Messaging and FL

simple enough fix, add an interface to view incoming requests and approve/decline them (like other incoming messages). the error messages we see are very clear, it is very easy to detect if there is a request outstanding between two avatars.

the fact my support case about this is open since june is quite clear, they don't really give a shit. sad for a game where social aspect is said to mean a lot.

simple enough fix, add an interface to view incoming requests and approve/decline them (like other incoming messages). the error messages we see are very clear, it is very easy to detect if there is a request outstanding between two avatars.

the fact my support case about this is open since june is quite clear, they don't really give a shit. sad for a game where social aspect is said to mean a lot.

+rep Girtsn

Is very sad for our virtual universe to not be able to add new friends.

For how long will this bug continue? This should be top priority !!!

PS: My support case still open since may or june don't remember. They even said that they can't erase a friend invite or send it again... :(

Friend request sent to you, checked to make sure you were offline by sending a whisper.
2014-11-17 19:40:34 [System] [] A friend request has been sent.

In less than 24 hours Neil´s friend request lost in limbo, no message and checked FL. I am seriously starting to doubt Mindark has any database setup for transactions, friend requests and whatnot..... Fixing so that players can pay in webshop is ofc top priority. Another note, 18 days since any dev posted on forum...

ps. Neil can you please confirm that I am not in your FL and that you can not resend it.

Silly question but maybe this friend request bug is connected to hidden avatars ingame? So far have had 4 times this bug, and every single time it is one of those avatars who have decided to hide themselves from public player registry. Maybe some sideeffect of it.

Silly question but maybe this friend request bug is connected to hidden avatars ingame? So far have had 4 times this bug, and every single time it is one of those avatars who have decided to hide themselves from public player registry. Maybe some sideeffect of it.

Well I´m not hidden, need to wait for Neil to confirm that he is not hidden.

ps. Neil can you please confirm that I am not in your FL and that you can not resend it.

Confirmed on both counts.

You're online btw atm and I still can't add you.

[System]: A friend request has already been sent.

Last edited:
and every single time it is one of those avatars who have decided to hide themselves from public player registry

There is Another Catch: Though they can be in public registry, there is the possibility they have chosen not to show their online/offline status, so they Always show as offline, even when they are logged in.

Confirmed on both counts.

You're online btw atm and I still can't add you.

[System]: A friend request has already been sent.

Thanks for confirmation. So what can a player do?

1. File support case, which leads to a shrug off from support.
2. Post on forum, which again seems pointless as devs seem to have stopped posting here (18 days and counting since last post).
3. doing the work around suggested by some, which will not add person on FL, only offering a tedious way of a communicating.

below quote sums it up (will keep posting till devs get it through their thick skulls)

No, I don't think it's related to hidden status.

No, I don't think it's related to hidden status.

Sissi,

Did my add of you work, after your add of me worked and was deleted?

I'm just curious what is going on with that.

Thanks,

-MR

It is funny how such a basic feature such as messaging and a FL can be fucked up? I mean IRC has been around since I discovered it in the uni computer labs. Some mates showed me it and I was amazed...this was 1996. So 18 years later the most basic chat and messaging system is broken in EU LOL. Can anyone with any coding skills explain how this is so?

Sissi,

Did my add of you work, after your add of me worked and was deleted?

I'm just curious what is going on with that.

Thanks,

-MR

Yes, I deleted you from FL. Unfortunately it was a flawed test from my part (forgot to confirm through "whisper" that you are indeed off line), please do not take this as an offense. Guess you read the my posts with Neil that friend request was lost in limbo.

Yes, I deleted you from FL. Unfortunately it was a flawed test from my part (forgot to confirm through "whisper" that you are indeed off line), please do not take this as an offense. Guess you read the my posts with Neil that friend request was lost in limbo.

I was offline I have not played at all this week, logged on only to do these tests. I've had company over and have been taking care of personal business.

Anyhow, while there is a bug, it is interesting to note that it really seems like folks are trying to avoid some details about it. You're basically treating somebody who tried to help like they are a liar because their results dont give you what you expected.

That's poor form, its desperate, and sadly it's what this community does all the time. Voices of dissent are drowned out so that the forum here can continue with its incessant bellyaching.

Last edited:
There is Another Catch: Though they can be in public registry, there is the possibility they have chosen not to show their online/offline status, so they Always show as offline, even when they are logged in.

As a note, mentioned in a couple posts, you CAN send whispers to these people who are pretending to be offline. So, if the window pops up that says "do you want to send an offline message" then you know they're really offline, if it goes through then they're really online.

I was offline I have not played at all this week, logged on only to do these tests. I've had company over and have been taking care of personal business.

Anyhow, while there is a bug, it is interesting to note that it really seems like folks are trying to avoid some details about it. You're basically treating somebody who tried to help like they are a liar because their results dont give you what you expected.

That's poor form, its desperate, and sadly it's what this community does all the time. Voices of dissent are drowned out so that the forum here can continue with its incessant bellyaching.

I said it was a flawed test in the sense that it is not something I can submit in a support case, ie was not thorough enough in all parameters and I said also that do not take it as an offense. What you then imagine is up to you, not much I can do about that.

You expect me to send a support case saying that one test was successful, but I can not confirm if recipient was offline or not. That will help support a lot, as they are looking for the bug, not when it works if both parties are online. Second part, you only wrote about taking a long walk, nothing about having guests and what not.

I said it was a flawed test in the sense that it is not something I can submit in a support case, ie was not thorough enough in all parameters and I said also that do not take it as an offense. What you then imagine is up to you, not much I can do about that.

You expect me to send a support case saying that one test was successful, but I can not confirm if recipient was offline or not. That will help support a lot, as they are looking for the bug, not when it works if both parties are online. Second part, you only wrote about taking a long walk, nothing about having guests and what not.

I was quite offline. I posted as much as a reply to Neil too, but that was also summarily ignored.

I dont take it as a personal offense. The history of this forum indicates the community is highly insular, suspicious, and vulnerable to construing its own misconceptions as actual fact.

I should have expected that folks here would attempt all avenues to disregard results that did not fall in like with their expectations. This whisper confirmation bullshit is simply a loophole you all are using to reject the data because you dont like what you have heard.

I will not assist again as I prefer not to waste my time helping those who do not want to be helped. I'll just go back to saying you are wrong and then listening to you all cry about how mean I am.

Damned fools.

Back