Disturbing trend in hunting

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been hunting Kerrbies around Boreas the last couple of weeks doing some tiering up on a weapon I purchased and a piece of armor I looted and having a lot of fun doing it. However, I have noticed a couple of players lately that seem to think its alright to tag the big mobs in the area leaving none for anyone else. An example was yesterday. I was hunting and there were several mobs around and I had just killed one and turned to shoot an alpha when another hunter killing a dominant tagged the alpha right in front of me. There were several mobs around but they were olds and smaller. I know why he did because he figured it would be better loot than the smaller mobs. I think this is very dis-courteous and I don't think this type of behavior should happen. To me its just plain rude, period. When I hunt and see another hunter with a few mobs around I go to another area. If there are plenty around I will hunt but I will not shoot a mob while killing another that is right in front of another player.

I think that is about, that ppl think when they get a perception skill, that a big loot is around. so they just shoot all mobs around, also some in front of other ppl.

But that perception is more a trap and means noting in most cases.

Kinda makes you wish all areas on every server were pvp doesn't it. :)

I have been hunting Kerrbies around Boreas the last couple of weeks doing some tiering up on a weapon I purchased and a piece of armor I looted and having a lot of fun doing it. However, I have noticed a couple of players lately that seem to think its alright to tag the big mobs in the area leaving none for anyone else. An example was yesterday. I was hunting and there were several mobs around and I had just killed one and turned to shoot an alpha when another hunter killing a dominant tagged the alpha right in front of me. There were several mobs around but they were olds and smaller. I know why he did because he figured it would be better loot than the smaller mobs. I think this is very dis-courteous and I don't think this type of behavior should happen. To me its just plain rude, period. When I hunt and see another hunter with a few mobs around I go to another area. If there are plenty around I will hunt but I will not shoot a mob while killing another that is right in front of another player.

It was a very douche-worthy move but I think it is all generated from the Kerberos mission being a kill point mission and the higher the maturity the more points. Most people don't know where the spawn of alpha to stalker (Stalkers are a bit tough to handle without a bit more protection and evade) are so they just grind and steal all the higher level ones around Boreas. Would be nice to find a decent spawn of guardian to OA just for grinding the mission easier.

I think that is about, that ppl think when they get a perception skill, that a big loot is around. so they just shoot all mobs around, also some in front of other ppl.
I find that ever since there's missions on this mob, folks are scrambling for their numbers. And when it gets crowded, some will resort to recklessness or dirty methods. Some may hope you are dumb enough to shoot a mob they've tagged so they can collect. It has actually happened to me 2 or 3 times, because I like to use autotarget and in the heat can miss that bit until it's too late. I'm also of the type believing in fair play that likes to move out of the way then, but at times it gets so crowded around Boreas that no matter where you evade, they always come after you and either you give up or join the game grab what you can. Well I finished the 3k mission and lost interest for the time being, since I'm well on the way to bigger fish. No skin off my nose with small fry like kerberos, but if I happened to lose a big mob that way I've pumped several ped into I'd certainly be pissed, too.

Maybe keep an eye on bigger mobs close to him and return the favor a while...

Maybe keep an eye on bigger mobs close to him and return the favor a while...
And then the other guy will run to PCF with screens and videos and a bag of drama, and now it's you're the villain (providing you haven't created a thread first :D).

I don't want to get into perception debate, but it just works, if you learn how it just helps a little. Trust it or not.

And yes, while on a perception lead, you just do what it takes to get it.. Why I would leave that mob for you :)

It's a wilderness out there, survive or get lost ;)

There's not rend, it's always been like this. Always.

If you hadn't already tagged it, he had every right to.

If you hadn't already tagged it, he had every right to.
ofc he does as we all do, however I don't think I would want to be that kind of an A$$ about it, oh yes and don't forget to add that if someone puts a mod merc on the AU at +10K instead of +100K he has every right to buy it and keep it rather than telling the person about the mistake like I am sure most, including myself would.

