Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
STAGE 3 MOBLIST:

MAIN TEAM:

HISPIDUS: Provider and Above: 10 points
CAPERON: Provider and Above: 9 points
ITUMATROX: ANY: 8 points
CAPERON: Young, Mature and Old: 7 points
HISPIDUS: Young, Mature and Old: 6 points
KINGFISHER: ANY: 5 points / Carries SHORT STRAW BONUS highest amount in a global during the match on a 5 point mob earns that team 10 points at the close of the match.

SUPPORT:

ATRAX: ANY: 4 points / Some ATRAX QUEENS may appear in certain spawns, these also score 4 so it might be best to avoid them until after the match.
TANTARDION: ANY: 3 points / More due to arrive, co-ords to be announced.
ARGONAUT: ANY: 2 points
SABAKUMA: ANY: 1 point / Carries SHORT STRAW BONUS highest amount in a global during the match on a 1 point mob earns that team 10 points at the close of the match. / Rumour has it some extra-large Sabakumas will be arriving to bolster their wriggly ranks.

BONUS MOB: WILD CARD. / The first team in a match to global on an unlisted mob will make that mob the Bonus Mob for that match and score 25 points. Their opponents must then hunt whatever it was to get their 25 points. All Wild cards are ANY maturity i.e. opponents only need global on the same species, not maturity that the first team scored with.
Exceptions: No Turp, gibnib, fugabarba, chirpy, no mob unavailable to your opponents for hunting, no mob not found on Calypso in a current spawn. No mob that requires a toxic shot to hunt due to location (unless also found elsewhere on Calypso). Robots allowed. Vanguards not allowed. Event/Unique mobs not allowed. FOMA and CP mobs not allowed. Shared Loot mobs not allowed. Boss mobs count as higher maturities of the non-boss versions. Those with no non-boss version are not allowed. Instance-only Mobs count as Event mobs and are not allowed.

START/FINISH POINT
67700, 71830, 271
A nice valley with a lovely view​

CALYPSO CROSS:
From this Stage to the Final, each match offers the chance for one team to win the Calypso Cross. This is an award for the Team that scores the most per person during a single match.
Example:
Team A score 250 using 5 people in total = 50 points per person.
Team B score 500 using 25 people in total = 20 points per person.
After the Final, when every score of every match is analysed, whatever team scored the most points per person will win the award. This is intended to reward those determined smaller teams who punch above their weight and achieve a good score despite a lack of numbers, but could as easily reward a larger team who hunt efficiently despite the chaos of the WoF:)

The award itself has been confirmed, the details of the prize have not. Will keep you posted.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Awesome moblist! I love it :yay:

For the wild card are we allowed boss mobs (e.g. Mulciber, Drone Exterminator), or is this what you mean by "event mobs"? If they are allowed then do they count alone or alongside their non-boss versions. e.g. if we global a Mulciber can the other the team then get their bonus with a regular Eviscerator Gen 1-10?

Will there be a special spawn of big Hispidus, given that these currently don't exist outside of lootable PvP?

Is the support cap still 100 points?

I assume Chirpy is also forbidden along with Gibnib etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the support cap has been reached can you carry on trying to get a larger global on the short straw bonus mob?

For the wild card are we allowed boss mobs (e.g. Mulciber, Drone Exterminator), or is this what you mean by "event mobs"? If they are allowed then do they count alone or alongside their non-boss versions. e.g. if we global a Mulciber can the other the team then get their bonus with a regular Eviscerator Gen 1-10?

Will there be a special spawn of big Hispidus, given that these currently don't exist outside of lootable PvP?

Is the support cap still 100 points?

I assume Chirpy is also forbidden along with Gibnib etc?

Boss mobs would count as higher maturities of their non-boss versions. So a Mulciber would mean the Bonus Mob was all Eviscerators. Eomon, Longtooth and things with stupendous health, no range of maturities or no non-boss versions are what is meant by event mobs. Will amend rules in Stage 3 info thread. Will add Chirpy to list of exceptions.

More Hispidus are due to appear, yes.

