Suggesting cargo flag for spacecrafts

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight

With transport missions soon to be implemented i think it would be a good aproach of mindark to add a visible flag to spacecrafts that carry transport containers, maybe even giving an indication on the mission value carried.

This would help those who just want to fly between planets to receive less attention as it is drawn to those willing to enter the fight over container transports.

Easy solution could be adding the text '- cargo xxx ped' at the end of the karma title.

It would also prevent someone running transport missions with a dozend unskilled alt accounts quad based 24/7...cause as we all know were there is money someone will try to exploit.

Last edited:
I can see your logic, but it would be like mobs having flags announcing the amount of loot you'll get once you kill them.

In order to make hunting transporters the same as every other activity, the player should never know what - or if - the target actually carries anything.

I would rather pirates waste time and money shooting down mostly no-looters.

Yeah, good idea.
Pirates also should carry Pirate flag with white skull and bones at black background.

Pirate flags ... and loot listings

Yeah, good idea.
Pirates also should carry Pirate flag with white skull and bones at black background.

Yes, and a listing of the loot they are carrying. Just to make things even if JBK's plan gets implemented :laugh:

Yes, and a listing of the loot they are carrying. Just to make things even if JBK's plan gets implemented :laugh:

Absolutely! :wise:

hmmm... I smell self interest.

Cargo flag = pirates know the mob profits.

constant profits = more pirates

more pirates = more business for jbk who flaunts his SI and high lvl gunners (which cant pvp)

Mean this is such a dumb self interested idea I cant believe some people are liking it... you think MA would list which mobs are going to global vs no loot? or even hint at the loot via some symbol indicator?

With transport missions soon to be implemented i think it would be a good aproach of mindark to add a visible flag to spacecrafts that carry transport containers, maybe even giving an indication on the mission value carried.

This would help those who just want to fly between planets to receive less attention as it is drawn to those willing to enter the fight over container transports.

Easy solution could be adding the text '- cargo xxx ped' at the end of the karma title.

It would also prevent someone running transport missions with a dozend unskilled alt accounts quad based 24/7...cause as we all know were there is money someone will try to exploit.

:lolup::lolup::eyecrazy::lolup::lolup:

I can't believe I just read this, checked the date and nope.. it is not April Fools Day.

This is a RCE, it's like saying next time a shop owner goes to the bank with the cash from his takings that he carries an umbrella saying 'mug me' and the amount carried, so the hoodlum knows if it is worth the risk of a black eye .

The flag also would show when pirates have lootet missions from others and so would be a beneficial target.

We are talking mission rewards only here, what players carry themself has nothing to do with this.

Some people clearly need to learn how to read *hint morgoth,granny* ;)

Besides with no flag every player traveling will in future be assumed to carry out a transport mission as well, guess you 2 havent really thought about the consequences of that scenario.

With the flag only player who do the missions would get marked, without it everyones a target.

Last edited:

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h]

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Why dont you learn to read?

Says pilot skills are incorporated into the mission que system, I highly doubt MA is going to give profitable missions to very low skilled pilots.

I know you've read it 100 times just like the rest of us spacers... so why dont you tell everyone what your real motive is, cause I doubt this was just a "friendly suggestion".

The point of mobs and players not having a tag that displays their loot value is obvious, and if people dont want to risk pvp4 they should stay out of space period, otherwise take the risk of getting shot down like the rest of us....

what the heck does pvp4 mean to you... so confusing

And no, people wont not be shot just because they aren't marked as having a crate or their wouldn't be pirates ingame at all right now. You literally just throwing that out there to get the people that dont wanna be bugged on the way to grasp onto your idea, which in the end would change nothing for them.

go pirate pls, or accept my duel request like YOU promised.

The point of mobs and players not having a tag that displays their loot value is obvious, and if people dont want to risk pvp4 they should stay out of space period, otherwise take the risk of getting shot down like the rest of us....

what the heck does pvp4 mean to you... so confusing

its lootable pvp morgoth, if you cant handle others knowing you are worth something - maybe space isnt for you either - or at least not transport missions ;p

Dont tell others to stay out of space when its you that is not brave enough when their is actually something at stake.

