Pricecheck: NI LAs, shops and houses

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
I am looking to mainly buy a LA on Next Island but am also interested in all sorts of estates there. Anyone sitting with any info on recent trades?

NI estates and deeds should be avoided until such a time that someone steps up and improves NI.

NI estates and deeds should be avoided until such a time that someone steps up and improves NI.

That's the thing, I want them before NI gets improved. ;)

@Svarog Thank you for the link. I am however not looking to be able to run a LA as of today, but obtaining one so that once NI gets fixed, I'll have a LA without spending a fortune on it.

If you have nothing to do for two hours or so, the real shitstorm about NI LA deeds happened in this thread.

NI is a planet in default.... nothing is going to get released, nothing should be traded.
Nothing has value.
That being said, nobody would sell you anything for nothing.... even if it has no value... nice try

NI is a planet in default.... nothing is going to get released, nothing should be traded.
Nothing has value.
That being said, nobody would sell you anything for nothing.... even if it has no value... nice try

"Default" is the wrong word.

From what I understand of the situation is that NI's investor backed out, leaving the NI Devs in an impossible situation, which then caused them to lay off their staff and cease all future development. As a result of all of this, I believe that MindArk has stepped in and taken control of NI and currently consider it to be a "Calypso Outpost" and future development plans are still yet to be determined.

Personally I believe that MA should just do a massive interplanetary robot invasion event on all planets and also in space with the outcome of the event being that colonists lose the fight against the bots at Next Island. The result would be a robot home base planet where we could kill unique bots anytime and that also plays an integral role in future story line evolution for robot related events.

Perhaps in the future MA could auction NI off to participants as a land area that has Monria's format.

I think MA either should sell NI off to a new PP so it can be rebranded etc, or develop it themselves or press delete.

take it from me stay away. Don't trust anyone trying to sell ni LA.I am still waiting for ma to fix the screwing I got

Speculation is considered scamming by MA support and our loving community.

Really? I know market manipulation is, but so far have understood that only creating false markup data goes under this point. Any person can buy as much as one item as he likes, even when it means the price goes up. Happens all the time with certain ores and other stuff (.5b platings for example)

Buying Next Island Land Deed (NILD) tt+1.

Really? I know market manipulation is, but so far have understood that only creating false markup data goes under this point. Any person can buy as much as one item as he likes, even when it means the price goes up. Happens all the time with certain ores and other stuff (.5b platings for example)

I think he refers to the fact that he used to own NI LAs which he traded. The buyer got mad since they were bugged and started threads about Narfi being a scammer even though the sales thread clearly stated they were bugged. MA told the buyer the trade should be reversed.

---

OnT:
So... no info on trades? I am grateful for all your concerns and I do intend to investigate the matter further. However, I am right now mostly interested in said prices so I have something to start with.

Someone (i think it was gewitter?) was selling a NI shop/booth the other day on ark auction. Think it was 4k?

I think he refers to the fact that he used to own NI LAs which he traded. The buyer got mad since they were bugged and started threads about Narfi being a scammer even though the sales thread clearly stated they were bugged. MA told the buyer the trade should be reversed.

---

OnT:
So... no info on trades? I am grateful for all your concerns and I do intend to investigate the matter further. However, I am right now mostly interested in said prices so I have something to start with.

Ahh that case :D forgot it was him.
THe problem there wasnt speculation.
Problem was that one side told he gave out enough information about it being bugged and unusable, while the other party denied it.

I dont want to go into trades like this, but i have had rare occasions when seller or buyer comes back to me days later and wants refund (even one or two times when Limited bp was already half used). For me all trades are final (except some rare trade mistakes, that i have refunded gladly - but i am not forced to do that).
Anyways gl with aqcuiring some NI deed and hopefully it will make you some money, i wouldnt invesnt a single dime in it tbh, as it looks like planet parner has given up, and planet might be deleted in the future.

I thought Next Island was erm, 'Closed'.

As in everything has been shut off.

Maybe you could buy the planet ! :)

Someone (i think it was gewitter?) was selling a NI shop/booth the other day on ark auction. Think it was 4k?

