Help: 78% TT return?

Aslaug

Provider
Society
Kaos
Hunter Aslaug Hofs
I'm using L weapons that have atleast 2.89-2.9 in eco (with markup)

Offence cost is:17.615 ped
Defence cost is: 688.82

Total loot is 14.347 ped

Mostly hunted feffoids and small troxes

48 dps weapon.

Kobold+4a for feffoidds
Nemesis unplated for small troxes.

Why is the loot so freaking terrible :(

and is it only for me?.. like this is madness...

Last edited:

Ive cycled 17.615 ped

Total loot is 14.347 ped

48 dps weapon.

Kobold+4a for feffoidds

What is you evade? Nemesis sounds like alot of 1.0 dmg from small trox.

A bit over lvl 12 only.. evading the feffs decently i'd say!

and the last 6k peds cycled i havent been doing trox :)

Last edited:
78% return how did you get that damn lucky? I can only wish to get that good of returns on a steady basis.

I get shit like 55%, 60%, 150%, 65%, 55%, 30%, 45%, 105% I never get a good steady return on anything I do in this damn game.

Remember one hunt can't be used to signify any trend in this game you need hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of runs of data to determine if returns are crappier or better then before.

If you just did one run and got 78% that is probably considered a normal run. How many % went into skill gain? How much did MA need to make off you? How much needs to go into the progressive global/hof pot? After all the dirty hands get on your 100% start value you are probably around that on average at the end. This mythical 90-95% return value on every run people talk about is a total myth and if someone is really getting it they are either really lucky or figured out a way to cheat the system MA has in place.

Last edited:
If you just did one run and got 78% that is probably considered a normal run.

If you read the whole post, its the last 17k ped cycled.. ive lost almost 4k ped over 27 runs

My first golden rule is that total defense cost(fap and armor) should be less than 3% of total cost.
2nd rule, is that plates should take more damage/decay than the armor. Plates are more economical.
3rd rule, investing in an amp (Omegaton A10x series if laser) will raise your weapon eco more. Not a big Blp fan but Beast and Dante will help if using that.
4th, keep minute logs of your EU activities, see link below, very useful.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...67721-Finished-Combibo-Iron-results-and-stats

then to some questions, are you hunting trox on taxed areas and as Ermik said, you seem over-protected on them. More of your stats would be helpful in giving suggestions. And the usual, 17k ped is not that much turnover, had spells myself when where loot was terrible within such turnover.

ps. just read your post regarding your evade level, that is way too low for trox, your armor decay is probably way too high. Cant really say for feffs, have not hunted them in ages, but I would guess they should give you substantially lower armor costs than trox (if hunting lowest maturity on both)

Last edited:
My first golden rule is that total defense cost(fap and armor) should be less than 3% of total cost.
2nd rule, is that plates should take more damage/decay than the armor. Plates are more economical.
3rd rule, investing in an amp (Omegaton A10x series if laser) will raise your weapon eco more. Not a big Blp fan but Beast and Dante will help if using that.
4th, keep minute logs of your EU activities, see link below, very useful.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...67721-Finished-Combibo-Iron-results-and-stats

then to some questions, are you hunting trox on taxed areas and as Ermik said, you seem over-protected on them. More of your stats would be helpful in giving suggestions. And the usual, 17k ped is not that much turnover, had spells myself when where loot was terrible within such turnover.

Never hunts on taxed areas, i'd like to keep thoose extra 5% to myself, and ofcourse im using amp :) im using beast atm!

well 17 isn't much in itself, but 3.846ped lost is alot to me atleast :)

If you just did one run and got 78% that is probably considered a normal run.

If you read the whole post, its the last 17k ped cycled.. ive lost almost 4k ped over 27 runs

Last week I lost my ass so bad I went to sweating this whole week to tell you how shitty things are for me as well. I was getting multiple 40% tt return runs in a row, mining was in 60-65% tt returns, crafting was a miserable failure. No damn way I was going to keep cranking shit with such a bad streak going.

Take a break do something else, go smaller, sweat, play another game. Wait for your luck swing to come back in the game, anything besides keep cranking for that hopeful get it all back in one big hit unless your happy with taking that risk and if your happy with that you probably would not have started this thread.

ps. just read your post regarding your evade level, that is way too low for trox, your armor decay is probably way too high. Cant really say for feffs, have not hunted them in ages, but I would guess they should give you substantially lower armor costs than trox (if hunting lowest maturity on both)

Last run on feffs was
777ped offence cost (ammo,amps weapon etc)
8.48 ped defence cost (armor,fap)

the decay aint really that high on the armor

Oh BTW get use to these bad swings, they happen to me ever year around this time, I can almost predict when my losses will start to go completely bad.

jan-mar average returns
apr-jul good returns
aug returns start slipping away
sep-nov total crap returns
dec returns start gaining back

months bleed into each other so they are not hard cuts at beginning and end of the months but just on average this is what I have seen in last 4 years of playing.

been that way since I started playing the game

Forgot another golden rule, always use finisher.

Looks exactly like my mining returns in november ....77,77 % return exactly for my last 2841 bombs
But hunting used to be always better for me tt-wise

Forgot another golden rule, always use finisher.

Sisi summarized that very well together with her first post.

People take first L weapon they see and first L laser amp, armor and fap, they go blasting and expect 90% return.

