Mindark Official Prophet at Twins (Amps and CLD's questions)

shoti

Deactivated Account
Today morning Mindark Official Prophet was in twins for Q&A session. Asked him about few things I was interested and thought I share here. Comunication was on global chat. I am quoting from log direct answers on few interesting questions:

What next with mele amps for NI bades?

09:47:49 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] Prohet....will be able finally use mele amps on next island swords ?????

09:48:27 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Regarding those melee amps
2014-11-25 09:48:30 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] I dont thinks so
2014-11-25 09:48:32 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] To be honest
2014-11-25 09:52:47 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Well the problems with the unbalanced swords right now is that Next Island did not adjust them
2014-11-25 09:54:33 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] 100% that there will not be amps for them

...well 100% is 100%...pity :(, at least we know when MA is certain 100 % about smth. Straight and simple.

and now CLD's

09:55:12 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] ok last question i have :p
09:55:24 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] Is MA buying CLD's out of market back ????

09:56:08 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] As far as i am aware, they are not ;)

09:56:35 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] So u can't say 100 % ?
09:56:47 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] so it is possible , just u don;t know about that ?
09:57:02 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] I just want be sure i understand you well
09:57:32 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] i understood that you not being aware mean it could hapening indeed
09:58:02 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] official MA admit or Decline would be nice

09:59:25 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] It might as well be that someone is buying CLDs again, but i am not aware of anyone at this company doing so just to manipulate the price

10:00:22 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET can you ask someone responsible in office and give here pure clear answer about that CLD's ????
10:00:53 [Local] simple yes or no..withiut PR BS like "i am not aware"or smt ?

10:01:06 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Well in my opinion that question is better directed at someone at Planet Calypso, We at MindArk dont earn more money because of CLD

10:01:12 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] wchich basicaly can mean both options and is not answer
10:01:54 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] ok but PC is subsidiary of MA
10:02:01 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] u are deceiding anyway
10:03:35 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET...i asked PC about it and they redirected to MA as parentcompany
10:04:27 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] anyway i am don;t know to want if PC is buying CLD's just if MA is doing that ??
10:04:43 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET can you ask someone responsible in office and give here pure clear answer about that CLD's ????
10:05:18 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Shogo, No i cannot, I am sorry

10:06:07 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] In other words it is possible MA is buying CLD's back from market as you cannot deny that officialy ?

10:07:11 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] IF you think about it Shogomad it is ilogical for Ma to do that

...I think we can call taht PR grinding and whipping. Is there something more you can do to not say simple Yes or No ? afetr 15 mins i lost patience to press poor Prophet more, but answer is not clear imho

And I lost 5 minutes of my life reading that you asked same question for 15 minutes :laugh: I want them back.
I hope someone else asked better questions :laugh:

Geesh so an official comes online to ask question, and you waste it all by your tinfoil hat theories about CLD.....

Thanks for posting the info on NI weapons though :)

Why cant they make a friggin announcement on CL so people would be aware of such an event. Geeez.....

Today morning Mindark Official Prophet was in twins for Q&A session. Asked him about few things I was interested and thought I share here. Comunication was on global chat. I am quoting from log direct answers on few interesting questions:

What next with mele amps for NI bades?

09:47:49 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] Prohet....will be able finally use mele amps on next island swords ?????

09:48:27 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Regarding those melee amps
2014-11-25 09:48:30 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] I dont thinks so
2014-11-25 09:48:32 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] To be honest
2014-11-25 09:52:47 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Well the problems with the unbalanced swords right now is that Next Island did not adjust them
2014-11-25 09:54:33 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] 100% that there will not be amps for them

...well 100% is 100%...pity :(, at least we know when MA is certain 100 % about smth. Straight and simple.

and now CLD's

09:55:12 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] ok last question i have :p
09:55:24 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] Is MA buying CLD's out of market back ????

09:56:08 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] As far as i am aware, they are not ;)

09:56:35 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] So u can't say 100 % ?
09:56:47 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] so it is possible , just u don;t know about that ?
09:57:02 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] I just want be sure i understand you well
09:57:32 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] i understood that you not being aware mean it could hapening indeed
09:58:02 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] official MA admit or Decline would be nice

09:59:25 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] It might as well be that someone is buying CLDs again, but i am not aware of anyone at this company doing so just to manipulate the price

10:00:22 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET can you ask someone responsible in office and give here pure clear answer about that CLD's ????
10:00:53 [Local] simple yes or no..withiut PR BS like "i am not aware"or smt ?

