Suggesting new range of repairtools

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
With Vu 15.1 otw and the remove of stackable logged out transport announced to happen soon after i think its time for mindark to introduce a new line of repairtools useable just inside of larger spacecrafts (privateers/motherships).
Reasons:
The damage potential of a mothership with 11 gunner seats is currently around 2-4,000 damage per second, eating through ships of any size in a mere few seconds and making even 50 people on rk-20 repairs pointless as they technically can only delay a ships death by a few seconds.
There is still no shields for ships avaiable to increase their survivabilty.

New repairtools could have functionality similar to below:
rk-10 / 33 uses per minute / 30-60 SI restore / material used 25 welding wire / rec/max level 15/20vse
rk-30 / 33 uses per minute / 80-110 SI restore / material used 60 welding wire / rec/max level 35/40vse
rk-40 / 33 uses per minute / 120-160 SI restore / material used 80 welding wire / rec/max level 45/50vse
rk-50 / 33 uses per minute / 150-200 SI restore / material used 100 welding wire / rec/max level 55/60vse
rk-60 / 33 uses per minute / 190-250 SI restore / material used 120 welding wire / rec/max level 65/70vse
rk-70 / 33 uses per minute / 230-300 SI restore / material used 160 welding wire / rec/max level 75/80vse
rk-80 / 33 uses per minute / 280-360 SI restore / material used 200 welding wire / rec/max level 85/90vse
rk-90 / 33 uses per minute / 330-420 SI restore / material used 240 welding wire / rec/max level 95/100vse
rk-100 / 33 uses per minute / 400-500 SI restore / material used 300 welding wire / rec/max level 105/110vse
etc.
There could be other tools with better eco at higher levels but less healpower, or more healpower but less uses per minute or even worse eco.
The above is just a suggestion to offer more survivabilty to ships in space and give a reason for development in the vse profession.

Last edited:
make shield bps already... ingredients are massive amounts of nova fragment, blazaar fragment, and sweat

I would suggest introducing something between 5 and 20 before those, the gap between the existing tools is too large.

I would suggest introducing something between 5 and 20 before those, the gap between the existing tools is too large.

Yep, seconded. That's a huge gap, where you're going to get 95% of your repairers. I suggest just make a new one each 5 levels.

Last edited:
There is an rk-50 in game, so the designing is already there - just please MA drop it!!! :girl: ( and the rest would be cool too :cool:) Although iirc the stats on that rk50 were a bit mental.. :D

A proper skilling sequence of repair tools is certainly long overdue both to fill the gap between the 5 and 20 and the rest above as suggested by the OP.

Mod RK Tool that restores all SI on all stations up to full or almost full and uses 10 Welding Wires with 120 uses per minute :D

added rk-10 suggestion, for a more complete skilling range

And i agree there should be some shield modules avaiable for ships as soon as possible too, maybe along with the spacecraft engineering profession to distribute ship energy from reactor between shields, guns and propulsion.
But back to topic before i derail my own thread ;)

Hmmm I wonder does MA prefer we skill at a higher pps or dump as much ped as possible into SI?

With low level repair tools being the only thing available it makes a ships SI all that more important but to have a couple high level repairers with the best tools you described would make SI less of a necessity.

Already I hear stories of pirates giving up against ships with high SI,this could be tough talk but maybe we have to wait till stronger weapons come out that can put a proper hurt on a high SI ship.

As usual its a balancing act.

As usual its a balancing act.

Exactly. It should be a balance of High SI + High Repair Skills + High Repair skill requirement Tools that = the Strongest ship

with the info of dev notes #10 we still have no single word from ma that there will ever be loot inside a spacecraft in the future.

also theres no info about how many missions will be available in what timecycles.

there will be pvp with 4k dps if a mission will be a rewarding but seldom occuring huge event paying for ammo plus profit.

i think space pvp will be like a sportsevent in the future. simply because i believe they have not put their plans for mindbank completely to its grave. virtual currencies are trend. as a company working with financial microtrx you might not have much interest that your own customers call out that your softwareproduct allows for crime like alot people see space pvp as theft.

i believe they change it because of that into terminals so people send loot for a fee to another storage on another planet.

but yes make the missions an event and new tools like in the ones described above will ensure for mass events full of fun. just depends on how the mission ped pool refills.

we shall move ma into dev notes #11
whats with the ammo and stuff?

Added some more suggestions to the range, since over a year passed since this suggestions and mindarks announcement of transport missions and space updates to come and still nothing has happened.
Just in case something will happen and someone forgets to include all already existing levelranges especially since we all skill now twice as fast then we used to before skillpills ;)

rk-90 / 33 uses per minute / 330-420 SI restore / material used 240 welding wire / rec/max level 95/100vse
rk-100 / 33 uses per minute / 400-500 SI restore / material used 300 welding wire / rec/max level 105/110vse
etc.

I don't think that we will see the cargo missions until after Compet launch which is supposed to happen in May as far as I know. They did say June for the missions, just not June of which year :D

Make some tools that use moonleaf boards instead of welding wire, so that wood is useful in a way. Who said you can't have wooden spaceships?

I should stop giving them ideas. :laugh:

Back