Support Cap is 100 points still.

Hurrikane

If the support cap has been reached can you carry on trying to get a larger global on the short straw bonus mob?

As the rules stand, if a Support Team reaches their cap but has not globalled on enough different mobs to ensure full Variety Bonus or their part of the Sweep, they can hunt on for these Bonuses with no further scores on the mobs themselves. If a higher PED amount was looted in this situation then it would count, as the mob details are still recorded at this point.

If your Support score is capped and Variety and Sweep are reached, your scores are no longer recorded and any further globals do not count for any score or bonus.

Hurrikane

would like confirmation that there will be no wof jackets this year. Didn't see them in the list of prizes. Only thing I noticed was some L guns. Is this final or are you working to at least try to get these L changed over to UL?

would like confirmation that there will be no wof jackets this year. Didn't see them in the list of prizes. Only thing I noticed was some L guns. Is this final or are you working to at least try to get these L changed over to UL?

Prizes are as mentioned. Trophies replace jackets this year, this decision was made by Mindark. Jackets may return in the future. 12 Support Trophies are also awarded.

To give an idea of the level of prizes, the BLP gun for 1st place is a Camo Arms Marine Prowler CDF edition (L), the other gun is the EWE LC-300 Ambush CDF edition(L). These do represent a lot of Daily Mission tokens. I have no real input with the prizes, only their value within the competition (how one compares to another).

WoF has always been about pride not prizes. If you want to win fancy unlimited guns you're probably in the wrong event.

No jackets? Wow, that sucks... I wanted to participate specifically to do awesome and show off my awesomeness with a jacket :mad:

Prizes are as mentioned. Trophies replace jackets this year, this decision was made by Mindark. Jackets may return in the future. 12 Support Trophies are also awarded.

But you can't showoff a trophy like a WoF Jacket. Bad decision indeed :mad:

So I have a question. Team A's support gets like a 500ped Sabakuma and its the highest global so they get the Short Straw Bonus however the support team has reached the 100 point cap. Do they still get the 10 point bonus?

Another question:

Does the wildcard apply to just the two teams competing that match, or does it apply for everyone competing during that time slot?

Team A has a match vs Team B Team C is also competing against Team D that time slot...

If team A gets the wildcard, does it only apply to team B, or is that the wildcard for teams C and D also?

Go Team Eudoria!! :cheer:

So I have a question. Team A's support gets like a 500ped Sabakuma and its the highest global so they get the Short Straw Bonus however the support team has reached the 100 point cap. Do they still get the 10 point bonus?

If a Support Team reaches the cap without getting either Full variety or their part in the Sweep, they can hunt on, for the Bonuses but not for points on the mobs themselves. Any PED values recorded during this time count toward the Short Straw Bonus.

If a Support team has reached the cap, has full variety bonus and their team has the Sweep then their scores are no longer counted or recorded.

Short Straw Bonus is added AFTER the Cap and so being capped would not affect eligibility.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Another question:

Does the wildcard apply to just the two teams competing that match, or does it apply for everyone competing during that time slot?

Team A has a match vs Team B Team C is also competing against Team D that time slot...

If team A gets the wildcard, does it only apply to team B, or is that the wildcard for teams C and D also?

Go Team Eudoria!! :cheer:

Only per match. Other matches at the same time decide their own Wild Cards.

Hurrikane

Replacing the Jackets with some sort of Trophy is a bad decision for participants like me.
And i dont care about the other prices at all.

I've always wanted such a Jacket and worked my way up from newbie support player to main team over the years, just to get a shot at it some day.
These Jackets always where a symbol and statement in this game. Can't belive you just let them go that easy.

Hurrikane, could you please ask Mindark if they, at least, let us have a choice to opt for one or the other?

Replacing the Jackets with some sort of Trophy is a bad decision for participants like me.
And i dont care about the other prices at all.

I've always wanted such a Jacket and worked my way up from newbie support player to main team over the years, just to get a shot at it some day.
These Jackets always where a symbol and statement in this game. Can't belive you just let them go that easy.