10:01:06 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Well in my opinion that question is better directed at someone at Planet Calypso, We at MindArk dont earn more money because of CLD

10:01:12 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] wchich basicaly can mean both options and is not answer
10:01:54 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] ok but PC is subsidiary of MA
10:02:01 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] u are deceiding anyway
10:03:35 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET...i asked PC about it and they redirected to MA as parentcompany
10:04:27 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] anyway i am don;t know to want if PC is buying CLD's just if MA is doing that ??
10:04:43 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] PROPHET can you ask someone responsible in office and give here pure clear answer about that CLD's ????
10:05:18 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] Shogo, No i cannot, I am sorry

10:06:07 [Local] [Shogomad Shoti 1st] In other words it is possible MA is buying CLD's back from market as you cannot deny that officialy ?

10:07:11 [Local] [Mindark Official Prophet] IF you think about it Shogomad it is ilogical for Ma to do that

...I think we can call taht PR grinding and whipping. Is there something more you can do to not say simple Yes or No ? afetr 15 mins i lost patience to press poor Prophet more, but answer is not clear imho

It was clear he wasnt going to give straight answer, why waste the time asking it again, if you could have something he actually might have answered.

About MA buying back CLDs, you know you can see who bought your CLDs, i doubt it would go unnoticed if MA started buying them back. Mostly CLDs are bought by few of so called Uber players, dunno why but i have myself sold over 60 this month to one guy, who hasnt listed any back at auction, so probably has kept them himself.

I expected simple YES or NO..not my fault
official answered : As far as i am aware, they are not ;)

For me it looks like No or in worst case that he doesnt know. Why keep asking the same question again and again?

It was clear he wasnt going to give straight answer, why waste the time asking it again, if you could have something he actually might have answered.

About MA buying back CLDs, you know you can see who bought your CLDs, i doubt it would go unnoticed if MA started buying them back. Mostly CLDs are bought by few of so called Uber players, dunno why but i have myself sold over 60 this month to one guy, who hasnt listed any back at auction, so probably has kept them himself.

official answered : As far as i am aware, they are not ;)

For me it looks like No or in worst case that he doesnt know. Why keep asking the same question again and again?

I sold mine 100 CLD's to one person too. And that feature u talking about is not so long here. Anyway making few accounts for such trade is few clicks for MA. Rise in CLD's price without corelating rise in incomes out of them is more than strange. It can;t be also explained just by simple price fluctuation due to summer usual fluctuation. Rise in CLD price is rather effect of lower market aviabiality of them which is fact if you just look at how many is going through auction lately.

official answered : As far as i am aware, they are not

...course of this uncertainity. Other questions he was answering with full surness, or at least leaving no doubt's of meaning. Just asked again as all answers in this matter was "as i am aware", "maybe", " i suggest" " in my opinion"

So is his opinion MA one ? Doesn't sound like that. I know my english is rather poor, but usualy i understand solid statement and can tell the difference from uncertainity.

Last edited:
Signed,

Has he gone now? I have 100 questions to ask....

There was lot of ppl asking there, and he was just one to provide answer, hence thats why u need sometimes wait few mins for answer ( i bet he had to do lot of scrolling ). I steped upon that situation as accidentially as any other there.

No CLD questions from me. CLD is a free market, whoever wants to buy them at market price can.
They are good investments IMO, even at their current price. I'll be holding onto mine for a long time.

I think its good that they do these sorts of Questions and answer sessions. I would be good if they could have one monthly and allow for questions to be submitted in advance, so they can cover as much as possible.

No CLD questions from me. CLD is a free market, whoever wants to buy them at market price can.
They are good investments IMO, even at their current price. I'll be holding onto mine for a long time.

even MA ? If yes tell me if you think also that they deposited to buy some ;) ?

That's whole point. If MA is doing that they are just inflating big bubble. It similar to what is going on now in USA. Fed is printing $ and S&P500 reaches its historical high's. All are happy and think everything is ok.

It will only stay as a rumour. It was also said that the first estate or something that was sold in EU (Currently PE) was bought by a MA employe to "boost interest" to the game.

