Question: Moderators should support bullying?

Moderators should support Bullying?

• Total voters
Status

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
Simple question.
Yes or no?

There was a time before 711 owned the forum, back in the MindBuster/EntropiaForum days when bullying was mostly supported. This forum was a complete fucking disaster and many good players quit as a result.

As much as Serica frustrates me, she does a good job as keeping the shit cleaned up.

I get it man! bring back John Capital! he was a hard ass but fair! this latest bs nanny state retarded modding makes me sick!

I get it man! bring back John Capital! he was a hard ass but fair! this latest bs nanny state retarded modding makes me sick!

Thats because you are a complete dick all of the time.

Spats should be for PM, in forum just creates drama and better gone imo.

Not sure what triggered the thread but all out arguments in threads "my e-penis is bigger than yours" just isn't interesting or on topic.

Spats should be for PM, in forum just creates drama and better gone imo.

Not sure what triggered the thread but all out arguments in threads "my e-penis is bigger than yours" just isn't interesting or on topic.

Spats and bullying are two different things in my opinion.

Something is rotten in troll land for me since a post i responded to which was against eula etc which I posted against was deleted! under rule 3.2!? The post I had a problem with was allowed to remain from a forum acount that has been around for 3 weeks(more or less) and had acrued a massive red neg rep in such a short space of time! was basically saying, if you dont get what you hope to achieve, support isnt quick enough, post external negatives about the game to gain your goal! IE Facebook etc.

My point was that isnt allowed under most restraints, that aside, its harmful to all of our investments who are long term investors etc etc..... those with more brains than me feel free to continue! :dunce:

Thats because you are a complete dick all of the time.
oh wow this tit AGAIN LOL dont forget to leave the game again for another year once you have
1: scammed enough people.
2: pissed off all of your soc (that you created)so much that they kick you out(|NBK facts can be shown but most already know all about you)

yawn:yup:

ok ok ok my bad wtf didnt i already have this tool on iggy like most people who played for more than a year lol

Last edited:
oh wow this tit AGAIN LOL dont forget to leave the game again for another year once you have
1: scammed enough people.
2: pissed off all of your soc so much that they kick you out(|NBK facts can be shown but most already know all about you)

yawn:yup:

EMW please find a way to go fuck yourself.. while you are in that process you can stop spreading lies about me as well. First of all I have NEVER scammed ANYONE ever. Period. Second I have NEVER been booted from a society in EU. I left the NBK after returning to EU a couple of years ago after a 1 year break. Pure and simple.

I seem to recall you selling an obsolete Archon Sword BP for a huge amount (was a trade item) and I feel sorry for that guy. Also, I seem to recall pushing you out of the NBK. Since then, you have been in nearly every top soc that exists in game.

Keep telling lies about me.. go ahead, we have been at this for years. There is no shortage of truths about you that I can share.

The things you and your minions have tried to do to me over the years is the epitome of bullying.

I request to be totally banned from this forum! I play the game not the forum ugggghhh

I request to be totally banned from this forum! I play the game not the forum ugggghhh

Well you can start by sending a PM to Serica or 711 requesting to have your account deleted. While waiting for them to do that, you can simply log out and stop posting. Good riddance.

Just try and read the forum before it all gets deleted. :naughty:

Voted for bacon, brown sauce though!!

l can see little lord rant le roy is replying.......... tho i cant see it! bless.:smoke:

Yes 1 7.14%
No 8 57.14%
Bacon! 5 35.71%

Edmund Burke said:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Bacon

Anytime I have bacon as a choice I will always take bacon. Sorry I couldn't help in your poll you distracted me.

Unless someone gets slandered/threatened or ingame EULA/RL law gets broken i think mods should not delete/edit posts. Basically everytime there is a heated debate now half the thread gets deleted and yea some stuff falls under the afformentioned rules and should be deleted but 99% of the time its a post being deleted that is no where near that level.

I voted bacon in the poll as its obvious that the result will be slanted to one side since the question is formatted in such a way that there really is only one answer that is reasonable to vote on(other then bacon, bacon is always reasonable).

Zweshi

I've said it before and I will say it again...

Sometimes...its better to stop, put yourself in the fella's shoes and think for a second. Oftentimes, the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, if you think about it....seriously...I highly doubt a mod's job is that easy at all. Being a mod, they are often the ones who "acts". However, the one who sets the rules is someone else entirely.