Every player has a right to travel through space and those who want to do just that would have a true benefit from such a flag - whereas those who are after 'easy money' would actually have to work for it.

wtf do you mean by easy money and work for it?

If you leave a planet and there is a pirate at the SS your pockets are getting checked whether you got a damn crate tag or not, stop trying to sell the player base your false goods.

And tell me I cant handle pvp? you KoS list is a joke, and I've called you out a ton of times to send your best to duel me. Your crew have no stones for pvp and neither do you?

mean really, you lecture me? I cycle pirates like you cycle mobs

The flag also would show when pirates have lootet missions from others and so would be a beneficial target.

We are talking mission rewards only here, what players carry themself has nothing to do with this.

Some people clearly need to learn how to read *hint morgoth,granny* ;)

Besides with no flag every player traveling will in future be assumed to carry out a transport mission as well, guess you 2 havent really thought about the consequences of that scenario.

With the flag only player who do the missions would get marked, without it everyones a target.

Some people do indeed need to learn to read. I did not mention lootable items, simply that this is a RCE and you are expecting people to advertise they have something that has a 'value' if looted.
Yes I am aware it is all notional until delivered, even though expense may be incurred whether delivery is successful or not. But the fact remains that people would be able to weigh the options if they have all the facts as opposed to taking a chance .

In pvp4 or space currently a pirate or pk'er has to hope their ammo expenditure is worth it in terms of loot gained.
In your idea they will be able to weigh the potential value of the 'goods' against the probable cost of shooting a particular vessel. So all the advantage goes to the pirates and/or those with high SI and crew... which is as usual your point.

When will you ever grasp most of us are capable of reading and remembering you have High SI.. not yet suffering dementia.. we don't need constant reminders.
Or is it you that forgets you said it already.

mean really, you lecture me? I cycle pirates like you cycle mobs

It may be wise to step down off your pedestal for a moment. You've been in space for all of a 2 minutes and proclaim to be the self declared pirate slayer. I haven't a clue who you are - expect someone who has an irritating habit of running his mouth off at every given opportunity, and often quite a lot more that any pirate!

You seem to have either missed completely some key information about true space fights across the board, or just choose to ignore it for your self affirming proclamation.

I understand and truly empathise with your situation if you have found yourself succumbing to propaganda and stories, and how you feel the need to massage your ego with your trash talk and willy waving. I can see that it could be quite easy to be lulled into taking the stance that you have, but just for one moment try and have a more open view of the universe.

The most heroic and respected members of society are the ones who protect the community without the need for all the bragging, gossiping, belittling other members and arguing. If one was wishing to truly to become a great knight, allow that to become your reputation, and not that of a trash talking troll.

Just stop the bickering and enjoy the blooming game for goodness sake.

As for the flag idea, I'm still on the fence about it.

In pvp4 or space currently a pirate or pk'er has to hope their ammo expenditure is worth it in terms of loot gained.

If you are standing in line at the oil rig to pick up your loot or if you wear armor and fight for it - it will be much the same in space - dont tell me people cant see who is going to pickup the oil at the rig ;)
Transport missions will be mindarks space oil rig with the only difference that the rig itself is most likely in a blue bubble.

bonnie... you promised a quad duel just like JBK promised me quad action, but you two always have some excuse not too.

Can someone from the normandie crew stop talking, and step up to the plate to take a swing? Till then, I will talk all I please, because the only challengers that step up to fight aren't normandie crew, yet you guys "claim to be the best".

If you were "silently" killing pirates, most of them would cry very loudly, I know, and with how much time I spend in space I would hear about it.

So you guys in bed with the pirates? cause I never seen you fight one, or hear of it... I have heard of some of your crew being pirates in the past though...

