Why do people call space forced pvp?

I routinely get teleported up to motherships and privateers by mistake, usually carrying several thousand peds worth of resources. Why? Because the summons looks identical to trade requests.

I think you are being a little close-minded on the issue of space and lootable zones. Many, many people go to space every week either for the first time and don't know what lootable items are, or experienced players carrying loot buried in boxes, or invisible stacks in inventory... all of these players thought they were following safe procedures but instead they're looted. Most of the time they don't even know they've had their stuff stolen. So yes, it's very, very easy, and common, to lose your stuff in space accidentally.

People do get looted in space against their will, even after following the accepted "safe" procedures. You can't pretend it doesn't happen or say it isn't an issue for many, many Entropia players.

I might be, which is why I'm happy to see people replying with various viewpoints. I must add one thing though, my questions and statements don't always represent an opinion of mine. I'm not super fond of space as is but I can see the benefits of it.

I must say that I never thought about the summoning as you express it. That's a very good point but the people who generally get looted have entered the pvp zone out of free will, determined to go there.

As for summoning: I can see changes must be made. I am however surprised that I don't read about it more often.

I routinely get teleported up to motherships and privateers by mistake, usually carrying several thousand peds worth of resources. Why? Because the summons looks identical to trade requests.

I think you are being a little close-minded on the issue of space and lootable zones. Many, many people go to space every week either for the first time and don't know what lootable items are, or experienced players carrying loot buried in boxes, or invisible stacks in inventory... all of these players thought they were following safe procedures but instead they're looted. Most of the time they don't even know they've had their stuff stolen. So yes, it's very, very easy, and common, to lose your stuff in space accidentally.

People do get looted in space against their will, even after following the accepted "safe" procedures. You can't pretend it doesn't happen or say it isn't an issue for many, many Entropia players.
Things like invisible loot, and loot that isn't in the two categories being lootable need to be addressed for sure! No questions about it!

Space threads come up often. It brings out a very emotional response from people. The reality is, it is here to stay. But that doesn't mean people don't have the right to express their views on it. Both for and against.

As slither says, threads like these just piss people off.

These forums piss people off, not just these specific threads. It really is the worst part of the game.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being forced to agree with tacotuesday. It surely is a travesty that has befallen humanity when this occurs. I will now take a shower to rid myself of this uncleanness, particularly in my lootable spaces.

Back