Skill Buffs while mining

Esme

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Esmerelda Esme Kalanza
I believe that the skill buffs we get while mining should not be time based considering that there is an amount of running time in between each drop of a probe.

Would it perhaps be a lot fairer to be drop based?

Also so many of the buffs are at the end of a mining run when I have only a few probes left. If the buff were drop based then I could go get some more probes and still be buffed.

With hunting you are continually firing from one mob to the other and do not have a set amount of time between each mob. Also you are continually firing whilst hitting on a mob.

What do you think??

Do you think MA has adjusted for the difference between hunting, mining and crafting for skill buffs??

As a hunter I do in fact need to run between mobs. If I'm out of ammo I can't keep shooting. On top of that my skill value is roughly 10% of a miners iirc.

Would be Nice Yes,.but then what about drilling?

As a hunter I do in fact need to run between mobs. If I'm out of ammo I can't keep shooting. On top of that my skill value is roughly 10% of a miners iirc.

I will use your logic (from forced space thread), not all mobs need to be run towards, there are options when it is not needed, ie on (land) areas with dense spawn (merp, atrox, CP, etc), high HP mobs (just start tanking any with fapper), revive an old profession the runner, switch to melee and use repair tool.

Regarding the 10% skill value, you should check auction, might even venture that some hunting skills are actually more worth (depending on how skilled you are).

On topic, not a miner myself but I do agree with you, compared to hunting it seems flawed.

I will use your logic (from forced space thread), not all mobs need to be run towards, there are options when it is not needed, ie on (land) areas with dense spawn (merp, atrox, CP, etc), high HP mobs (just start tanking any with fapper), revive an old profession the runner, switch to melee and use repair tool.

Regarding the 10% skill value, you should check auction, might even venture that some hunting skills are actually more worth (depending on how skilled you are).

On topic, not a miner myself but I do agree with you, compared to hunting it seems flawed.

Yes I could if I'd want to. And a miner can mine indoors.

Regarding skill prices I was a bit off, but most common hunting skills (lwt/bwt/ana/mms) all sit around 1000% while prospecting/surveying sells at roughly 1400%. However, not a good comparison as a hunter gains a lot more different skills than a miner. So I'm ready to say I'm wrong on that one.

Edit: However, there is no reason to fix something that isn't broken. Don't you agree? On top of that the only "fair" approach would be to have it based on TT spent in any profession as that directly correlates with skill gains.

No - the main goal of buffs is to keep you playing right now. Otherwise we can ask why not per shot buffs in hunting etc. Buffs are bonus and no reason to give out even more skills. In mining you can spend much more peds per minute than in hunting and you gain more skills and every buff is already better. Just keep probing or drilling when buff occurs

People seem to compare oranges to apples in this thread..... I´m out.

Back