What did trigger your first EU investement?

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom

What did you wanted to have ingame so bad that you deposited a bigger amount than you would ever willing to spend on a game before you knew EU.

I mean not playing money for consumables like ammo & probes, but stuff like armor, weapons, clothing,...

For me the 1st 'big' depo was around 3K ped early 2006 to buy a full Nemesis armor that was in auction. I had Goblin at that time but Nemesis was going to protect me a lot better against those nasty Atroxes and it looked way cooler due the helmet instead of facemask.

My second 'big' depo was to buy only a litlle later for a set of 5B plates from a guy in Twin Peaks to protect me even better against bigger Atroxes. (5B plates where like +650 each then... :eyecrazy: )

So basically Atroxes made me deposit... :silly2:

From then on the limits I had in my head about maximum spending in a game where completely gone :laugh:

Last edited:
Not sure if Nemesis and set of 5B plates is investment.
For me it was like 15k peds for a shop in Emerald Lake Mall. And first time trading P2P with such amount of money inside a game is scary thing. But after few years in EU even 300k peds seems like beer money.

after 4 days of free play - I ended up stranded with no ped and no space vehicle on Caly SS. My lift was days gone and I had no option but to depo £10 GBP to pay for the teleporter planet side.

I run the game on a budget so my largest expense to date was ghost and 5b's which i later traded to get the materials for the viceroy. This put me back quite a bit with the reduced protection and this was far more noticeable than I thought it would be.

I recently re-purchased the ghost, a piece at a time when they became available at good price. I still prefer the ghost armour to the viceroy even though it decays more.

Not sure if Nemesis and set of 5B plates is investment.

For me it was an investement since I saw it as buying something that I could use and sell it and withdraw the same money again after I didn't needed anymore.
So I could use it for 'free'. :yay:

Unfortunately, 5B plates and Nemesis armor only dropped in price after that.. :rolleyes:

I joined EU in 2005 with the firm commitment and a promise to myself that I would not deposit a penny... After a few hours of sweating, I was typing in my Credit Card number. Then in early 2006 the first ever shops were auctioned off by MindArk and I got one... plus some other stuff.

Thinking that way i never invested into EU. Personally i deposit a set sum of money each month. That may vary in months where i have to pay more than usual or i get a bonus or something like that. Every month in EU i spend less than i deposit and my PED balance is accounted very accurate, and i only spend ( in the sense of real loss ) what i am willing to lose. That leaves me in plus each month and after a few month i have enough PEDs for purchases.

That way i bought my stuff. When i am still short of money i work out deals with partial payment and collaterals and buy back that stuff during the next 1-2 months. This was the case 2 times in my EU career.

With this method i bought some nice stuff in my EU life without "investing", but paying almost the same "fee" for my entertainment each month.

First two years at University and before:
I use to put in £30 a month, just mined and hunted with the soc. Pretty much did this for my first two years, skilled up to around 120k skills. Wasted most of that little ped from doing stupid un-eco things.
Was happy doing this, played when my housemates were not around, kept me from feeling the lonely uni feeling, going from my family house to a 1 bed uni room.

Placement Year (year out working):

When I had money coming in and nothing to spend it on other than clothes, bling, food and Entropia.

I looted a BBC (L) amp from a Furor, the 50odd damage amp. Then I saw a Foxtrot ME Tier 3 on auction.
£100 in brought it, just as the time some RX event came around. Probably the most fun I've had in this game, picking people off (manly low skilled players) at 160meters.

Had the gun for about 2-3months maybe then took a break from the game.

I have had many times thinking about putting 6000~ped in and buying a UL gun, plates and ammo or a ML45. Lucky sense has always come around, if I get this feeling now I usually take a break for a bit :p.

The fun i had with the peds i got from selling my firste mentor gift (2000ped) reminded be that money can bring you happyness in this game, so made my first depo, bought some korss h400 (L) s and lots of ammo and got back to blasting.

I started early 2004 and i think the first invenstment i did was with 2 friends, we deposited and bought a hangar on auction when MA sold them, we payed around 7000 ped and another 3-4000 for the parts needed to get it working, i think we were among the first 10 hangars that was operational back then.

My first investment into the game was for the Arkadia Underground Deeds....

Ahh well you win some, you loose some :dunce:

Must have been a 2d(l) bp followed by a oa102 BP. IIRC the first one cost me 3-4k and the second 12k. Sales went slow so I got rid off them and eventually withdrew the money and bought beer for it.

Hmmm...I guess what can be considered my first investment would be the "Gremlin (F) set" that I had slowly collected one piece at a time and kept until now.

Back then, there were still robots guarding the beacons that you might find during mining runs and hence I wanted something to protect me in the event that I find one and wouldn't end up dead (leaving it open for others to "steal").

Naturally though, never found any of these beacon sootos. :lolup:

(PS: Don't ask me why gremlin...back then I was still a noob and everyone said gremlin was a good multi-purpose armor. XD)

Last edited:
For me the 1st 'big' depo was around 3K ped early 2006 to buy a full Nemesis armor that was in auction. I had Goblin at that time but Nemesis was going to protect me a lot better against those nasty Atroxes and it looked way cooler due the helmet instead of facemask.

