Question: What is happening here?

Luckycharm

Elite
Society
The Dung Kickers
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
Hi,

After doing some warps I decided to idle in calypso station a bit, then took my ship for a spin around Calypso Space station area, parked and exited my pilot seat. It was then when I noticed someone not on my FL nor GL on the "Nearby" contacts list.

I made a solo team and set team target on him repeatedly (as it disappears when out of a certain range) to see where he was...

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Gally

Reactions: aia
Olivia Livi Petty? Wonder if she's related to Olivia Liv Forever?

Olivia Livi Petty? Wonder if she's related to Olivia Liv Forever?

No that's an unrelated PM ;p

It's about the target moving faster and faster then resets to a position.

Exploiters exploiting? Say it ain't so :laugh:

MA grow some fucking balls and bring out the ban hammer for NVE already.

When you are inside the motherships and hangar ships and not in pilot seat you are actually in an instance. Not sure how you could keep team target on someone like that unless they were inside your ship's instance but outside the ship somewhere.:eyecrazy:

When you are inside the motherships and hangar ships and not in pilot seat you are actually in an instance. Not sure how you could keep team target on someone like that unless they were inside your ship's instance but outside the ship somewhere.:eyecrazy:

Yes but like I said he appeared on Nearby List.

The only way you know if it's bugged you can use target buddy to see the other avatar after you use target buddy you see the avatar in the water swimming and you friend list is bugged happen to me sometimes relog and problem fix

The only way you know if it's bugged you can use target buddy to see the other avatar after you use target buddy you see the avatar in the water swimming and you friend list is bugged happen to me sometimes relog and problem fix

<removed> (Maybe best not to write what I think he is doing.)

I'm fully aware if I relog he won't show on that list lol. The interesting part is seeing what he is
doing while he does...

Last edited:
Maybe some new ships or MA testing some new space stuff?

No that's an unrelated PM ;p

It's about the target moving faster and faster then resets to a position.

Coordinates far away: Probably a (lag-related?) bug; sometimes (like once out of 1000) team target isn't lost when you have moved far away. A guess could be that he's not even on your map (I doubt the "server area" for the space around a spaceship is that big).

Reset position: Thinking he's really far away and he's moving at that high angular (thinking the angular speed at a long distance), my guess is that he revives at a spot without a solid floor (in the space belonging to Another spaceship as it has gravity; in space as if it would had been a planet he would had hit the underground sea at -100), then he falls from there through space until he hits the bottom of space. Then he immediately dies and gets teleported back to revival position where he starts to fall again.

Yes Aia you might be right, I just found it was fishy! xD

Coordinates far away: Probably a (lag-related?) bug; sometimes (like once out of 1000) team target isn't lost when you have moved far away. A guess could be that he's not even on your map (I doubt the "server area" for the space around a spaceship is that big).

Reset position: Thinking he's really far away and he's moving at that high angular (thinking the angular speed at a long distance), my guess is that he revives at a spot without a solid floor (in the space belonging to Another spaceship as it has gravity; in space as if it would had been a planet he would had hit the underground sea at -100), then he falls from there through space until he hits the bottom of space. Then he immediately dies and gets teleported back to revival position where he starts to fall again.

If you ever seen someone building steps with texture tiles you would notice that once you no longer see the texture tile the other player starts falling over and over on your view.:D

Someone was standing on a texture tile at the oil rig once and I was standing under one of the sheds. They couldn't see me but when they dropped to the ground over and over I could shoot them. hehe

I've just had a similar (?) bug where I was mining and trying to run S but when close to a server border I was instantly moved 50-100m back to N. My coordinates on the radar and "System" tab actually changed that way and it was not some external observer's view with too slow loading of objects or whatever.
And that happend like 7-10 times in a loop before I actually could proceed running S to the other server.
I think it's one of the failures of the platform and is not intentionally controlled by an avatar in any way.

What is happening ?
Absolutely nothing...
But in Luckys' head there are uber hackers with leet programs which do anything and everything.
Your screen skips when you cross a server border - hacks.
You inventory locks up... someones hacking your inventory.
Aiming too good in space - hacks for sure....

Nothing to see here...
This is coming from the person who accuses everyone of using hacks for the most stupid reason with no proof whatsoever.

Lucky - get a life.

