Attempt of scam

Sunnybear

Old
Society
Tax Collectors
Sunny Ayenta Bear
Hi all!

Came here to give you a warning.
Last week I posted my unl adj sk20 in #trade a few times and <name removed> chatted that he wanted to buy the fap. He didn't have the PEDs right now but he was sure to deposit on monday and buy the fap. After chatting a little longer about the birds, the bees and EU, he requested to receive the FAP immediately as he would just pay me on monday. As 80% of my current PEDs are tied into the fap I declined and told him I would wait until monday. He insisted a few more times but I didn't give in.
Yesterday (sunday) I asked him if we were still on for monday and he assured me we were and once again requested to receive the fap a day early as he got a job as a fapper and could use the fap. I declined again.

Today is monday, I PM him asking about the trade but he said he needs more time to think. I told him that I wished he told me that the first time we traded because I couldn't hold on much longer and wanted to sell asap. It is then that he became rude and started replying with messages as "wishes are for kids".

Just a fair warning out there (once again) to never give anyone any item as it may result in you losing the item and getting nothing in return.

- Sunny (who is very happy not to have given the fap on thursday)

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general guideline, if someone is requesting an item upfront before payment is made, then its probably a scam.

The guy you are referring to is on the ignore list of 100+ people.
Megaspammer and full of BS.

Just fyi.

More like trolling. I remember how that dude was babbling on #rookie on his second day (and for the next few weeks) about buying a modfap and how he's going to make a ton of peds with it :) Just don't take him seriously.

More like trolling. I remember how that dude was babbling on #rookie on his second day (and for the next few weeks) about buying a modfap and how he's going to make a ton of peds with it :) Just don't take him seriously.

Hello!
Is it possible for someone to PM the avatar name? Since such information is not available in public I suppose anyone can make his own private list? I'm rather new to this universe and I find such information useful.
Thank you in advance!
My avatar name is III Dusk MMM

We need a scammers list, i dont understand why Forum Admins wants to hide scammers and help them :eyecrazy:

.. i dont understand why Forum Admins wants to hide scammers and help them :eyecrazy:

Please see forum rules:
Forum Rules said:
2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

The rationale has been summarised by JimmyB as follows:
..The Rule not to allow the naming of alleged scammers on EF was brought about for a number of very good reasons (and thus is not likely to change) including:

(i) Its very easy for people to make false accusations against people they don't like.
(ii) Its very easy for evidence (for example, screenshots) in false accusations to be faked.
(iii) Consequently, its very hard for anyone at EF to find out whether an allegation is true or false.
(iv) Even if the allegation is true, there's very little anyone at EF can do about it.
(v) Users are instead encouraged to send the info to MindArk via a support case. They have logs that can be used to verify the truth of allegations. And they have the means to hand out punishment to those who were correctly accused.
(vi) There's only so many names people can remember. Once the list grows too long people will forget the names anyway.
(vii) Scammers will regularly get new accounts in any case. Consequently the list will, in majority, consist of a list of old avatars that scammers no longer use.
(viii) Adding a name to the list will alert a scammer he's been found out, thus possibly causing the scammer to get a new account.
(ix) It is better to alert people to scam practices and to show them how to be vigilant, how not to leave themselves vulnerable, rather than to tell them to look out for specific avatars.
(x) Before the Rule was in place it was too much work for the moderators who had to deal with all the ensuing complaints, as well as try to determine which allegations were probably true and which were likely false.

can I get the name by pm as well pls?

Wonder if this is the same guy that convo me on about tradeing a cld for a vigi set for the robot event. Didnt have a clue why he thought I wanted a vigi set let alone for a cld just cold caller I suppose.

Hi all!

Came here to give you a warning.
Last week I posted my unl adj sk20 in #trade a few times and <name removed> chatted that he wanted to buy the fap. He didn't have the PEDs right now but he was sure to deposit on monday and buy the fap. After chatting a little longer about the birds, the bees and EU, he requested to receive the FAP immediately as he would just pay me on monday. As 80% of my current PEDs are tied into the fap I declined and told him I would wait until monday. He insisted a few more times but I didn't give in.
Yesterday (sunday) I asked him if we were still on for monday and he assured me we were and once again requested to receive the fap a day early as he got a job as a fapper and could use the fap. I declined again.

Today is monday, I PM him asking about the trade but he said he needs more time to think. I told him that I wished he told me that the first time we traded because I couldn't hold on much longer and wanted to sell asap. It is then that he became rude and started replying with messages as "wishes are for kids".

Just a fair warning out there (once again) to never give anyone any item as it may result in you losing the item and getting nothing in return.

