over 6 figures in depo (14k since sept. 1) and have just 2.5k ped on account to show for it. So not really a noob, or an overpaid noob.

What makes your case interesting is that, like Shoti said, MA said that loot is calculated upon looting. So your experience says one of either two things:

1. Support lied to satisfy a customer
Or
2. Loot is calculated at some other time. Perhaps upon killing the mob. This would however go against the claim by MA that loot is calculated once the mob is looted.

During Mayhem I had a vamp almost killed when a huge crit killed me. I was revived, i then took one step and was instantly teleported out of the instance, because I was revived 1 step away from the exit. Of course you can't just re-enter the instance.

I also wrote support asking for the essence back, no luck.

It was my fault i suppose, coupled with poor game design, but they could and should have done more to make me feel better about it as it did cost me a few ped and irritate me.

This all comes down to customer service, it might only take a few irritating things like this to push someone close to quitting over the edge. They really should do more to make us feel valued.

During Mayhem I had a vamp almost killed when a huge crit killed me. I was revived, i then took one step and was instantly teleported out of the instance, because I was revived 1 step away from the exit. Of course you can't just re-enter the instance.

They had an issue like this in Everquest 2 with the player made dungeons. They fixed it by making it so you had to right click - select exit instance. A pretty easy fix if you ask me.

A couple things,
first, sorry for your loss,
second, Support are liars,
third, similar happened to me last year. I crashed while killing cat 5 vamp more than 20 times last year. I had screenies and logs and they just quoted eula saying they are not responsible for bugs and glitches that happen. so they basically said fuck off. Same thing happened this year with 3 of the whole 10 I looted from over 90 pumpkin dudes, same reply. its simply bullshit.

Lastly, If you don't have teamspeak, get it. it has an add in feature called overwolf. I run overwolf all the time with no issue on system but it has built in screen capture or video. I video my entire playtime now just in short increments I cut off and restart at 1hr max, good runs I stop shorter for highlight reels, but Its not streaming live the way I have selected it so its not sucking up bandwidth, it also shows your fps as well. A super useful tool.

I just started running it fairly recently but ill have video for the next time shit doesn't go right. that will be indisputable.

LB

I also wrote support asking for the essence back, no luck.

It was my fault i suppose, coupled with poor game design, but they could and should have done more to make me feel better about it as it did cost me a few ped and irritate me.

This all comes down to customer service, it might only take a few irritating things like this to push someone close to quitting over the edge. They really should do more to make us feel valued.

That is some F-ing BS. The design of the Halloween instance is very poor - why the exit isn't like MM one... where you have to actually click on it - I have no friggin idea.
That sucks.

exactly!
Maybe we should ask for clarification on this new find.

Except that the person you replying to said it was killed. So they are stating what it was when it was looted.

Except that the person you replying to said it was killed. So they are stating what it was when it was looted.

That is whole point ! Is loot "carried" ( sory cant find better word for that) by mob all the time. Does it apear when mob is killed and fall dead (before looting) or is it calculated on loot action (as MA stated ).

This case is interesting exactly course of mob being NOT looted.

I am not sure if you are aware of consequences of that support statement, and how that can influence loot and hunting.

1. Loot carying imply pool
2. Loot creating proces on dead mob may take longer than loot of action click.
3. Letting dead mob not looted may change loot value for you or others.
4. Also if loot computing proces last between death of mob and loot action that might influence it's value ( for example on average decay spend on that mob at this moment )

...that is just few which comes to mind at this moment.

I ma aware MA will simply tell that it was mistake of support staff, but will you belive them so this time ? They even provide specific value !

Status
Back