NEED ADVICE: my account got locked, MA say it won't be unlocked

ruisu999

Young
Society
Starfleet Command
Luis Ruisu San
Tuesday morning my account got locked and MA sent an email saying they were conducting an investigation so i decided to send a support case asking for the reason my account is locked and they sent this:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Ruisu,

This account has been locked in connection to receiving PED from Credit Card fraud.

This account will not be unlocked nor will we answer cases made by this account in the future.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The only way i receive PED is from loot payment via AH or direct trade and from website like epartners...
I don't know what to do and i feel like MA is stealing my account from me because of the way they closed the support case i quoted before...
My avatar name is Luis Ruisu San
Thank you in advance

Receiving PED through CC fraud can be done in many ways, like using auction or direct trade.

If you are innocent, call them and see how long they expect the investigation to take.

Receiving PED through CC fraud can be done in many ways, like using auction or direct trade.

If you are innocent, call them and see how long they expect the investigation to take.

Investigation?

"This account will not be unlocked nor will we answer cases made by this account in the future."

Sounds like they already did their investigating.

Sounds more like a deposit was made with a CC linked to fraud

Any chance you were not the name or address of residence associated with a card and not matching your account address supplied with your account for the game, that was used for a deposit or purchase from the webstore?

That is a pretty bullsh*t response from MA/FPC, saying they will no longer answer queries without giving ANY information. The account holder should always be able to communicate directly with support.

As far as credit card fraud goes... if I do not call my bank prior to depositing, the deposit is automatically blocked on suspicion of fraud/stolen card. What if one day, I forget, and my bank blocks on suspicion of fraud and something is sent to MA. Does that mean they block me without further communication?

Insanely unreasonable.

Or what if someone trades with you using their own PED which was gained through an illegal transfer? How is that on you? Am I supposed to verify every single avatar before trading?

Stupid.

You've obviously been playing 5 years or more, think back to specifically what trades you have done in the past few days and write them down.

The one purchase or trade that seemed "to good to be true" probably was the one that caused this issue.

That is a pretty bullsh*t response from MA/FPC, saying they will no longer answer queries without giving ANY information. The account holder should always be able to communicate directly with support.

As far as credit card fraud goes... if I do not call my bank prior to depositing, the deposit is automatically blocked on suspicion of fraud/stolen card. What if one day, I forget, and my bank blocks on suspicion of fraud and something is sent to MA. Does that mean they block me without further communication?

Insanely unreasonable.

Or what if someone trades with you using their own PED which was gained through an illegal transfer? How is that on you? Am I supposed to verify every single avatar before trading?

Stupid.

My bank also has strange catches with deposits to MindArk and I get call from my bank within 12 hours if I actually did that transaction to them.

Wait it out, either you're innocent as I'm sure you are or you are a criminal..

Tuesday morning my account got locked and MA sent an email saying they were conducting an investigation so i decided to send a support case asking for the reason my account is locked and they sent this:
Hi Ruisu,

This account has been locked in connection to receiving PED from Credit Card fraud.

This account will not be unlocked nor will we answer cases made by this account in the future.

Kind regards,
The only way i receive PED is from loot payment via AH or direct trade and from website like epartners...
I don't know what to do and i feel like MA is stealing my account from me because of the way they closed the support case i quoted before...
Thank you in advance

Ty for all responses
@WhiningSkeptic
Yes maybe i should call
@Konve
Are they that fast investigating? They answer the support case 9 hours after the account Was locked i think they're still investigating but... Why they respond that way?
@HardWrath
The only card i have registered is on my name and MA the documents they ask for identity proof
@K-Max
I don't think so

By default, I tend to automatically take MindArk's side with these kind of situations however I dont like that they just shut down the topic for further discussion. Regardless of how clear the evidence is, the guy should be allowed to make his case.

Kind regards,

But at least you know you still have the kind regards of Ulf.

Ty for all responses
@WhiningSkeptic
Yes maybe i should call
@Konve
Are they that fast investigating? They answer the support case 9 hours after the account Was locked i think they're still investigating but... Why they respond that way?
@HardWrath
The only card i have registered is on my name and MA the documents they ask for identity proof
@K-Max
I don't think so

Yes, do that!

A phone call is much better and faster than an email conversation AND they can't get away as easy.

With the perspective of you telling the truth and you have been wronged by Mindark, i can only advice you to call them and stand by your case! I think this kind of situations have been happening before and have been solved. So do not loose all hope yet.

I think its fine you are writing here if you are innoncent. Its your only chance to be heard (on paper atleast). I believe that if you actually have commited this fraud you would not be here...

All luck to you, and keep us posted

Thank you all reading the thread :thumbup:
I didn't put it that way at first but i'm a victim here, initially from the jerk that bought something from me and pay with dirty PED and then MA with that kind of response from the support guys
I'll try the call and see what they have to say and hoping to be heared, i'll offer my help on the investigation as well ask for information wich i think i have the right to know

Thank you all reading the thread :thumbup:
I didn't put it that way at first but i'm a victim here, initially from the jerk that bought something from me and pay with dirty PED and then MA with that kind of response from the support guys
I'll try the call and see what they have to say and hoping to be heared, i'll offer my help on the investigation as well ask for information wich i think i have the right to know

I was close to ask for specifics to be posted on another forum, but if it is still an ongoing investigation that might not be the smartest idea, but if they indeed close it with you remaining locked, please do that.

