Question: How to Name Your Pet w/ Pet Name Tags

kobar

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
kobar kobar bar
Could someone post directions on how to do please.

right click name tag (pet must be spawned), use. If pet has everything at required level (something about affection if I remember right), you'll be able to name the pet :)

No other way as far as I know.
Let me know if it works :)

What nutrageti said.

Needed 100% affection, 99% and below didn′t do.

right click name tag (pet must be spawned), use. If pet has everything at required level (something about affection if I remember right), you'll be able to name the pet :)

No other way as far as I know.
Let me know if it works :)

Nope, must be doing something wrong.

So, I spawn my pet (lvl 4 Panther) - it sits in front of me and the pet status panel appears (100% affection, 100% mood). In this panel, there's the little pic of the pet (which you can click on), the 'name' (defaults to Panther) and a heart and an XP+ icon.

Is this the name tag you refer to 'cos right clicking on it does nothing for me.

Right click on nametag itself

Still nothing - right clicking on the name in the pet status panel, the status bar and the name bar above the pet has no effect other than bring up the 3 actions pop-up.

it would be great if you could post a screenie of how it looks for you when you do it??

Apologies for being dense!

Still nothing - right clicking on the name in the pet status panel, the status bar and the name bar above the pet has no effect other than bring up the 3 actions pop-up.

it would be great if you could post a screenie of how it looks for you when you do it??

Apologies for being dense!

you are confusing status panel to pet name tag. Pet name tag is in your inventory (if you have bought it, they are about 15peds on auction).
You have to right click it in your inventory (and not the status panel) Btw your pet has to be spawned when you do it.

you are confusing status panel to pet name tag. Pet name tag is in your inventory (if you have bought it, they are about 15peds on auction).
You have to right click it in your inventory (and not the status panel) Btw your pet has to be spawned when you do it.

Ahh, ok, got it now, thanks!!

The downside being that when I summon my pet, the icon in my inventory (looks like a model Panther on a stand and it's in the 'Miscellaneous' section) disappears and there's nothing left for me to click on, so my confusion.

Will buy one when I get back to Arkadia

Ahh, ok, got it now, thanks!!

The downside being that when I summon my pet, the icon in my inventory (looks like a model Panther on a stand and it's in the 'Miscellaneous' section) disappears and there's nothing left for me to click on, so my confusion.

Yeah thats the pet that dissappears, but you should still have the pet name tag (separate item, looks like piece of chain) in inventory.

Yeah thats the pet that dissappears, but you should still have the pet name tag (separate item, looks like piece of chain) in inventory.

Yes, I now know that the name tag is a separate purchase, didn't before, something new I've learned today - told you I was dense :D

Thanks for the assists guys.

Back