Please remove Markup fetched from Entropiabay and PEAuction

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
Hi there,
as described in the headline.

Entropiabay is not active anymore at all and there we only habe links leading to ads. Therefore it became impossible to check out the value it had once and makes 1.) The link to the site pointless 2. The value behind it pointless, because it can't be verified anymore.

PEAuction still exists, but the values are not updated anymore since beginning of this year. This means Markup values from there are misleading, because horribly outdated and imho should be removed as markups in entropedia. It might be worth to keep the link to the old page of the item to PEAuction for historic reference, but i would not keep the markup value in Entropedia when it is that much outdated.

When there is no automatic mechanism which is able to update market values - perhaps it is better to ditch market value in Entropedia completly as manual updates in a fast moving economy hardly are able to serve as a reference especially when market condition changes due to implemantations ingame.

What does the community think ?

BR

Last edited:
I think its beter tot have a ball park figuren of what something was worth once than to have nothing at all

I think its beter tot have a ball park figuren of what something was worth once than to have nothing at all

Well we have ingame values and price check threads. While we can verifiy it for PE-Auction, it is not possible for Entropiabay at all:

to see what i mean: http://www.entropiabay.com

Recently i discussed about prices with someone who TTed Thyroid which could have been sold in auc. He TTed it because he looked at entropedia which stated 100.5% MU which is plain outdated. Of course he should have looked in the market graph or even in auction, but in good faith the values on entropedia are not that much wrong he just TTed without being bothered to look. It is just an example.

And as i said, the link to PEAuction as historic reference is fine, but people should be aware, the data is outdated in this case.

Beside that a link to a side displayiing a parked domain does not serve ANY purpose whatsoever.

What is missleading especially to new players, who might think that some items are still worth what is shown there, and pay way above what is actual value of those items.

Missleading information is always bad, especially for new players.

I am for removing it, from entropedia.

Perhaps the Markup should just linkt to an generic article: "How to determine Markups in Entropia universe"

In the current situation ther eis a wild mixture of markup values:
-correctly entered values
-Values which wre entered by users, but are outdated
-incorrectly manually entered value due to varoius reasons
-Entropiabay values which are not varifiable due to entropiabay not existing anymore
-Values from PEAuction which is outdated since January. Many things happened since then which affected
the economy massively which means the old value does more harm than good ( potentially at least ).

Affected are as GoNi mentioned above mainly newcomers who are not that much familiar with market values, but also prople who might have difficulties due to language barriers or the lazy ones. Only the latter group is screwing themselves anyway and does not matter much to me. However especially newcomers should not be misleaded by one of the biggest community sites.

I think MA should take notice of what a tremendous resource Entropedia is and what it has done to the game. I'm guessing more people stay around when such a resource is available. The only right thing would be of MA to acknowledge this and somehow share the in game market values with the owners of entropedia.

I think MA should take notice of what a tremendous resource Entropedia is and what it has done to the game. I'm guessing more people stay around when such a resource is available. The only right thing would be of MA to acknowledge this and somehow share the in game market values with the owners of entropedia.

Of course that would be the best solution. For example the suggested API ( Can'T find the old thread anymore. ) But until then i think it is good to make up the mind how to proceed with features of entropedia "as is". And as there is already bugfixing in progress and Siniko is quite busy it seems - imho the best would be to remove the "Markup feature" in entropedia.

Great idea...sending support case about it, and sugest other do same !

Except that nothing is happening with entropedia so nobody will remove anything in reality.

Except that nothing is happening with entropedia so nobody will remove anything in reality.

Soon super moderator Serica will come by and say that bla bla bla........

Soon super moderator Serica will come by and say that bla bla bla........

Although harshly expressed i see your and remontoire's point here. It is not unlikely nothing will happen at all for a good while.

Hi,

I see everyone's point but please be a little more patient, if i would not be working on this i would have passed the project on. I do read everyone's messages and concerns here, i recently moved to another country so things got delayed a bit, once i have something up i will be a lot more active here.

In the meantime would love to see more suggestions from people about the site

Hi,

I see everyone's point but please be a little more patient, if i would not be working on this i would have passed the project on. I do read everyone's messages and concerns here, i recently moved to another country so things got delayed a bit, once i have something up i will be a lot more active here.

I appreciate your efforts to rewrite Entropedia and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, but I am getting frustrated with how long it's taking and I think others feel the same, though we understand that you're doing this for little or no reward as a favour to the community.

Is there any way you could release an interim version, perhaps alongside the existing version rather than replacing it, without splitting the data (i.e. so an edit on the old version would also update the new version)? If not, I think it would be helpful if you could give us some details of what you've done so far, what remains to be done, and when you expect to have a releasable version, so that we can have some understanding of why it's worth waiting for :)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply here, and your effort in general. I hope the relocation went well and wish you the best in your new country. If i can be of any assistance let me know.

BR

Back