Question: Why can i never tower in mining?????

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
I haven't used my forum account for a few years, but i stopped playing this game for 2 years and started again 6 weeks ago, and yet again i did many many deposits the last 6 weeks and for what to still not get any nice hits when i cycle and cycle like crazy all the time????

I have deposited thousands and thousands over the years in this game. I played this game since beta, but had a different avatar then. This avatar i use now i have had since 2010. (i still cant get my first mining tower).

I know everything about the game i need to know, i know all the methods people use, i tried every one of those methods on various occasions and i know that the 3 main professions in this game are all based on long term, example 3k drops or more and 3k clicks crafting and so on....

But i have surpassed this number by far more than that, and i just can never tower, so why is this the case, why do others get tower after tower all the time, some of them never deposit, which really makes it much worse for the players that do deposit, because they are just cycling free peds whereas depositing players are cycling there money they deposited..... which makes it hurt 10 fold, when I see people i know dont deposit getting towers.

Is this what thanks i get from MA for my loyalty and giving them all the money i have given them over the years and i cant even get a tower, it isnt much, and also will say this, even if i did get a tower, i would need to get 4 towers with a total of about 40kpeds to even get even in this game, that is fact about the amount i have deposited in this game over the years, not peds cycled, but the amount i deposited.

I quit the game for 2 years because i was sick of the bugs, lag, bad loot, and also the fact i could never tower...

This is not a rant, but more of a Why..... why MA why can i never ever tower in mining, what more do i have to do, even when i amp in mining i get no claims 90% of the time, and i dont even get the amp paid for 90% of the time on land and on Foma/UG...

So if you read this MA, i would really like to know WHY i can never tower and at least get some money back from what i have lost in this really bad loot economy game??....

Over and out............

I haven't used my forum account for a few years, but i stopped playing this game for 2 years and started again 6 weeks ago, and yet again i did many many deposits the last 6 weeks and for what to still not get any nice hits when i cycle and cycle like crazy all the time????

I have deposited thousands and thousands over the years in this game. I played this game since beta, but had a different avatar then. This avatar i use now i have had since 2010. (i still cant get my first mining tower).

I know everything about the game i need to know, i know all the methods people use, i tried every one of those methods on various occasions and i know that the 3 main professions in this game are all based on long term, example 3k drops or more and 3k clicks crafting and so on....

But i have surpassed this number by far more than that, and i just can never tower, so why is this the case, why do others get tower after tower all the time, some of them never deposit, which really makes it much worse for the players that do deposit, because they are just cycling free peds whereas depositing players are cycling there money they deposited..... which makes it hurt 10 fold, when I see people i know dont deposit getting towers.

Is this what thanks i get from MA for my loyalty and giving them all the money i have given them over the years and i cant even get a tower, it isnt much, and also will say this, even if i did get a tower, i would need to get 4 towers with a total of about 40kpeds to even get even in this game, that is fact about the amount i have deposited in this game over the years, not peds cycled, but the amount i deposited.

I quit the game for 2 years because i was sick of the bugs, lag, bad loot, and also the fact i could never tower...

This is not a rant, but more of a Why..... why MA why can i never ever tower in mining, what more do i have to do, even when i amp in mining i get no claims 90% of the time, and i dont even get the amp paid for 90% of the time on land and on Foma/UG...

So if you read this MA, i would really like to know WHY i can never tower and at least get some money back from what i have lost in this really bad loot economy game??....

Over and out............

You might want to add your mining set up and where you typically mine, what amps you use, etc.

If you take huge amps and go to FOMA/HELL/Underground, I'm sure your chances to tower will increase greatly.

I have cycled about 2.5 times what you have cycled, just based on tracker data, and I have only 2 little ones...

So, by those numbers, you are probably due a little one soon, and you will get your second little one in another 10 years.

That probably doesn't make you feel better though :)

You don't get a tower because of skills, you get towers because of luck.

If you really want a tower, raise your chances by rasing your stakes. Do as Hypnotek says and grab the biggest amps you can find and go to foma, hell or the underground.

Remember:
1 ped bet requires a 4000x multiplier for a tower while a 10ped bet requiers only a 400x multiplier. With a level 13 amplifier your bets are 21 PED planetside and less than a 200x multiplier is needed. Indoors, with a quarter of the search area your bet is about 80 PED compared to a planetside bet and all you need is a 50x multiplier.

I have cycled about 2.5 times what you have cycled, just based on tracker data, and I have only 2 little ones...