- Sunny (who is very happy not to have given the fap on thursday)

I strongly advise any participant to reveal their personal information to anyone (age/gender/location ect.) because it can and will be abused.

I strongly advise any participant to reveal their personal information to anyone (age/gender/location ect.) because it can and will be abused.

You might want to edit that sentence. Hint, an "against" is missing...

Where would u want me to put "against" in that sentence?

Just for a laugh but were u meaning something like this?

I strongly advise any participant to reveal their personal information to anyone (age/gender/location ect.) because it can and will be abused against you in a court of law? :)

Where would u want me to put "against" in that sentence?

I strongly advise against any participant to reveal their personal information to anyone (age/gender/location ect.) because it can and will be abused.

in your version you advise to reveal personal info, then say that it will be abused. With the "against" you advise not to reveal. I guess that was what you wanted to come through.

in your version you advise to reveal personal info, then say that it will be abused. With the "against" you advise not to reveal. I guess that was what you wanted to come through.

Yes that's what i meant, and that mistake is making me even laugh more, my brain was too high to comprehend due to you know what. :)

Glad I didn't give my Adj SK-20 to this guy then...

Name

I can't pm every single on of you so i'll make it a riddle

<removed>

i have been scamed

i would like post my Chat log. i ahve been scamed by her. But this is all my own fault. Laugh at me as u like. but i posted this so no one else do the same mistake like i did.
Remember all trade made are Final
wish u learn from my mistake
<chatlog of PM removed>

Can I have the name on PM or rep message please?

Thank you, and sorry for your loss.

To both Sunnybear and Zeinblack, can you please PM me the details as well. Thank you in advance and sorry for causing extra work for you.

i would like post my Chat log. i ahve been scamed by her. But this is all my own fault. Laugh at me as u like. but i posted this so no one else do the same mistake like i did.
<chatlog of PM removed>
The above messase was:
"Last edited by Serica; Today at 13:42. Reason: rule 2.6 - posting content of private messages is not permitted"

Just because it is called a "private message" (aka: PM) doesn't mean it was meant to be confidential. All "messages" are recorded in chat log, and so they are inherently NOT private, as MA can also read them. Therefore, by saying something in chat, of any type, a person gives up their right to an expectation of privacy, because they are in fact publicly publishing their statements to 3rd parties (MA) whenever the use any chat of any type.

So there is no confidentiality remaining to be protected by this archaic and unconstitutional forum law. I think it is time to update the forum rules, or you will risk losing all of us who try to make the game better by helping others.

The above messase was:
"Last edited by Serica; Today at 13:42. Reason: rule 2.6 - posting content of private messages is not permitted"

Just because it is called a "private message" (aka: PM) doesn't mean it was meant to be confidential. All "messages" are recorded in chat log, and so they are inherently NOT private, as MA can also read them. Therefore, by saying something in chat, of any type, a person gives up their right to an expectation of privacy, because they are in fact publicly publishing their statements to 3rd parties (MA) whenever the use any chat of any type.

So there is no confidentiality remaining to be protected by this archaic and unconstitutional forum law. I think it is time to update the forum rules, or you will risk losing all of us who try to make the game better by helping others.

Judge Taco has spoken! :wise:

I can't pm every single on of you so i'll make it a riddle

<removed>

<chatlog of PM removed>
Post it on entropia planets or PM me and I will! :yup:
And yes if the chat log belongs to the person who posted it then it was given permission to be posted! :wise:

The above messase was:

One might as well say that no email should be considered private (as the ISP may look at it), or phone call remain private (as a phone tech might hear it) or pretty much any other communication for that matter, as someone third party might hear it or see it in passing.
Privacy is a fundamental human right. Just because you have some overwhelming desire to ransack other people's private conversations does not make it acceptable, either in RL or here in EU.
In effect, you want to act as judge and jury on someone else's behaviour.
There's a fairly ugly term for that: vigilantism.

I've discussed many, many private and personal things with people by PM both ingame and here on the forum - from health issues to family conflicts, divorces, deaths of loved ones - the big issues as well as the ordinary personal minutia of daily life. I regard such conversations as totally confidential, and I expect the same discretion for anything I might say in PM as well.

/mod note/
Whatever you may personally think of it, the forum rule that stands, and will continue to be observed, is:
2.6 - Private Communication
Posting the content from a private communication in a publicly viewable area of PlanetCalypsoForum is NOT permitted. Private communications include any medium where the involved parties have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as: emails, chat logs, instant messenger logs, private messages, private society forum posts, private social group posts, reputation comments, etc. Such private communications are to remain private, not shared with third parties. Any such private communication content posted on PlanetCalypsoForum will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
Back