Not to get involved in this.. But I disagree with this statement. Morgoth has been around for quite some time. If you don't know who he is, it's probably due to you not being around as much. Morgoth has indeed been spending alot of his money shooting at pirates just to protect others for quite some time. He's helped me many a time on the bismarck, and sakuba, before I had command of it. He's also a highly respected member of granny's gunner crew...so to be fair, he's been around alot longer than "two minutes".

It may be wise to step down off your pedestal for a moment. You've been in space for all of a 2 minutes and proclaim to be the self declared pirate slayer. I haven't a clue who you are - expect someone who has an irritating habit of running his mouth off at every given opportunity, and often quite a lot more that any pirate!

bonnie... you promised a quad duel just like JBK promised me quad action, but you two always have some excuse not too.

Can someone from the normandie crew stop talking, and step up to the plate to take a swing? Till then, I will talk all I please, because the only challengers that step up to fight aren't normandie crew, yet you guys "claim to be the best".

If you were "silently" killing pirates, most of them would cry very loudly, I know, and with how much time I spend in space I would hear about it.

So you guys in bed with the pirates? cause I never seen you fight one, or hear of it... I have heard of some of your crew being pirates in the past though...

I shall presume you never read any of my post, and will be on a one track mind regardless of what any one will say.

I have never made such a promise to you my dear, if I ever find myself bored in space one day we can certainly toy around, as I suggested before ( when for some reason you seemed a lot less bitter). However, I find your attitude disturbing and certainly not someone I wish to be in the company of.

As for pirate killings, I would be more than happy to send anyone who specifically requests such proof the hundreds of pictures and many videos, even our spreadsheet when our gunners were competing with each other on pirate kill amount. However I am sure the vast majority of those who care to look can easily find such evidence, and have no need to call everything that they may have been contrary to their previous understanding into disrepute. Unlike you however, I do not see the need to be running my mouth off at every given moment.

Morgoth regardless the thread or topic you seem to be busy badmouthing us in every second post you make and often enough in ingame channel as well, in my book this is also a kind of 'piracy' when it comes to reputation and trying to make others suspicious by spreading false information again and again.

Its my last and only warning to you that if you keep doing like you currently do i will treat you like a pirate in future whenever our paths do cross.

Not to get involved in this.. But I disagree with this statement. Morgoth has been around for quite some time. If you don't know who he is, it's probably due to you not being around as much. Morgoth has indeed been spending alot of his money shooting at pirates just to protect others for quite some time. He's helped me many a time on the bismarck, and sakuba, before I had command of it. He's also a highly respected member of granny's gunner crew...so to be fair, he's been around alot longer than "two minutes".

Its very unfortunate then that he feels the urge to create such a bad atmosphere in space, particularly if held in such high regard. I do however live in hope that the bickering and bad mouthing is just a burst of enthusiasm and may be channelled into some more constructive uses.

You are right, my comment regarding the 2 minutes was flippant. I know he has been around in recent times, however his complete dismissal of any item in space that came before he " appeared" substantiates the conclusion of some strong egocentrism.

Its my last and only warning to you that if you keep doing like you currently do i will treat you like a pirate in future whenever our paths do cross.

your suggestion in this thread, is a self-centered attempted to turn the game in your favor, while attempting to doop the player base into thinking this kind of change will get them shot down less by pirates. It's selfish, underhanded, and well thought out, no way you didn't read the release notes 100 times like the rest of us, and know that the missions will incorporate avatars captin level's therefor making the mass generation of alt accounts near impossible to profit on considering the risk of spending the thruster decay, oil, and ship decay (assuming they dont fight back and spend ammo too).

I call it how I see it.

I can see your logic, but it would be like mobs having flags announcing the amount of loot you'll get once you kill them.

Usually you get a hint of the size of the loot on the mob itself; if you're killing a snable or if you kill a hussk.

You can make this suggestion even easier: A simple flag, "on the ship there is at least one person who carries loot". Then, the flag can mean anything between one unit of dung, and 10 000 peds in ores. (This flag could then also be checked by the person who flies in space: Did I miss to check inventory including inside boxes Before taking off?).