So, by those numbers, you are probably due a little one soon, and you will get your second little one in another 10 years.

That probably doesn't make you feel better though :)

Thanks but your right, it doesn't make me feel i am any closer to anything. and also, the fact i didn't play for 2 years and had to reactivate my avatar, i probably lost all my old cycled peds anyway, so those will be long gone, never to be seen again :p

You don't get a tower because of skills, you get towers because of luck.

If you really want a tower, raise your chances by rasing your stakes. Do as Hypnotek says and grab the biggest amps you can find and go to foma, hell or the underground.

Remember:
1 ped bet requires a 4000x multiplier for a tower while a 10ped bet requiers only a 400x multiplier. With a level 13 amplifier your bets are 21 PED planetside and less than a 200x multiplier is needed. Indoors, with a quarter of the search area your bet is about 80 PED compared to a planetside bet and all you need is a 50x multiplier.

And believe me i have tried big amps, many times, and like i said, i have huge losses on them, sometimes doing 3 amps in a row, and never even getting claims or the amp cost paid for.

Return rate is just always very low for me, always has been, i just think im the most unluckiest person in this game, i really doo... :(

luckily, now that you started a thread about it, you will prob. tower.

This is currently my worst mining period FYI. Many others are experiencing the same. Good luck!

The End of Days!

"Freemium"

It's Dynamic!

Share the love.

Does the House ever look back? :)

The Hook has been set! :)

Over and out............

Over and out.

luckily, now that you started a thread about it, you will prob. tower.

LOL naaa i wont, if only it worked like that.....

This is currently my worst mining period FYI. Many others are experiencing the same. Good luck!

Yep same for me too. and thanks and good luck to u too....

if the tower was after only 3k drops i wuld be getting one everyday and never do anything but mining 24/7 ;)
my first tower was after 323 d-class amps and 2nd after 287 and then 2 later i dont know how much drops... they are not easy to get but they sure come.. stick to only mining if u really want to get it. do not hunt or craft inbetween...just my opinion no promises :)

if the tower was after only 3k drops i wuld be getting one everyday and never do anything but mining 24/7 ;)
my first tower was after 323 d-class amps and 2nd after 287 and then 2 later i dont know how much drops... they are not easy to get but they sure come.. stick to only mining if u really want to get it. do not hunt or craft inbetween...just my opinion no promises :)

Yep good tip, but when i said 3k drops that is just a minimum that people say is how loot is based on, that 3k could easily get into double figures *easily* or even triple figures...

Well, I haven't either but I'm not much of a miner, but for a few years a tower wasn't a "tower" because it hadn't been re-implemented and you got a normal claim marker.

All I can advise is patience, no more quitting, study those that have had towers, and wish you all the best.

“If you really want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it.” - Kerry Roy

Good luck! :)

Well, I haven't either but I'm not much of a miner, but for a few years a tower wasn't a "tower" because it hadn't been re-implemented and you got a normal claim marker.

All I can advise is patience, no more quitting, study those that have had towers, and wish you all the best.

“If you really want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it.” - Kerry Roy

Good luck! :)

Thanks and good luck to you too. :)

Yep good tip, but when i said 3k drops that is just a minimum that people say is how loot is based on, that 3k could easily get into double figures *easily* or even triple figures...

Maybe years ago, but now you better plan on doing 50k drops using an amp that gives you 8 ped per drop if you want that tower (on planet). You can potentially lose a lot doing that, more than your tower is worth, as the amp MU is rough.

If your sole goal is to get a tower, it will be more economical to mine indoors (unamped or with a small amp, like level 2). For that you'll also need a lot of drops. This is "long haul" mining, you won't get a tower mining uneconomically because you'll lose so much you will quit.

Last edited:
Welcome to Entropia Universe ;)

When you deposit, keep in mind that's already a "loss", you won't be disapointed.

I remember when I did a run of 50XOA109, I had less than 50% back (the highest was a 648 peds niksarium), it hurts quite a lot, I've minied with small finders unamped to high finders with high amps, I never had any towers, I got only one uber years ago.

I'm doing around 2K drops per week (it's maybe not much but probably more than the casual miners who get a decent hof/tower) and I'm barely getting globs & hofs, I'm actually at ~60% TT return in mining which is quite far from the "expected" 90% TT return, I totally lost hope but maybe one day the unexpected will happen.