That's whole point. If MA is doing that they are just inflating big bubble. It similar to what is going on now in USA. Fed is printing $ and S&P500 reaches its historical high's. All are happy and think everything is ok.

By buying one they have a financial obligation towards the player.

:D its not important did they deposit, important is that seller can withdraw, thats where MA has to pay out.
About MA crearting few avatars to buy these deeds, i am sure those newly created unknown avatars would be discovered rather easiliy. For example Maxim Overdrive could have been MA avatar, but it was selling deeds and not buying in the end.

Even if MA was buying up CLDs who would lose? Players? How? I see that Players get 1,4k peds for 1k ped investment.
I think MA SHOULD buy all the CLDs back just to keep the peds from flowing out.

I think its good that they do these sorts of Questions and answer sessions. I would be good if they could have one monthly and allow for questions to be submitted in advance, so they can cover as much as possible.

Unfortunately what a good investment is for you is probably unsustainable for Mindark in the long run. I wouldn´t be surprised if CLDs will loose payouts if holder plans to acquire land plots, ie 9 CLDs converted to land plot deed without payouts and option to build (for fee).

By buying one they have a financial obligation towards the player.

Only financial obligation Mindark has is to deposits deposited no longer than 3 months ago (might be 6 months can not remember).

Only financial obligation Mindark has is to deposits deposited no longer than 3 months ago (might be 6 months can not remember).

If all goes bust (some major incidence). MA has financial obligation to EVERY ped holder ingame, otherwise they wouldnt pay out withdrawals at all.
You want to see problem where there is none.

The thing you just quoted:
MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT

Same Document has text saying :
5.3. Terminated Account

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

So before quoting EULA, you should make yourself familiar with it.

Last edited:
It will only stay as a rumour. It was also said that the first estate or something that was sold in EU (Currently PE) was bought by a MA employe to "boost interest" to the game.

Ok. Here is my idea what laying behind :

1. MA deal with SEE failed, they urgently need 6 M $
2. They released CLD's and gathered money thay needed
3. After 2 years they realised that giving away 50% of income is not as good as they tought at begining. They deceided to remove large chunk of that liablity.
4. They liquidated 1st chunk with buying back from Maxime Overdrive Hammer ( guy who bought 25K of them )
5. As buying big amount cannot pass unseen they started buying small stack or even piece by piece by "printed" peds. They have all tools needed to check even a bit habbits of person they are buying. In most cases amount like 1200-1500 will not be withdrawn. Even if it's again printed/inflated peds - no big risk for them.
6. As results there will be only small % of initial CLD's left floating market. And most of that remainings will be in hands of few big holders.
7. Dilutting that proces and streching it over time help keep it unnoticed
8. Result "1"of such action's will be low aviablity of CLD's on market, resulting in price increase of them - at this point they have to slow down ,observe and adapt. We see that already as CLD's price rise is not backet by adequate increse in payouts.
9. Result "2" will be inflating prices on literaly everything inside EU for a degree at wchich PED's from MA CLD's buyback leave the game (not significant if ma did their job properly, but always something)
10. All mentioned in point 9 ,executed under bad market sentiment conditions will make false look of economical recovery as under "fundamental" circumstances prices are inflated anyway.

3. After 2 years they realised that giving away 50% of income is not as good as they tought at begining. They deceided to remove large chunk of that liablity.
4. They liquidated 1st chunk with buying back from Maxime Overdrive Hammer ( guy who bought 25K of them )
5. As buying big amount cannot pass unseen they started buying small stack or even piece by piece by "printed" peds. They have all tools needed to check even a bit habbits of person they are buying. In most cases amount like 1200-1500 will not be withdrawn. Even if it's again printed/inflated peds - no big risk for them.
6. As results there will be only small % of initial CLD's left floating market. And most of that remainings will be in hands of few big holders.
8. Result "1"of such action's will be low aviablity of CLD's on market, resulting in price increase of them - at this point they have to slow down ,observe and adapt. We see that already as CLD's price rise is not backet by adequate increse in payouts.
9. Result "2" will be inflating prices on literaly everything inside EU for a degree at wchich PED's from MA CLD's buyback leave the game (not significant if ma did their job properly, but always something)
10. All mentioned in point 9 ,executed under bad market sentiment conditions will make false look of economical recovery as under "fundamental" circumstances prices are inflated anyway.

http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=1664&d=1374487660

Well maybe it is...but have you any decent argument other than funny pic ? I can simply be wrong, but so far all that adds to biger picture.

