Create a Wormhole to any destination in the Universe

Status

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
Hi,

I'd like to end the forced PvP debate around space by providing a non PvP option to those users who simply dont want to deal with it.

Please allow holders of 1st Generation Wormhole Chip (and only this chip) to be able to create a wormhole to any destination in the universe, including time travel destinations and RockTropia movies.

Why only that chip?

Because this is a powerful option and should be limited, but it is also a desirable option for many players who dont want to engage in PvP, and thus should be implemented in order to provide them with a solution to their problem.

The number of these chips is limited. They're already expensive to have, and at over 10PED per click to use, expensive to use. This provides a reason for their existence, while keeping numbers of them in the universe low, thus not providing significant competition to Mothership owners and other Space Transport options.

In short, folks may need to spend some time finding a Wormhole Chip user to use this option, unlike space, where transport is relatively common.

All it does, essentially, is provide a PvP bypass for those who are die hard determined not to engage in PvP.

I doubt there would be a problem to find a chip since it would quickly become 24/7 service at fixed locations. I already see a queue at Twin Peaks :)

nonsense. Little ships like quads and sleips should not have possibility to create wormholes. Why?
Because it would ruin space economy, MS owners/pirates/transport missions(in upcoming UV) would lose their jobs. Think bigger.

I own a First Gen Wormhole Chip VIII and will be selling it soon, as a result its definitely in my financial interest to see an idea such as this come to fruition.

With that said, I strongly think that MindArk should never ever implement a feature that allows people to circumvent space travel. Doing so will cause detrimental effects on space, the game as a whole, and will undermine the investments made by Privateer and Mothership owners.

I doubt there would be a problem to find a chip since it would quickly become 24/7 service at fixed locations. I already see a queue at Twin Peaks :)

This ;). Also probably "Chip union" soc would be created with at least one chip on each planet - or at least on Caly+Ark+RT (those alternative miners would gladly use it for sure).

Also i would like that but i guess it is becasue i hate space travels and space itself as it is designed curently. I am guessing half of the EU population who loves space will hate this idea.

Falagor
:bandit:

so you bought a wormhole chip and want to justify the purchase, eh? If they do it, have a bunch of L ones drop all over like lyst. :)

Also, the whole argument that Lootable PvP in space is some how "Forced PvP" is a complete farce. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to go into space. No one is forcing you to enter Lootable PvP.

Furthermore, even without logging off during a warp, safe travel options already exist. Any privateer or mothership owner who has made the necessary investment in Structural Integrity is able to provide safe transport.

For example the Privateer that I'm currently selling has 42,974 SI which is enough to prevent pirates from shooting me down.... in fact I taunt them when they attack me. Maybe I'm too cocky but when I warp, with loot in my inventory, I even seek out those pirates just to get them to waste their peds shooting at me and I talk shit to them while they are trying.

With that said, I strongly think that MindArk should never ever implement a feature that allows people to circumvent space travel. Doing so will cause detrimental effects on space, the game as a whole, and will undermine the investments made by Privateer and Mothership owners.

Honestly, I am with you on this.

However, MA seems keen on implementing features that I dont particularly agree with lately. I figure why not toss this one in the pot. It at least makes some sense, and would pull an item out of the novelty bin and make it actually useful to have again.

However, MA seems keen on implementing features that I dont particularly agree with lately. I figure why not toss this one in the pot. It at least makes some sense, and would pull an item out of the novelty bin and make it actually useful to have again.

Which features are you talking about and how do they directly impact your game play?

Which features are you talking about and how do they directly impact your game play?

My gameplay will be unaffected for the foreseeable future, as I dissolved my society and solely grind mission mobs now. I did this because administration of the group was too cumbersome due to the very outdated society interface. The only thing that directly impacts my gameplay is the ugly global window, which I essentially turned off because its frankly hideous and is that way as a direct result of forum whining. The red was attractive. All they needed to do was make it movable. Otherwise I play this game like a 1 person RPG at this point. There are no valid reasons to change this. Shared loot makes needing friends to make a team obsolete. Rookie chat makes needing a society to provide player support obsolete, and virtually indestructible, cheap, land bound vehicles make exploration teams obsolete. Therefore I need no society, I need no friends, and I need no protection.

If I want a safe ride through space, I pay my PED and ride. No help is required.
If I want to upgrade my damage, I find a weapon and buy it. No assistance is really needed, that's just a convenience.
If I want the price to lower on any particular item, all I need to do is wait a year and it will be lower. As planet partners release items Calypso goods get cheaper and cheaper. There's always a seller, and I dont have any particularly pressing need as all I do is grind mobs. If I dont like the price, I dont need to negotiate. I'll take a walk, and get the price I want later on.

And there's my answer. Which features have affected my gameplay, and how did they directly impact my gameplay? Most of the features implemented have impacted it, in one way or another. To the point that now I dont really think anything more than shallow socialization is necessary in EU. It's basically a solo game with a community chatroom, where you compete against others for a slim chance at a prize.

Let's not discuss this further, as I've made my decision regarding EU's current state of socialization. Also, your question was off topic. This thread is about Wormholes.

Last edited:
And this is an old thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Back