What armor is best for me?

thejackal

Guardian
Anyone that can recommend me what armor to use. Was thinking about buying a UL set for 3-5k ped. I manly need imp, cut,stab but it's nice if i can add 6A plates and have ok robot protection.
What do you think will be best for me?

/jackal

Jarhead, Jaguar or Tiger. First one is cheapest and Tiger the most rare

Jarhead is probably enough for you but a full set is less than 1k.

If you want to spend you full 3k budget then maybe a set of phantom or boar would be what your looking for.
They have similar protection with a bit better eco for around 2-3k.

JEHU

Ok. Do I get any better protection if I go up to my 5 k ped limit? Anyone know what a A.R.C. Elite set cost?

I posted this reply in another thread, it also applies here imho:

My suggestion to you is that you choose Armour based on the actual Mobs you are hunting.

This may sound obvious however your target Mob is determined by the Skills your Avatar has, which determines the weapons that you can use, which determines the Mobs you can kill with 6-12 hits.

I advise that you do some research using Entropedia http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Mob

Once you have a list of a few mobs that you can kill fairly easily, you can see which if any, has a Mission associated with it, again using Entropedia, then look at the loot they drop and hunt the Mob that has the Loot with the highest Weekly MU and ideally a mission with a reward.

Only once you have all this detail can you choose armour/plate that defends against your chosen Mob.

So, Skills --> Weapon --> Mob --> Armour.

Of course if you have lots of PED then ignore all of this and fill 'yer boots with whichever Weapon/Mob/Armour combi that your heart desires

Best of Luck

Dirk

Liakon is also a nice set. Just needs repair more often as the max TT is low.

Ok. Do I get any better protection if I go up to my 5 k ped limit? Anyone know what a A.R.C. Elite set cost?

to my knowledge only foot guards have been dropped, the usual Mindark bug/fuckup. Can´t think of any better armor within 5k limit than the ones recommended above, next limit range will probably be around 15k-25k for angel/martial, guessing you are looking male and not to sure on prices on those atm.

Ok. Ty for all replys. When we are at it. Do you know the price on 5b adj imp mod? That's a good way to get higher protection? High cost to make them?

Jarhead +5b plates and you good to go :yup:

Don't forget about bear if you want to go on the lower end.. it's slightly worse than boar but much cheaper. Also, having gone from ghost -> bear -> boar -> liakon, I would say that I enjoy Liakon the most since I hunt mainly imp/cut/stab and some cold mobs so it suits me best, but I also enjoyed my boar. Never had jarhead but it seems okay too.. Phantom offers good protection but decay is high. I don't think you can get jaguar for that low.. yet.. but maybe in the future it might drop to that price.

Back