Help: Event Mobs Stuck inside trees

Fort

Old Alpha
Society
Jurai Blood
Fort Tress
Yes I know mobs get stuck inside trees so that they cannot be targeted.

But

The Drone Exterminator spawn only has 2 spawn at a time and both are now stuck inside trees.

Please respawn the Exterminators!

All botz must die!

Move close enough to aggro them, then run far enough away that they can't hit you. They'll go unreachable. Stay there a few minutes and they'll disappear and respawn in another spot.

Not sure what range the Drone Exterminators have but as long as it's not the whole radar this should work. It's a pain in the arse to do obviously but it's the only workaround we have until MA get round to finding a way to stop the mobs spawning inside objects (which they should have done years ago, it should be easy to do).

Move close enough to aggro them, then run far enough away that they can't hit you. They'll go unreachable. Stay there a few minutes and they'll disappear and respawn in another spot.

Not sure what range the Drone Exterminators have but as long as it's not the whole radar this should work. It's a pain in the arse to do obviously but it's the only workaround we have until MA get round to finding a way to stop the mobs spawning inside objects (which they should have done years ago, it should be easy to do).

Thank you Oleg,

I have been able to get one to hit me but they never respawn, I hunted the other one for hours while the stuck one was on screen. I can't target them so I don't know if they go unreachable or not.

Maybe a decoy helps after a minute

ive made the second go unreachable but it just stays there. For some reason it doesn't despawn and make a new one outside the tree. they really need to make an actual spawn of these. would be nice.

Thank you Oleg,

I have been able to get one to hit me but they never respawn, I hunted the other one for hours while the stuck one was on screen. I can't target them so I don't know if they go unreachable or not.

If they're trying to get to you but are not able to attack you, they'll be unreachable. If you break aggro, for example by moving far enough away that they go off your radar, dying, or getting in a flying vehicle, it'll reset it so it's important that you don't do that. If you go close enough that they can hit you, despite being trapped, it'll reset it. By reset I mean that they won't despawn, though they may stay unreachable if it's not due to them hitting you.

As long as you can avoid any of those things, they'll stay in an unreachable state and will eventually despawn and appear somewhere else. I don't know how long it takes, I guess 5-10 minutes, but never timed it. When they reappear they'll probably be marked unreachable still, but will revert to normal when they hit you again, as long as they haven't respawned into another trapped location.

I first identified this behaviour when I was working on the Armax mission southeast of Fort Victoria, it happens a lot there. With no range on their attack it's easy to get those into the right state. The long range on the Exterminators will make it more difficult (perhaps even impossible).

If the system can identify when a mob that's trying to hit you is trapped, surely it should be able to identify when a mob that isn't trying to hit you is trapped, so there's no reason for this to happen, it's just shoddy programming and lack of attention to detail as usual.

Normally they Exterminators have a very long range but the tree ones don't.

I have stood with it on radar trying to hit me for 30+- minutes.

I would rather not stand right next to tree and let it hit me for 10+ min to try and respawn it. MA can reset them or I will move on.

Thank you for the suggestions :)

Maybe it works differently for mobs with ranged attacks then, perhaps something to do with them having an obstacle they can't fire through. What I've described has always worked for me for non-ranged mobs.

Last week I noticed a number of Steel Birds stuck in trees at Fort Medusa so they might have a similar problem.

Maybe it works differently for mobs with ranged attacks then, perhaps something to do with them having an obstacle they can't fire through. What I've described has always worked for me for non-ranged mobs.

Last week I noticed a number of Steel Birds stuck in trees at Fort Medusa so they might have a similar problem.

I can't even see it to get a target on it. Looks like LB was able to if he knew it went unreachable.

I was able to splash one with a rocket but it didn't help.

The obstacle makes it range about 5 m

Dev's!

Please see this and remove the cowardly Exterminator drones from their tree hiding places!

:sniper:

Dev's!

Please see this and remove the cowardly Exterminator drones from their tree hiding places!

:sniper:

pretty please :)

But

The Drone Exterminator spawn only has 2 spawn at a time and both are now stuck inside trees.

All botz must die!

But

All botz must die!

I Like Big Bots and I cannot Lie!

Hey Mate :)

There was a downtime for 1 hour+ today. Maybe they fixed your spawn :)

Back