I find that ever since there's missions on this mob, folks are scrambling for their numbers. And when it gets crowded, some will resort to recklessness or dirty methods. Some may hope you are dumb enough to shoot a mob they've tagged so they can collect. It has actually happened to me 2 or 3 times, because I like to use autotarget and in the heat can miss that bit until it's too late. I'm also of the type believing in fair play that likes to move out of the way then, but at times it gets so crowded around Boreas that no matter where you evade, they always come after you and either you give up or join the game grab what you can. Well I finished the 3k mission and lost interest for the time being, since I'm well on the way to bigger fish. No skin off my nose with small fry like kerberos, but if I happened to lose a big mob that way I've pumped several ped into I'd certainly be pissed, too.

I would agree except, he never shot another mob in the group of around 8 or 10 he ran off. You may think he felt bad but saw him later doing the same thing and this was not the first time.

So let's think for a moment.. what does his action caused? Only thing that he caused is that it was not you who killed the mob, so.. are you jealous? :D

So let's think for a moment.. what does his action caused? Only thing that he caused is that it was not you who killed the mob, so.. are you jealous? :D

He had 5 perception and 4 serendipity gains on the last mob.

Unless it was shot in, it is up for grabs by any1.

Just like players sit on the sidelines at wave spawns waiting for the boss, some players will wait in the shadows till you spend a good amount of peds in an area, and fly next to you.... right next to you, and try to "steal" any good loots you may have built in the area. Not saying that will help your hunt, but there is no reason for someone to crowd you like that when there are plenty of mobs out there.

With the forum rules you cannot name a scammer or player behaving badly.... however you can name professionals, so if need be take a vid, and play it here, but be careful what you title it. Say something like check out this hunter. Leave it short and sweet, with no bad comments, and it will be forced to stay here. If need be I can cite the threads where the Mods gave precedence to this behavior. As long as it is a profession, not an insult, its ok.

And then the other guy will run to PCF with screens and videos and a bag of drama, and now it's you're the villain (providing you haven't created a thread first :D).

You'll be the villain anyway, as he will say you made the thread first to cover your ass, and then he will gather all his soc buddies and various sycophants to back him up.

just buy a bigger gun and do 50% damage to the mobs they tag that you wanted before they do. :laugh:

I don't want to get into perception debate, but it just works, if you learn how it just helps a little. Trust it or not.

And yes, while on a perception lead, you just do what it takes to get it.. Why I would leave that mob for you :)

It's a wilderness out there, survive or get lost ;)

A reply like this tells me that what people once concidered "Honor" and "Politteness" is now an old-fashionned thing and something of the past.
So in response to that I'd say "Very well. How about I do the same? And when they go whining in PCF ? So what ?
People who know you will know the truth. That is all that counts."

If there's a green dot on the radar, you're in a wrong area. :wise:

I guess you miss the point altogether. What I did not mention is I got a small global on the young and he got nothing, kind of justice:).

Just like players sit on the sidelines at wave spawns waiting for the boss, some players will wait in the shadows till you spend a good amount of peds in an area, and fly next to you.... right next to you, and try to "steal" any good loots you may have built in the area. Not saying that will help your hunt, but there is no reason for someone to crowd you like that when there are plenty of mobs out there.

With the forum rules you cannot name a scammer or player behaving badly.... however you can name professionals, so if need be take a vid, and play it here, but be careful what you title it. Say something like check out this hunter. Leave it short and sweet, with no bad comments, and it will be forced to stay here. If need be I can cite the threads where the Mods gave precedence to this behavior. As long as it is a profession, not an insult, its ok.

I would not name the player simply because those that hunt around the Boreas will know who I am talking about and really it would serve no purpose at all.

BTW I do have a much bigger gun 120 damage at 67/minute but why ? This too serves no purpose. I would like that type of behavior to stop. It will not change the way I play nor cause a vendetta nor bad mouthing someone. When I first started I met a lot of very helpful people that really did like to help new players. I am not sure if when I started playing and this happened to me and being new and defenseless against this type of play I may have decided not to play thinking the "Big Guns" get the best mobs and loot and so on and why should I waste my money for nothing.

Back