Sweat Gathering skill up to 1k

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hey,

Anyone with a good estimate of the time needed to get SG up to 1k?

Hey,

Anyone with a good estimate of the time needed to get SG up to 1k?

Depends what your points are now and how many hours per day you play. I'm not too sure but I reckon you can get it inside 3 months if you put a lot of hours in. Perhaps 6 months if you are a light player.

Depends what your points are now and how many hours per day you play. I'm not too sure but I reckon you can get it inside 3 months if you put a lot of hours in. Perhaps 6 months if you are a light player.

Oh my god.... that's insane! I was hoping for an answer like "one week if you do two hours a day" or something like that.

They really need to add tools for sweat gathering that decay...

Oh my god.... that's insane! I was hoping for an answer like "one week if you do two hours a day" or something like that.

I never liked sweating much. After 5 years of playing i think i only have ~135 sg. Only sweated in my first weeks and when i'm explaining how it works to a newbie. So neglectable if it is for the sweat, however a high skillcount shows commitment, as the skill grows slowly and is not chippable

Wait for someone who hit 1000 more recently to post, and the only thing that decays when sweat gathering is your mind. :loco:

what does it matter

I'm thinking of bringing all my skills up to 1k. It would be fun to know what it takes to get SG there as well.

That is not easy for some skills as they are hard to obtain and expensive to chip and for some it could be impossible ( i fogot which one exactly but i think one of the weapon techs never was implemented ).

Nevertheless it is a nice goal so gogogo.

That is not easy for some skills as they are hard to obtain and expensive to chip and for some it could be impossible ( i fogot which one exactly but i think one of the weapon techs never was implemented ).

Nevertheless it is a nice goal so gogogo.

Oh, not the uber way. I was thinking more like all skills unlocked and then work my way up 1k at a time and bring new skills up as they appear to keep me busy for a few decades.

Would be a shame to leave SG unskilled.

I'm thinking of bringing all my skills up to 1k. It would be fun to know what it takes to get SG there as well.

You'll soon learn that all your skills will mean some very expensive to increase skills (counting only the ones that don't require unlock, some unlocks I think only an handfun of people have yet achieved), so if you aren't even able to find out by yourself how long it will take you to raise something as simple as Sweat gathering to 1000, it is my opinion that you haven't yet think too much about it.

Now how long will it take it depends on how fast you gain skills

that being said if you know how fast you are gaining skills you can get an estimate of how long it will take.

For example

1000 points in SG if the skill was extractable would mean a value in skills present in the avatar of 3.42 PED
(aprox. the source is http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx)

let say that you started today with 1 point and after 2 hours you reached 53 points and the next day with 2 hours you reached 110,

assuming that mob under the same conditions continues to give you a linear increase of the skill gains up to 1000 points (which in this sample of values won't be very far from the truth).

it would be expectable to take 98 hours of sweat gathering to reach 1000 points.

Extracting, 53 ESI needed: 0.07 PED
Extracting, 110 ESI needed: 0.14 PED
Extracting, 1000 ESI needed: 3.42 PED

3.42/0.07=48.85
2h*48.85= 97.71h

So it up to you to find out how fast you are gaining skills,

Those values are just for example and not based in any data that I have, but the general principle is what I believe it is true.

preety decent assumption i reckon the same time

Thanks for the replies.

I am well aware of the expenses of bringing skills up, the reason I asked specifically for SG is that it is such a tedious task. In fact, it is the most boring of all skills.

I have about 2400 Points in sweatgathering if i sweat hardcore for 1 day i will get about 3-4 skillpoints in the skill.

" hardcore its about 10-12 ours ".

I just thinking about Gertsins goal to get 2k skill in every skill there is.:)

I have about 2400 Points in sweatgathering if i sweat hardcore for 1 day i will get about 3-4 skillpoints in the skill.

" hardcore its about 10-12 ours ".

Thanks.

Using those number the result is approximately 0.004-0.007 PED TT worth of skill per hour which would mean anything between 500 and 900 hours to reach 1k.

I'm gonna do some testing myself.

Back