Suggesting cargo flag for spacecrafts

This is the mythical "loot scanner", a device which reveals which mobs have the best loot before you try to kill them.

It would only benefit 1) pirates, 2) empty ships and of course 3) those who use hacks to show they aren't carrying loot but actually are.

Just consider one thing: Atm pirates kill lonely travelers once or twice to make sure they got no loot before letting them fly off, but after transport missions are implemented they will kill them every single time they try because they always could have loot (picked up a mission container after the last kill) and there will be alot more pirates as there will be alot more people trying to fly with potential loot...

In regards to Jets question - imagine people with alt accounts collecting missions flying them outside the bluezone looting their avatars with another avatar and carrying out those missions - there you have the 24/7 mission chain i described.

Of course as some pointed out it still remains to be seen how much skill is required to pick those missions or if anyone can pick them from queue once those few who have skills have used up their timers for the day.
I am certainly not convinced that mindark will have a hardcap in there to restrict missions just to people from a certain captain rank onwards, thats why i think that exploits will be very likely and happen.

In regards to those claiming i shall read release notes better i can just say that up to now i seem to be one of only a few who have been successfully predicting how things are going to develop in space and to this day even written support cases for nearly every single possible exploit before it actually happened to be misused.
That the fixes for these bugs then took way longer is a different topic.

I say no.

For the reasons explained in the previous posts.

I don`t like the idea. We (non pirates) are already checked by pirates in space if we travel in quad. No problem with that. But if you`d introduce those cargo flags pirates would minimize their risk and simply would save ammo and wouldn`t contribute as much to the lootpool in space as they should.

In regards to Jets question - imagine people with alt accounts collecting missions flying them outside the bluezone looting their avatars with another avatar and carrying out those missions - there you have the 24/7 mission chain i described.

thanks John. So the flag wouldn't "prevent" that, but it would show up any quad with "a bunch of missions" on it, possibly from the transfer from alts to main.
I was already thinking along similar lines but assume the quads will quickly reach a maximum cargo, maybe the number of containers, rather than the value allocated to each one. It is why I supposed pirates might need a warp ship near their activities so that pirates could gather a larger number of cargos before trying to deliver them.

I still think that the best solution against alts so far suggested is to require a minimum level of space skills before being able to get a mission. We have already seen restricted areas in EU for which a player must finish a mission chain to gain entry - I guess that would be possible too - but in both cases, any avatar that reaches the criteria could be used to 'stand in the queue' and quickly pass on a container to someone else. This is why I think the number of containers per quad should be restricted, not necessarily the ped value of whatever is inside.

I know it throws up various problems - would a warp ship try an get several 1 ped mission containers on board so that not all loot can be looted by a team of quads? Would MA be smart enough to make sure the highest value containers get looted first? I dunno what sort of flag info could quickly advise on what a bigger ship is carrying, so I guess I resort to the idea of a no-loot flag (containers + stacks) being more useful for peaceful travel.

Just consider one thing: Atm pirates kill lonely travelers once or twice to make sure they got no loot before letting them fly off, but after transport missions are implemented they will kill them every single time they try because they always could have loot (picked up a mission container after the last kill) and there will be alot more pirates as there will be alot more people trying to fly with potential loot...

You're assuming the cargo will be picked up at the space station.

If people know the loot in each ship, and space PVP becomes little more than a dps vs SI calculation. If nobody knows what's inside each ship, then you have a wealth of strategies you can use and that makes space a whole lot more fun.

Last edited:
they should make the pirate pay a fee to be able to loot anyone in space like a license say 20 ped they can loot anyone they want but they can be shot down and get looted there license for that 20 ped price tag on there head

the way it is now they dont have to put anything out there risk is next to zero other than the amo they use

We (non pirates) are already checked by pirates in space if we travel in quad. No problem with that

I got a problem with that. More specifically, pirates fly faster than you (for no obvious reason), they shoot you down, send you to revival which can be 1) on a moving mothership/privateer 2) causing CTD (or both), and at revival you get a time "you may not move" for no obvious reason and no text stating when you *can* move, and then you need to move to hangar (if on mothership), spend time looking for a spot to spawn quad, repair the quad (using "equip item" through inventory as you probably have your keyboard set up for other activities than repair and even if you do the repair Tools are (L) and break so the key assignments turns invalid). Then you need to fly back again. And, well, hope there is no "freelancing" pirate who aren't assured you are indeed "empty".

I would prefer a pirate would know I'm empty right away so I don't have to go through all the above just because a pirate would like to "check" me.

The only way this will ever happen is if MA find a way to make up for the lost peds in wasted ammo and repair costs normally incurred by pirates and GD mob. And that whether you like it or not usually means you ALL will be subsidizing it with an increase in something somewhere other than returns.

Last edited:
I would prefer a pirate would know I'm empty right away so I don't have to go through all the above just because a pirate would like to "check" me.

In that case, I can accept that MA offers to those who wish to get such convinience the possibily of a tag that they could use while flying in space (probably outside MS and similiar, meaning quads, sleipnirs, ufo) of showing how much loot they add on them. It can even prevent somebody that thought had no loot on them of entering the lootable pvp zone, by seing the tag themselves.

A craftable tag that uses 100 vibrant sweat in the crafting process and some easy and cheap to get minerals probably would be usefull for people like you without upholding the concept that everybody that doesn't use it must be shoot down because they have loot. (also saves the user the tt decay of the ship that wasn't shoot down by the pirate).

A craftable Cargo SCANNER (ship equipment) would be better - economy can benefit a bit - and rats can use them, leaving the regular travellers in peace.

A craftable Cargo SCANNER (ship equipment) would be better - economy can benefit a bit - and rats can use them, leaving the regular travellers in peace.
ought to make it like an episode of Star Trek or Star Wars or something... use the crafted cargo scanner to find if they are carrying the cargo... then use a crafted tractor beam to hold them in position... then use a manual door to door locking mechanism (which is L and crafted) to lock your ship on to theirs and board them... and manually fight your way to the cargo hold around each avatar in the ship... once you get there, you have to fight your way back on to your ship so that you can warp out of there.

Make it so that if the ship is 'destroyed' the avatars are still lootable but not the cargo... Cargo has to be obtained via actually going on board the other avatar's ship and manually looting it and carrying it back to your ship... after all destrying a ship ought to destroy it's contents too, no?

Yep .... Started reading this and came to the same conclusion that I got when I read the "Proposed Changes for Space"

It appears to be a large paddle pop stick covered in Garcan Lube and so many have grabbed their ankles and cried "Please Sir! Can I have some more ?"

For those who can't see this for what it is, it's not worth explaining it !

Back