Hurrikane, could you please ask Mindark if they, at least, let us have a choice to opt for one or the other?

I was ready to let the event go, Mindark saved it. Pretty much their call what they make and release. Also, every decision I make gets as many complaints as it gets +reps so it's hard to know what to fight for. If a lot of people send a support case requesting jackets maybe that would change things but I'm guessing they have their plans laid down now.

Hurrikane

Hey,

where can I read up on the prices? I can't find it anywhere xD

Too bad about the jackets though, would have been cool to have two of them :p

Regards
Thark

Hey,

where can I read up on the prices? I can't find it anywhere xD

Too bad about the jackets though, would have been cool to have two of them :p

Regards
Thark

Have not had the all-clear to confirm all prizes but it's Trophies instead of Jackets and increasingly cool (L) guns (2 for each person in 1st, 2nd and 3rd).

Hurrikane

Ahhh I understand! Thank you very much!

one more thing, what is a trophy? Like that thing on CP, so something you put in your home?

Regards

If a Support Team reaches the cap without getting either Full variety or their part in the Sweep, they can hunt on, for the Bonuses but not for points on the mobs themselves. Any PED values recorded during this time count toward the Short Straw Bonus.

If a Support team has reached the cap, has full variety bonus and their team has the Sweep then their scores are no longer counted or recorded.

Short Straw Bonus is added AFTER the Cap and so being capped would not affect eligibility.

Hurrikane

Just to clarify a bit more...if support has capped and have all their mobs toward variety/sweep except say the Tantardion (already have a Sabakuma, the Short Straw mob). Isn't the only global that will be acknowledge after the cap a Tantardion global? In this case I'd assume a larger ped Sabakuma would be ignored for Short Straw. True or False?

Thanks, Mack

Just to clarify a bit more...if support has capped and have all their mobs toward variety/sweep except say the Tantardion (already have a Sabakuma, the Short Straw mob). Isn't the only global that will be acknowledge after the cap a Tantardion global? In this case I'd assume a larger ped Sabakuma would be ignored for Short Straw. True or False?

Thanks, Mack

Good point, it's quite amazing how deep the rules have to go:)

In the situation of a support team having capped but not having got variety and/or sweep, they may hunt on. But only the mobs relevant to the gaps in their bonuses will be counted for anything. So if they are missing a Short Straw mob for Sweep then the PED value (if it trumps their previous ones obviously) will count for the Short Straw Bonus. If they are capped and already have (in this instance) a Sabakuma and require a Tantardion then any further Sabakuma globals are null and void, while the first tantardion they get is used to complete the bonus only (no points for the mob itself).

Basically, they can only use mobs for bonus completing that are in play, and after they've capped, any mobs that already form part of the Sweep or Variety Bonuses are no longer in play. Those they have not scored on are in play but after capping, score 0.

Hope that covers that:)

Hurrikane

Where are the spawns? They should be here already. We're already running out of time to plan.

I got a question about the scores between stages, I just want to be sure.

Are scores cleared between stages?

I mean, once it has been decided that team A and team B is moving on to next stage, will the next stage begin from scratch or do team A and team B start the next stage with their total score from previous stage?

Spawn locations?! Getting a bit late to put them in!

I got a question about the scores between stages, I just want to be sure.

Are scores cleared between stages?

I mean, once it has been decided that team A and team B is moving on to next stage, will the next stage begin from scratch or do team A and team B start the next stage with their total score from previous stage?

Stage 3 scores are independent of Stage 4, yes.

Hurrikane

Where are the spawns? They should be here already. We're already running out of time to plan.

As I've had no further word I can only assume the same locations are being used. I shall do my best to get confirmation as early as possible before the matches start.

If anyone reports the spawns being found (I have to be offline for a while now) please post here with the relevant co-ordinates.

I am told the spawns are in-game.

Hurrikane

When termins we have WOF today and tomorow ?

Caperon on OLA 58

Itumatrox on OLA 62

Hispidus on OLA 66

Did not find other spawns yet.

Back