711? MA? I'm not sure...but definitely not the mods. Although they do hold power, they are just about as powerless as you or I, I reckon.

Its a shit job and they are the ones who gets it (the very short end too).

If it was that easy a job to mod....why don't any of you guys pick it up and try it for a month or two?

It takes a lot to actually pick up the "banhammer" you know. Ask those who are mods, or have modded before about their honest opinions.

Please guys...take a chill pill and relax a bit. Its just a game. :laugh:

Don't they already support it? (may site some examples later here if needed...)

of course they should not only support but encourage it. or step up to the plate if no one else is.

(or is this a rather daft poll/thread?)

of course they should not only support but encourage it. or step up to the plate if no one else is.

(or is this a rather daft poll/thread?)

Why do you think that?

As much as Serica frustrates me, she does a good job as keeping the shit cleaned up.

The reason she upsets me is because she doesn't allow for what I consider the natural development of the discussion and tries to contain everything under little boxes (which would be ok if the thread starter/main posters in it were the complainers) on what I believe it is her own initiative (doing so to delete trolls and bully is also ok and desirable). I know it is hard to have the best of two antagonic world views come together, so in overall she is doing a fine job.

I voted No though i am unsure how a person gets bullied on the internet full stop to be honest.

Bullying to me is getting smacked in the face by 4 Aussies because they don't like the fact you are a POM :) then after 14 years in Australia going back to UK and getting punched in the face by 4 POMS because you are an Aussie :) builds character.

Someone calling me names or telling me to go F myself on a forum is like water off a ducks back to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with bacon.

The reasons for that is:

1. I don't see the OPs definition of bullying
2. This thread will be tilted one way or another

I would be much happier to see a link to the thread(s) OP is talking about so that I first and foremost can decide if I find the posts OPs talking about as cases of bullying. What is and is not bullying is most often decided by a very arbitrary thought process.

For instance:
If EMW told me to fuck myself I would consider that bullying and go crying. If Taco told me to go fuck myself I would consider that funny. If Serica told me to go fuck myself I would probably not understand what just had happened and I'd need a couple of days to come to a conclusion whether or not it was a case of bullying.

To further prove my notion of the arbitrary interpretations of posts I will head over to another example:

If I run a price check thread of an item I am selling, my bias would find replies by Slither, Whiteknut and Spawn extra informative and relevant because I trust these people for various reasons while I would consider replies from Gewitter and S4400Salvation as bullying if they presented a lower appraising than I would expect. Reason for this is our earlier "fights". Even though I know of this bias it is hard to completely filter it away. Same goes for any interpretation.

I try to stay neutral by regularly trying to communicate with the people I had a hard time coming along with as I would want to stay unbiased.

Business based on friendship is the worst thing that can happen you while friendship based on business is the best. Same goes into making monetary decisions purely based on your feelings towards someone.

So OP, please share the instance that triggered this thread.

why don't any of you guys pick it up and try it for a month or two?

There would be no people on the forums :)

We are lucky people like Serica and others are willing to give their own time to clean things up a bit, yes sometimes we don't agree with them but that's life.

It's the same as amature football/soccer refs and linesman and other officials that give their own time up to keep things on course, they get harassed by the lazy bastards who don't know the rules but think they know everything.

Even though it pains me to say it, thank you mods... you know who you are.

And if anyone harasses me for being nice.. i will bully you online... mark my words.

The reason she upsets me is because she doesn't allow for what I consider the natural development of the discussion and tries to contain everything under little boxes (which would be ok if the thread starter/main posters in it were the complainers) on what I believe it is her own initiative (doing so to delete trolls and bully is also ok and desirable). I know it is hard to have the best of two antagonic world views come together, so in overall she is doing a fine job.

I agree with you about not allowing the natural progression of a conversation, however "bullying" is something else completely. As per its definition, bullying is intimidation, harassment, persecution, etc etc.

As much as Serica and I disagree on various things, I have to give credit where credit is due... she doesn't screw around and she will bring an abrupt end to harassment and bullying on the forum and thats a good thing.

Not all of us have thick skin and over the years I have seen many really good people leave the game because of harassment on the forum.