+1

such sounds as a good idea to me.

as in the real world departure of large ships have always been an event for alot of people and no larger ship could depart without catching peoples attention i would think that the mission terminals should also show who took what mission and when the departure takes place. Spectators to Space PVP welcome.

like:

DepartureFromToMission TypeSizeAccepted by
14:00-14:30MACalypsoArkadiaCargo TransportMammothNormandie
16:00-16:30MARocktropiaCyreneCargo TransportPoorSleipnir

The size of the cargo could be like the op suggested shown when moving the mouse over a ship. the exact ped reward of the mission i would keep hidden at all times to keep excitement when turning the mission into the broker after arrival. (someone shall see ped value while hof-/ath-ing on the mission)

if someone is worried that ships could get an easy target this way then theres again the big question if ammo is returned to the winner of a space battle.

someone winning not only the cargo but also ammo back might want to win at all circumstances and be prepared for anything. (be armed, in a group or not)

If I were a passenger on a warp ship, I would not want everyone knowing I was taking lootables. Same thing in quads. So no, I think it's a bad idea. Piracy has to come with a risk as well, and that's the risk that they'll waste ammo on targets without loot.

Last edited:
is john turning pirate? :eyecrazy:

Just thought it might be worth repeating the OP and refocussing on the suggestion itself maybe?

Personally I'm not convinced it would help unmarked flyers - as they could still be carrying regular stacks. It would be more helpful for them if there were a flag for them saying they were empty (or virtually zero tt if they still wanted to have a dung with them for sentimental reasons lol).

If warp ships are going to get good reward missions and will be a higher target in the future, maybe this will make scheduled warp flights less easy to perform and less practical for simple travellers... or the ticket price may have to go up... who knows? Maybe warp ships will become more cargo-oriented and less passenger-oriented in the future... in which case it would be nice if simple travellers had some (near) hassle-free alternatives.

However, I'm not sure how the flag suggested would stop someone running 24/7 with alts - maybe John's edit messed up what he wanted to write - I dunno... As mentioned by others, the mission reward level will hopefully be set by MA in such a way that having low space skills will mean very low rewards allocated, thus making using alts less viable. Maybe I missed what you meant John, but I think normally I understand quite well.....

Last edited:
This is the mythical "loot scanner", a device which reveals which mobs have the best loot before you try to kill them.

It would only benefit 1) pirates, 2) empty ships and of course 3) those who use hacks to show they aren't carrying loot but actually are.

interesting idea... but the cargo flag radar or messages should only be available to those that do the daily space mission/multi-planet quest of killing off the cargo lines tradesmen on every planet first (cargo tradesmen on each planet are in an instance found on the space stations of each planet and on instances in each planet itself, so you kill first few waves in the space station to loot the map of the location of the second wave that's on the planet' surface, and after you complete the second wave on the planet you get the map/puzzle piece for that planet)... once you collect all of the 'L cargo trade maps' from each planet's delivery companies every single day you can put the pieces together to form a radar telling you where the cargo shipments are in space for 24 hour period. After 24 hours your data is no longer useful as its outdated and you'll have to go repeat that daily kill the cargo tradesmen mission on each and every planet to recollect the maps so you can assemble another day's radar. All of the L maps and L radar unlock items associated with these quests are non-tradeable, so every individual avatar wishing to have the radar unlocked in space to find the cargo has to do the missions for this on each planet every day they want that radar unlocked.

If this idea is not complicated enough, Mindark could make it more complex by making one of these type of multi-planet quests available for each section of the auction that is associated with the cargo, assuming that at some point in time they actually tie the cargo missions to the real amount of transports sent out there in the real aucion in game instead of just making it a pretend association.

Last edited:
So no, I think it's a bad idea. Piracy has to come with a risk as well, and that's the risk that they'll waste ammo on targets without loot.

Exactly right.

In fact I go further than that:

If somebody is using a ship with bad karma he won't be able to see the ship name (MS and similiar) (or the name of the passengers in case it is a quad, ...)

Every choice that hurts somebody else must come at least with a negative consequence.

Back