smaler shops outside malls

G.Threepwood

Mature
Mister Guybrush Threepwood
I see a lot of shops being empty in apartment buildings that are located further away from the tp.
I therefor wonder what shops located at places like that cost?
2-3k?

Last edited:
depends on the seller... and the price buyer is willing to pay. Estate prices vary greatly, just like irl. Unfortunately, auction history is completely useless when it comes to estates.

Now the average price for the Shop is about 50-100 ped for one item point, if Shop is not in Twin Peaks ;)
If the Shop is located in Mall, price may be higher. But I would not pay even 50 ped/IP for places like Omegaton West Habitat or Sakura. I paid 48 PED/item point for Emerals Lakes Mall, 56 PED/item point for Deer Mall in Oxford.
Perhaps I would have paid about 80-100 PED/item point in port Atlantis, but since there are fewer newcomers, this investment has become more uncertain, and must be close to price of the Shop in Deer Mall. I had a small shop in Port Atlantis with 105(!) item points (upgraded), which I sold for 12k, even when the newbies was there. Now I do not think that PA Shop worth as much as before. Fair price for Twin Peaks may be about 120-150 PED/item point, IMO.

Prices, based on recently sales:

Price for Shop on FOMA - 20-30 PED/Item point
On Monria - 30 PED/Item Point
On ROCK - 20-30PED/Item Point
On Arkadia - 100-120 PED/Item Point (not in CQ :laugh:)
On Next Island - 25 PED/Item Point (I have one broken Shop there for sale :cool:), price now is very low there, until NI will been repaired.

Planet Calypso, based on recently sales:
OWH - about 60-70 PED/Item point (too expensive, I think, fair - 40)
Genesis Amethera HQ - about 60-70 PED/Item Point (too expensive, I think, fair - 40)
TI - about 70-90 PED/Item Point (too expensive, I think, fair - 40-50)
ELM - about 50-70 PED/Item Point (close to fair, and best choice for Shop on Calypso, except TP!)
DM - 60-70 PED/Item Point (close to fair)
PA - about 100-120 PED/Item Point (too expensive, I think, fair - 60-80)
TP - about 180 PED/Item Point (too expensive, I think, fair 120-150)

In addition, it is very important what you intend to sell. If a ton of shit, Twin Peaks or other mall will also not help. If the rare and useful things, you can own shop anywhere, and players will still come and buy your goods.

Last edited:
I see a lot of shops being empty in apartment buildings that are located further away from the tp.
I therefor wonder what shops located at places like that cost?
2-3k?

Apartment building shops as you name them start from 3,5k and go upto 6k. (all depending on size and exact location, if it is on way between tp to auction house then better than hidden behind building etc)

For 2-3k you might find one at Foma.

For 2-3k you might find one at Foma.

Asteroid problem is - there nobody goes shopping. Almost no one :)
This fact is checked, and now my Shop there is closed until better times. I would probably would have sold it, but do not make much sense, maybe something will change ... Shops on FOMA will the most suffer from the introduction of transport fees on AH.

I would have paid about 80-100 PED/item point in port Atlantis, but since there are fewer newcomers, this investment has become more uncertain, and must be close to price of the Shop in Deer Mall. I had a small shop in Port Atlantis with 105(!) item points (upgraded), which I sold for 12k, even when the newbies was there. Now I do not think that PA Shop worth as much as before. Fair price for Twin Peaks may be about 120-150 PED/item point, IMO.

I don't own a shop in either place, but I'd expect a PA mall shop to be more valuable than a Twin Peaks mall shop. The reason for this is the Twin peaks mall is a little out of the way, nothing takes you there unless you're specifically going shopping, but everyone lands on the PA mall when entering the planet from space. Do you actually get more foot traffic through Twin peaks mall?

Neil, if I believe that you are right, why my FAP's and Terramasters in ELM always sold much better than in my old PA Shop (Yes, in PA was only FAP's, but anyway...)? I also gave advertising, but no one went to the PA. Unfortunately, I can nothing to say about Twin Peaks, a crazy price for a item point there is absolutely not affordable and unacceptable.

Asteroid problem is - there nobody goes shopping. Almost no one :)
This fact is checked, and now my Shop there is closed until better times. I would probably would have sold it, but do not make much sense, maybe something will change ... Shops on FOMA will the most suffer from the introduction of transport fees on AH.

shame that , im sure I used to buy welding wire at a good price in one of the FOMA shops , was a while ago though.

Alright, thanks!

What do you consider being the absolute most important thing when it comes to shops, is it:
1. The price (Have good prices around MU)
2. The location (Many people don't want to waste time running from the tp to shops)
3. The inventory (Useful items)

I consider 1 and 3 both important, i can run to a shop that is further away if it is worth the time spent.

Do you agree?

Alright, thanks!

What do you consider being the absolute most important thing when it comes to shops, is it:
1. The price (Have good prices around MU)
2. The location (Many people don't want to waste time running from the tp to shops)
3. The inventory (Useful items)

I consider 1 and 3 both important, i can run to a shop that is further away if it is worth the time spent.

Do you agree?

I agree, the most importan is price, second is inventory and third is location. But all very essential. Also restocking needs to be done correctly otherwise i wont visit it too often.

I agree, the most importan is price, second is inventory and third is location. But all very essential. Also restocking needs to be done correctly otherwise i wont visit it too often.

Yep, restocking and changing prices regularly to match market are extremely important. Cannot tell you how many shops leave markup the same for months... Sometimes that helps buyers find cheaper stuff than auction, but usually it is the other way around so stuff sits on the shelf in shops, with old high my, sometimes for years... Go to all shops at location you are thinking about and record all item screens on video. Do the same in a week, a month and three months... Be amazed at what still sits there and how much good stuff with low my still has not sold...

Be aware of taxman and shopkeeper decay costs as some of that makes auction easier to sell on...

Back