Last edited:
OMG!!!
Everyone, I just discovered a new hack!!
Turn off your computers !!!!

<removed image>

Last edited by a moderator:
What is happening ?
Absolutely nothing...
But in Luckys' head there are uber hackers with leet programs which do anything and everything.
Your screen skips when you cross a server border - hacks.
You inventory locks up... someones hacking your inventory.
Aiming too good in space - hacks for sure....

Nothing to see here...
This is coming from the person who accuses everyone of using hacks for the most stupid reason with no proof whatsoever.

Lucky - get a life.

You can look into his head? He never said it were hacks. You do...
He doesnt accuse anyone ... you do...

You should get a life ..

You can look into his head? He never said it were hacks. You do...
He doesnt accuse anyone ... you do...

You should get a life ..

<removed>I have multiple quotes from lucky in the game, out of the game.

Before you open your <removed> mouth you should actually know what your talking about.

<removed>

I've just had a similar (?) bug where I was mining and trying to run S but when close to a server border I was instantly moved 50-100m back to N. My coordinates on the radar and "System" tab actually changed that way and it was not some external observer's view with too slow loading of objects or whatever.
And that happend like 7-10 times in a loop before I actually could proceed running S to the other server.
I think it's one of the failures of the platform and is not intentionally controlled by an avatar in any way.

That I Think happens if you're moving in the client's Point of view but not in the server's. At some Point, the server will send the location you are at to the client, and then you will Bounce back.

<removed>
I have multiple quotes from lucky in the game, out of the game.

Before you open your <removed> mouth you should actually know what your talking about.

<removed>

Lucky was right . It smells fishy.. <removed>

/mod note/

Please discuss the thread topic civilly and constructively, instead of baiting each other and exchanging insults.
:topic:

/mod note/

Please discuss the thread topic civilly and constructively, instead of baiting each other and exchanging insults.
:topic:

Its really hard when stupid members constantly accuse you of hacking....
Surly this has to border on the edge of harassment!

Its really hard when stupid members constantly accuse you of hacking....
Surly this has to border on the edge of harassment!

There is no accusation in the OP, just a request for help understanding what is happening in the video.
Perhaps you could address that?

There is no accusation in the OP, just a request for help understanding what is happening in the video.
Perhaps you could address that?

I did in my original post.
He should post a support case and then let the community know the outcome instead of posting some bait post and waiting for the other usual suspects to blast accusations left right and center.

I did in my original post.
He should post a support case and then let the community know the outcome instead of posting some bait post and waiting for the other usual suspects to blast accusations left right and center.

Well, all you really said was that there was 'nothing to see'.

As a player that spends a considerable period of time in space yourself, perhaps you might comment on whether you'd ever noticed anything similar?
Or what, in your experience, might account for what is shown in the vid?

Well, all you really said was that there was 'nothing to see'.

As a player that spends a considerable period of time in space yourself, perhaps you might comment on whether you'd ever noticed anything similar?
Or what, in your experience, might account for what is shown in the vid?

Trust me, I would really LOVE to contribute my knowledge of space to the community.
But with so many people hating on here, honestly... id rather share my information with people I trust.

If we push someone out from the safe area into pvp we get an instant warning / temp ban from MA.
Oh but wait... its happen to me more times than I can remember with no repercussions whatsoever to the "non pirate".

Why would I help the community when they talk to me like shit ?

Trust me, I would really LOVE to contribute my knowledge of space to the community.
But with so many people hating on here, honestly... id rather share my information with people I trust.

If we push someone out from the safe area into pvp we get an instant warning / temp ban from MA.
Oh but wait... its happen to me more times than I can remember with no repercussions whatsoever to the "non pirate".

Why would I help the community when they talk to me like shit ?

Getting onto a completely different topic there :)
If you choose to be a 'pirate' in a game with a real cash economy, looting other players .. well, you can't expect to be liked much, I guess. :wise:

If you have nothing further to add to the topic of this thread though, that's fine. Just don't keep making inflammatory posts in the thread. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, report the post.

When you dont have line of sight with the avatar, you lose team target.

It has been this way for a VU or two now.

Who knows why that person was showing up on your nearby list though.

Hello Chances,

Do you have any clue what was happening in the video?

Gally

P.S. I did send a support case, but my experience is anything found won't be communicated back to the actual inquiring players there for privacy reasons...

Back