I am now hunting super eco, using 5 acc enhancers and Earth Shock Trooper set.. According to tracker, I went from 2.96 to 3.1 ECO (of course maybe even higher as I use finisher that brings the average eco calculation down).

I grind Neconus, and doing well so far.. From a rough calculation going 3.1 vs 2.95 means I will kill around 800 Neconus more during the whole Iron Challenge, so for the same money spent, I kill 16 600 while someone with 2.96 eco would kill only 15 800.. If you think this won't reflect on the end result then you are mistaken.

Pec = Ped, this is the only thing to keep in mind.

Pecka

Take Kobold armor for feffs its made for them.When you get the desired evader level for feffoid you can take plates off like i do,not sure how it works with 5bs if its to much than just take other plates like 5a or whatever.

For troxs i would suggest maybe adj pixie and 5a plates if that doesnt work adj pixie and 5bs than i guess.

Correct way to calculate tt% return is loot/offense costs (gun/amp/ammo). Do not include markup. Defense cost return is debateable, but it seems more think it is not returned. This is the way you see what MA is returning to you.

Offence cost is:17.615 ped
Defence cost is: 688.82

Total loot is 14.347 ped

48 dps weapon.

Kobold+4a for feffoidds

Take Kobold armor for feffs its made for them.When you get the desired evader level for feffoid you can take plates off like i do,not sure how it works with 5bs if its to much than just take other plates like 5a or whatever.

Please read the the first post!

To OP, scaling back on the mobs might help as well, I know it is not "fun", BUT playing for free is not supposed to be fun either. I got to kill strike without depositing (not withdrawing either! actually I did deposit 60USD in 3 installments after having hit the sweat gathering skill cap) in about 7 years.

That loss is after markup yes. if thats what you where asking

Remove mu from your calculations and look at pure tt returns.

Your loot return doesn't care if you paid 101% or 180% for your (L) gear.

If your tt returns look ok before mu, then you just need to find less expensive weapons with similar dps and eco.

Your armor choices for those mobs sound fine, provided you aren't letting them mob you, meaning 2-5 others hitting you while you kill the 1st one.

Your evade is low but the only two ways to increase that is get hit a lot and/or buy skill chips.

But returns should be looked at with both tt and mu (buying and selling) separated to get a clearer picture.

Happy hoffing

Oh BTW get use to these bad swings, they happen to me ever year around this time, I can almost predict when my losses will start to go completely bad.

jan-mar average returns
apr-jul good returns
aug returns start slipping away
sep-nov total crap returns
dec returns start gaining back

months bleed into each other so they are not hard cuts at beginning and end of the months but just on average this is what I have seen in last 4 years of playing.

been that way since I started playing the game

It is this, even well logged returns don't mean a damn until you have been playing at least 3 years in my opinion. It works like this.

Year 1 - Dont Know what the hell I am doing - just shoot, repair, depo and repeat until MA has taken a few thousand US dollars off you
Year 2 - Start to understand the concept of loot swings, weapons MU and the impact of various events upon your loot and play style
Year 3 - Having seen what happened last year you can start to identify trends in your returns. I will be 3 years old in 2 weeks and I expect my loot to suck from now until my RL birthday in February.

After that I hope to break even until the end of the second week of migration.

Remove mu from your calculations and look at pure tt returns.

Your loot return doesn't care if you paid 101% or 180% for your (L) gear.

If your tt returns look ok before mu, then you just need to find less expensive weapons with similar dps and eco.

Your armor choices for those mobs sound fine, provided you aren't letting them mob you, meaning 2-5 others hitting you while you kill the 1st one.

Your evade is low but the only two ways to increase that is get hit a lot and/or buy skill chips.

But returns should be looked at with both tt and mu (buying and selling) separated to get a clearer picture.

Happy hoffing

Darn need to learn to read properly (again..) or get new glasses, missed the markup part on guns :(

Sorry Meanmachine, happens to us all (not reading properly) :), but I still consider uping plates on trox a very bad advise with his evader level.

just to clarify, 78% is the TT return,

80% is the MU return.

To OP, scaling back on the mobs might help as well, I know it is not "fun", BUT playing for free is not supposed to be fun either. I got to kill strike without depositing (not withdrawing either! actually I did deposit 60USD in 3 installments after having hit the sweat gathering skill cap) in about 7 years.

Yeah im actually thinking of finishing the argo mission, or something with better markup, wich i dont know where to find since loot remake :p

just to clarify, 78% is the TT return,

80% is the MU return.

They meant that your total cost should be without MU, just TT values. Return should be calculated TT based and separately with MU.

They meant that your total cost should be without MU, just TT values. Return should be calculated TT based and separately with MU.

Makes sense.. i should get an unl gun:p

Sample the loot before going rambo style.
Don't let the mission rewards blind you.
Use only low MU (L) weapons, there are a lot.
Low armor + plates is better than medium armor.
Low armor + eco fap is better.
No armor and eco fap is even better.
Kill one mob at a time.
Heal between kills, never while shooting (ex. crits).
Don't pay taxes.
Entropedia is your best friend forever.
When in doubt ask.
Patience.
Don't rush.
Patience.
- Me, 2014.

And for the 58th time, nobody will listen. Meh. gl.

Back