There is strong theme for MA to do that. Most observable on market changes are corelated. It would be briliant bussines operation for MA if proced like in my 10 points conspiracy theory.

Also we have precedence with taking CLD's out of market by MA...already ca 20% - 30% may be gone. It is more than clearly visible taht MA has pressure towards it. For every company who credited itself this way it is normal.

If all goes bust (some major incidence). MA has financial obligation to EVERY ped holder ingame, otherwise they wouldnt pay out withdrawals at all.
You want to see problem where there is none.

The thing you just quoted:
MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT

Same Document has text saying :
5.3. Terminated Account

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

So before quoting EULA, you should make yourself familiar with it.

If you deposited 100k ped when CLDs were introduced (roughly 2 years ago) and bought 100 pieces and Mindark goes bust or whatever reason (see below) they have no liability/obligation to pay that back.

If terminated you get a whopping 0,001 pec per CLD. I´m guessing their tt value is like fruits.

And to quote the whole passage:

You acknowledge that MindArk will not be liable for any damages or loss caused by failure to perform any term or condition of this Agreement due to conditions beyond MindArk’s reasonable control such as, but not limited to, war, terror attack, strikes, fires, floods, acts of God, governmental or authority restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or servers.

MindArk reserves the right to interrupt the services available via Entropia Universe and/or the operation of the Entropia Universe System with or without prior notice for any reason. You agree that MindArk will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by interruption of the Entropia Universe, delay or failure to perform.

MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.

Love the " acts of God" and middle part is also very beneficial to players......

They do pay their lawyers very well, pretty fool proof.

Love the " acts of God" and middle part is also very beneficial to players......

They do pay their lawyers very well, pretty fool proof.

Force majeure or if too difficult then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_God

If you ever buy something with loan in real life, you better stay away from reading loan contracts... there are some nasty points in them.

I think MA SHOULD buy all the CLDs back just to keep the peds from flowing out.

Most of you forget about the CLD langrab option which is suposed to be something that will make big pile of money for MA.
Why on earth they are going to buy back CLD to miss that. And why release CLD for 6 millions to buy them back for 8,5 millions. Is this negativ-scam or something.

Most of you forget about the CLD langrab option which is suposed to be something that will make big pile of money for MA.
Why on earth they are going to buy back CLD to miss that. And why release CLD for 6 millions to buy them back for 8,5 millions. Is this negativ-scam or something.

Short term loan (they needed fast 6mil, but now want to pay it back, otherwise they have to pay interests (weekly payouts) forever.
but yeah anyways my point was that OP is wearing tinfoil hat and seeing ghosts everywhere.

Really? When ? Taming was lot simplier and we waited 5 years !

Most urgent for MA is to diminish impact of CLD payouts, even at cost of future potential lesser incomes from buildings on plots.

Just out of curiosity, what would be the problem if they did buy back CLDs and get that income back? And would they even be able to convert peds to real money?

Other than that, it sounds like you'll only accept answers that fit with your theory.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what would be the problem if they did buy back CLDs and get that income back? And would they even be able to convert peds to real money?

Other than that, it sounds like you'll only accept answers that fit with your theory.

Problem is that they can created PED's out of thin air. Maybe that's even their 1st time (so far was ped's for pixels which was ok in such bussines modell).

Remeber that it is easy to deposit here and hard to withdraw. I am sure that majority if single CLD's holders will no bother with withdrawing that 1200 -1500 ped out of game and wait 3 months to get them as their RL currency. It will be rather consumed on ingame activity

MA achived their goal. They draged money into game. Even if 1/2 will be withdrawed back it is still huge sucess for them and their business model. Bud as i mentioned in my 10 points, with little effort you can ensure that 80%+ will be keeped ingame.

Problem is that they can created PED's out of thin air.

Even if they do it, you can't expect their official to admit it :)
I can't believe that you just allow for such a possibility AND still trust them a pec - if I had a grain of doubt, I'd withdraw immediately (unless I wasn't afraid to lose my ingame money, but then I wouldn't care much for MA's shenanigans either).

Back