Was this your only transaction with that player?

I was close to ask for specifics to be posted on another forum, but if it is still an ongoing investigation that might not be the smartest idea, but if they indeed close it with you remaining locked, please do that.

Was this your only transaction with that player?
I don't even know which one of the many transactions i did this last week Was the one where i receive the peds from the CC fraud that MA claims and that's one of the things i want to know
I put it the way "a jerk pay me with dirty PED" because is the only way i have received PED out of depositing with my own CC

I don't even know which one of the many transactions i did this last week Was the one where i receive the peds from the CC fraud that MA claims and that's one of the things i want to know
I put it the way "a jerk pay me with dirty PED" because is the only way i have received PED out of depositing with my own CC

I really doubt it would come from the sale of items

Did someone gift you peds?

Hi Ruisu,

Kind regards,
Thank you in advance

Good luck here but something just doesn't sound right since you posted twice that you go out of your way not to get money into game by not using your CC? Have you ever payed a second person with RL money to get PEDs?

(...)
(...)

"...like..." - what other sites have you got peds from? Mayby here is they key to this. As far as i know Entropia Partners are not offitially suported site and here may be the problem. You might have got "free" peds from those "ped to click/watch/etc" sites that were actually frauded. Even 10peds obtained this way might lead to "investigation".

Imho - best option for MA would be removing credit card deposit option as this one is the most risky. To have varanty that all PEDs ingame are valid MA shoudl accpt only payments that are not reversable.

Imagine that you run service (i.e. here on PCF) that you would do things for PEDs ingame. I.e. jdgre tracker chipping optimizer has "donation" fee for full access. There is no way for the service provider if someone will pay him with frauded peds. Similar things may happen to event organisers and many more. Honest player may get ban just becasue he won prize from dishonest event hoster (hosted on PCF not with ingame system) that used PEDs from stolen credit card as prize...

On a side note i still can't understand how credit card system can work world wide...

Falagor
:bandit:

Hi Ruisu,

Kind regards,

Now that there is some seriously fantastic customer service, who needs to advertise when you have support operators like Ulf.

Good luck with it Ruisu, you should of at least got an explanation of why you were locked, that response is bullshit.

To be honest im not sure what to think on this one. In the one hand i want to default to the OP being honest and this is just a missunderstanding but MA seems pretty sure of themselves here. I mean yea some support cases are handled badly but not to the degree of "please f*** off right now we dont want your money anymore" Cant say i have ever heard of that happening before.

I hope it works out for you Luis, but there is something that dosnt sit right with me on this one, sorry.

Zweshi

Now that there is some seriously fantastic customer service, who needs to advertise when you have support operators like Ulf.

Ive had some run-ins with Ulf myself. I get the impression that he doesnt like the "customer service" part of his customer service job. Im sure he deals with a lot of stupid stuff on a day to day basis but thats no excuse.

That aside, seeing as how the OP apparently was bringing peds into EU through alternative and unofficial channels, its not a big surprise that his account is locked.

With that said, there is no reason why MA cant let him explain himself. They shouldn't have closed down his avenue of communication via support.

So, if you bought PEDs from anyone or any website that sold them for less than 10 PEDs/ $1 USD, then you have bought PEDs from a CC fraud. If you bought PEDs from anyone aside from MA, you probably bought PEDs from CC fraud.

Thanks everyone for your replies
I'm bactracking the websites where i get some peds from contest and one on them isn't even working anymore... I think that Was the site doing the fraud because i "won" 100 PED from them and it's the one that now it's gone...
That Was more than a month ago and the contest consist in one of them hiding the price in some planet and then give clues on website to find it...
I feel that's the key of all this...

I'm bactracking the websites where i get some peds from contest and one on them isn't even working anymore... I think that Was the site doing the fraud because i "won" 100 PED from them and it's the one that now it's gone...
That Was more than a month ago and the contest consist in one of them hiding the price in some planet and then give clues on website to find it...

Case solved. You received peds from fake site, that used some fake credit card to depo and pass the money onto you, they themselves earn profits from advertising.
But a new question rises.. Was the 100ped just on the ground or you received it in p2p trade? As if just on ground, anyone could have found it.. And 100ped is not that much.. You received money from that site more often?

Interesting..what site would this be?

Case solved. You received peds from fake site, that used some fake credit card to depo and pass the money onto you, they themselves earn profits from advertising.
But a new question rises.. Was the 100ped just on the ground or you received it in p2p trade? As if just on ground, anyone could have found it.. And 100ped is not that much.. You received money from that site more often?
Thank you for your reply
The PED and some cheap stuff like colonizer armor set and ammo Was left under the bridge connecting new Oxford and genesis amaethera and Other Was in ralentless base in arkadia, that's the 2 I "won" the contest...
Never got in touch with any avatar representing the website

Back