Never give up as they said but don't deposit if you can't take the loss ;)

Well from what iv seen with mining is that some aspects are similar as condition crafting when useing amps. My advise to just mine normal without any amps, when you start getting lots claims or globals unamped and having plus runs take a few amps with you but not all the same type of amps. Sometimes iv been more lucky with a lvl 2 amp then say a lvl5 so spread your chances with different amps.

This part is more skeptical but normally when your on an up on a profession it can be over 2 to 3 days after which is fizzles out. Seen this happen so many times in all 3 professions now. But if you do hit you hof either move to a different area or server as the chances hitting another one in that area is very slim.

P.s forgot to add one more important factor. The higher amount peds you cycle the higher your cap is for hitting hofs ubers etc. This is a tactic to make you depo more and to make it more fun for all playstyles includeing the high rollers. So you want a tower just play small for a while then shock the system with amps ;).

Last edited:
I came back to the games after stopping for 2 years as previously I was in the losing end. After coming back since the end of Oct. .. I think I am lucky enough to get a tower as "Welcome back gift".

I will suggest look fo cheaper lv 7, 5 and 3 amp's cover as many area which people might avoid going... If you happen to get " No resource found" for 3 to 5 drops. Fly further and drop again...

Try to Tier up ur finder. I've been using F105 now tier 4.. looking at TK120 for next finder to used...

I hope my post could give you some luck... Hope to see ur name on HOF list!....

Cheers!....

you need to mine in the arkadian underground! preferably a lot more than you do now!
Chances are you will tower there because Arkadia wants the underground to be popular because they have deeds to sell.

(oww and it's good for my aud payout)

I was like you.

Then simply thought, why do I want a tower. Lets say 6,599Ped tower.

There is no reason why you want a tower is there?

The Ped is not profit, despite it looking like that. No doubt you will lose all this ped and rage quit again.

So get tower hunting out of your head, focus on getting your average returns up by seeking the MU, as you are meant to do. Then if a tower comes it is just a bonus and you can buy a toy.

So get tower hunting out of your head, focus on getting your average returns up by seeking the MU, as you are meant to do. Then if a tower comes it is just a bonus and you can buy a toy.

Amen. :wise:

I was like you.

Then simply thought, why do I want a tower. Lets say 6,599Ped tower.

There is no reason why you want a tower is there?

The Ped is not profit, despite it looking like that. No doubt you will lose all this ped and rage quit again.

Your right, but many miners are gamblers and don't care about long term results, they want a tower here and now so they can convince themselves that they are doing good, neglect earlier losses and keep on gambling.

Been there, done that.

So yes, OP should try proper mining as you proposed and let a possible tower just be a bonus that might pop up. But if we are talking bad gambling habits, it is not that easy. You need to make big changes.

People say a lot of things about loot.

Just remember, no matter how long of a long run you run, in the long run it's not long enough of a long run and you really can't accurately tell if you're getting fucked until you've deposited another $50k.

They also say that about loot.

just cover your losses with MU and you can do an endless cycle and one day hit that tower:D

Never had a tower even when was cycling like crazy, but % returns always been ok so not really bothered.

Been working on hunt skills this year tho , done very little mining.

If you are mining and are focusing on a tower then you are doing it wrong.

If you are mining, wanting a tower, but are not amping.. you are doing it wrong.

Live in markup, everything will come in time. Living in markup will allow you to increase your cycling.

Over and out............

I lost 5k ped with 120+% avg mu... with lvl 5's... so yea I don't know what the fuck is up with this loot system.

Well the game is pure gambling even though they say it isn't, you can go to a casino IRL and play that progressive slot machine your entire life and never win the jackpot, the same applies here.

I was lucky enough to get one in my EU career (6480 PED of the worst resource ever to tower on it all was tt food but hey it was something at least). I am thinking I will never see one again though.

Thanks everyone for all your replies, i appreciate them and thanks for the tips some posters have said.

It is very hard to focus on MU when TT returns are usually around 40%-60% for me, it is very hard to cycle peds with such low long term returns.

So a few of the comments made in this thread about focus on MU is pretty much impossible in this game IMO...

But thanks again everyone :)

I don't mine much, but looking at tracker I have done just slightly more than you.
I have only gotten one tower in my carrier, and it was after a week of tripple dropping D-Class amps at 8coins. My guess is that if a tower is what you want, then tripple droping D-Class (or the cheapest MU big amp there is right now) in the Arkadia Underground for a few weeks/months is your best bet.

well, my experience in mining, L34 miner atm, mostly dropping L5 and D-class amps, is no hof over 900ped, no tower, and cannot break even even on 120+% ores

so i cant tell you how to tower :laugh:

Back