My first big "investment" was nearly the same as yours. Back in late 2005 I did a 3 or 4k depo which I spent on nemesis set, Justifier MK-II, Katsuichi Determination and other junk I didn't even need. Blew my "investment" rather quickly :laugh:

I bought a gun (Korss H350)
And then I bought another gun (H400)
And then I bought another gun (Cap 30 Smuggler).

My really serious investments have been to start and grow my crafting business. Shops, bps, etc.

My first investment was for the HL8, back when they were around 15k or so. At least I'm almost positive it was some sort of HL pistol gun. I remember being excited for it and thinking, wow this item is bulky looking.

~Danimal

Investment as in "large sum in one go" - I believe it were CLDs.

Apart from that, I deposited like $20 after half a hour in game after I tried sweating and did some math, then $100 next day when I realized I should collect large stacks of loot to effectively sell it, and after that a weekly depo became a routine. When I needed to buy/upgrade some gear - I just did sweep the storage a bit. I remember how I bought Nemesis (tt+3.7k back then) just by selling all the iron I collected from argos in previous weeks :)

I think it was 100Ped after about 5 days realising that sweating was as dull as shit. I repaired my orange jump suit and bought 1 can of black paint in hope I could get someone to make it black....LOL I had a lot to learn.
The next depos were for some Limited armours, but the big one was for my Leather Duster Coat, which cost 2000Ped at the time.

First big purchase was a PA shop for 12k. Sold it the next week. I had nothing valuable to sell like I do now.

Then came cap30 smuggler ul. But why stop there? Bought the lion m set.. highest tier in game (i believe it still is). Quickly outgrew the cap 30 smug and bought the hl12 and then the hc204 later.

Eventually sold all these items and bought an LA then restarted more purchases. Least my mad deposits have slowed down. Lol.

Investment as in "large sum in one go" - I believe it were CLDs.

... just by selling all the iron I collected from argos in previous weeks :)

Back when argos looted enough iron to matter. :)

I started with small depo's of $50 at the beginning until I saw a gun "that would kill creatures Really fast" this gun was unfortunately a Vat 100 ME that I bought for BO at 7500 ped ( and I was only level 30 BLP or so) and I took it to tier 6.3 lol
I figured since I made a $1000 depo I might as well buy some armors... so I depo'd another 80k and bought a set of Vain and the 6 piece EON SGA F.
From here on, it was just a open hole for the next couple years, making those purchases seem small

What did you wanted to have ingame so bad that you deposited a bigger amount than you would ever willing to spend on a game before you knew EU.

I mean not playing money for consumables like ammo & probes, but stuff like armor, weapons, clothing,...

It was a combination of two triggers: CLD and Alcohol...

It was a combination of two triggers: CLD and Alcohol...

Alcohol once made me invest more than I'd like to admit in condition crafting....

--/--

This time around I actually came here to play the game and try to make enough ped to sustain. What triggered me this time, opposed to the dreams of an argument the other times, was the possibility to build my avatar "for free".

With CLDs and AUDs it is possible to get a residual income that along with proper bankroll management will keep me going for a while.

Played for over 8 months without deposit, gave up and took a 2.5 month break and was talked back into returning by friends.

Came back and decided heck there is no way to own anything in this game without depositing so deposited in joint ownership of a shop with my RL brother on Calypso.

Since then I have been a regular depositor/loser/gambler what have you in the game and still on a slippery slope to never getting my deposited amounts back. Granted I have held some events that gave away large sums, but even if I kept that PED I'm still at a huge loss and probably always will be in this game.

ive deposited over 100k ped since 2010... ultimately for a set of adj pixie and a tp 1 chip

My first deposit was triggered by the 3x skill event in fall 2008 occuring near enough my Birthday that my wife gave me the go ahead to depo. ($20 maybe?)

Since then I have depod on a budget and while some months have been a little higher than others, I have always resisted the urge to depo a large 'chunk' for something.

My first big investement was back in 2007 because i wanted to buy a Shadow armor set and a better riffle and now i thinking of to buy a Imp-Mod fap but i am not shure if i look how the game looks today.

My first big investment in EU was triggered by climbing accident that left me disabled, with walking difficulties.

I was few month old, depositing nub at that time and decided to buy Assassin R150 and set of Jaguar, which at that time, combined did cost over 30k PED.
So I sold my IRL car (which I could not drive at that time) and deposited some of money in EU ;)

After that, I loosened further and invested more PED over years.

Although tho most of my investments lost value over time, I do not regret any of them because that gear was/is used.

First "major" deposit was in January 2010, after a bit over 7 years of playing (first 7 years were used mostly sweating and chatting). It was my beloved Adjusted Hedoc SK-20, which I bought for TT+2.5k (around 3.5k total).

In 2012 I got serious about the economy and started investing in CLD with my girlfriend. We deposited a total of around 50k ped and 2 years later (after busting our asses to grow our investment) in May 2014, we purchased our biggest toy so far... The Imp FAP :)

For me it was carpal tunnel syndrome. I could no longer give virtual hand jobs for ped over at Icarus, so I deposited.

Back