In EU and on the forums I've been on both ends of bullying. Unfortunately in the past there were no avenues of recourse for a person who was continuously being harassed and bullied. Forum admins and also MindArk did nothing to stop it either. I've been in those shoes more than once, and when it didn't stop, my last option was to go on the offensive in order to get things to stop. Just like in high school, the only way to deal with a bully is to kick his ass.

Still today there are certain situations for which there are no avenues of recourse and in my opinion where its permissible to bring the fight to the forum. This however is at odds with PCF rules, but for these circumstances where naming and shaming is required, there are other forums that can be utilized if needed.

In my early years of EU, I decided to do something that had never been done up until that point, which was to make a large multi-society organization. That was the NBK, and when I was running it, at its height, it was 11 socs and 750+ combined active members. Over the years I've had to directly and indirectly boot somewhere between 500 and 1000 people for a whole range of things between scamming/exploiting to simply an inability to get along with others. That alone made me a target. I also became a target for anyone on the losing end of an internal NBK power struggle. Moreover anytime one of the NBK members got scammed and MA did nothing about it, who do you think they went to? That would be me and in those situations, if the scam was egregious enough, I would take things to a whole new level and drive the scammer out of the game, get MindArk involved so the accounts get locked, and in some cases I was able to dig up the person's real life contact information. There were times when I uploaded recordings of those phone conversation onto YouTube. When you do things like that, you have to expect that some people will want retribution for burning them.

After a year long break, when I returned a couple of years ago, all of that past drama is a big reason why I didnt want to be in the NBK any more, even though things have calmed down over there now. They have a lot of good members, no doubt.

Over the history of EU, harassment and bullying has been a major issue. Since 711 took over the forums, things have been cleaned up dramatically. When David Simmonds became CEO of MindArk, things in-game also were cleaned up however there still are a few areas where MA could improve. For example, during events where a bunch of avatars are hunting in close proximity, where fights and kill stealing often breakout, there should be an option to request a MindArk or Planet Partner Dev to come into the game on the spot and bring an immediate end to the disruption. This would spare players a lot of angst and prevent MA from having to ban depositing players.

1. I don't see the OPs definition of bullying

Let me give you a clear example. Let say for whatever reason you and I didnt get along and as a result I was bullying you on the forums. I would do this by looking up your recent posts several times per day and starting a fight with you on each thread... Disrupting your society recruiting thread, any selling and buying threads that you had, any threads for services, shops, land areas, or whatever else you were involved in. I would be there endlessly trolling you in thread after thread.

Those are all things I've experienced on numerous occasions throughout the years.

Or lets say that I was repetitively spreading false information about you on the forums such as that you were a scammer and that you were booted from your last society. That also is harassment and thereby a form of bullying, especially if its a continuation of previous actions that are similar in nature.

Usually when you see some bullying on the forum, its just the tip of the ice burg of whats happening in game between those people.

One time I had a guy in the NBK who stole something from someone in Twin Peaks, so I booted him. In real life he had some kind of disorder and took anti-psychotic medication of some type. Anyway, getting booted didnt sit well with him. So as a result, he befriended an alcoholic high skilled person who I had pushed out of the society few weeks before him. Together they started a smear campaign against me, this boiled over onto the forums and went on for weeks. Then that person who got booted for stealing decided to start an EU Radio Station.. He was one of the DJs on that station and every day, his entire show in between songs was dedicated to talking about how much of a dickhead I am. Anyone who got booted from the NBK could come on his show for an interview to discuss the dictator HardWrath. This went on for months. Finally when I had enough, the shit hit the fan on a EU forum that no longer exists. Him and I went back and forth all day, every day for over a week strait on an unmoderated thread that was probably a hundred pages long. It was constant fighting between him and I plus a few of my friends and a few of his friends. Finally I got under his skin enough, he resigned from his radio station, handed it over to someone else, left his society, and then left the game. Today that EU Radio Station is called Atlas Haven Radio. Some of you have heard of it. That alcoholic high skilled person I mentioned, well he is still around causing problems for me and others.

Last edited:
Mederators ? Hmmm and i thought feminism was in charge of that ... :D

Last edited:
Meant to vote no, but could not resist the bacon :ahh:.

With no definitions, i vote bacon....mmmmmmmmmm. Personally i think she does a great job on the whole of moderating, a job i would not wish for my worst enemy. You would have to be the thickest skinned person i know to cope with the bullshit people on this forum throw at you for moderating.

I have full respect!

Rgds

Ace

Status
Back