Yes, but not 4k.
Was 7600, and based on my knowing atm, I cancel selling it now for this low value, because do a depo for upgrades, and not need fast money after that. There is 318 Item points, 300 is broken. But in near future, I think, after NI will be overhauled, Shop Price will be about 15-20k (as anywhere), or maybe I start my own business there. I don't know only one: date of overhaul of NI, maybe next VU, maybe in 3 years. But I don't have plans to leave, so I can wait.
So if someone will buy my Shop today, you can offer me price above 12k... and maybe I can consider your offer :cool:

Yes, but not 4k.
Was 7600, and based on my knowing atm, I cancel selling it now for this low value, because do a depo for upgrades, and not need fast money after that. There is 318 Item points, 300 is broken. But in near future, I think, after NI will be overhauled, Shop Price will be about 15-20k (as anywhere), or maybe I start my own business there. I don't know only one: date of overhaul of NI, maybe next VU, maybe in 3 years. But I don't have plans to leave, so I can wait.
So if someone will buy my Shop today, you can offer me price above 12k... and maybe I can consider your offer :cool:

As this is still pricecheck thread i´d say 15-20k on any planet is waste of peds (unless next to most popular tp). About NI shops atm with planet future unknown i wouldnt bet for them being worth even 6k peds.. let alone 12k.

As this is still pricecheck thread i´d say 15-20k on any planet is waste of peds (unless next to most popular tp). About NI shops atm with planet future unknown i wouldnt bet for them being worth even 6k peds.. let alone 12k.

I'm doing a turnover (not profit!) in my Shop on Ark in 5-20k/month, and do not think that Shops is a waste of money. Shop makes a profit, sometimes even more than the some abandoned/empty LA's on Caly, with less investment. I've been selling this Shop for how much I bought it, because I needed money.
On the contrary, I would invest money in the Shop on Rock, because I think the Shops is one of the best and most profitable investments in this game, unless of course you are willing to work in it.
But this is my opinion, and I do not impose it to you, and my Shops work successfully, thanks to my supply management and advertising. I am grateful to all my customers and buyers for their choice, and try to be helpful to them, and...not without benefits for myself. I already wrote that if the Shop stock is a piles of shit, there no one will buy anything, even if it is in the center of the world. Therefore, the Shop is worth as much buyer is ready to pay for it, and depending on the they plans of who he/she pays. Given what I know (and conjecture), but do not intend to write here (let it will intrigue), I do not want to sell my shop on the Next Island for low price. And don't advise to do that to others NI shop owners. ;)

I'm doing a turnover (not profit!) in my Shop on Ark in 5-20k/month, and do not think that Shops is a waste of money. Shop makes a profit, sometimes even more than the some abandoned/empty LA's on Caly, with less investment. I've been selling this Shop for how much I bought it, because I needed money.
On the contrary, I would invest money in the Shop on Rock, because I think the Shops is one of the best and most profitable investments in this game, unless of course you are willing to work in it.
But this is my opinion, and I do not impose it to you, and my Shops work successfully, thanks to my supply management and advertising. I am grateful to all my customers and buyers for their choice, and try to be helpful to them, and...not without benefits for myself. I already wrote that if the Shop stock is a piles of shit, there no one will buy anything, even if it is in the center of the world. Therefore, the Shop is worth as much buyer is ready to pay for it, and depending on the they plans of who he/she pays. Given what I know (and conjecture), but do not intend to write here (let it will intrigue), I do not want to sell my shop on the Next Island for low price. And don't advise to do that to others NI shop owners. ;)

Turnover of 5-20k a month will leave you lets say about 500-2k peds profit a month (if 10% profit margin).
You can easiliy turn 12k peds into 12 500 - 14 000 with month without having a shop. So shop that has 5-20k turnover is not very good investment if you want to do serious business.
When i am active trading my turnover per month is about 80-100k a month (recently not that active, but still way over 20k). Time consumption wise they are about the same, restocking changing prices etc etc takes atleast as much time as trading p2p so really cant see why 12k on shop in Next Island that has almost no visitors at all (it is far from being comparable with arkadia shop, arkadia has much more visitors)

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to shed some light on the matter from my own point of view.

As of today, the estates on NI are worthless. Buying one would be for the sole purpose of speculation. Everything would really rely on whether or not NI will get a reboot. I believe it will, but it will probably take another five years after which it would take another few years to get it running properly. We can see this on Arkadia. Despite having an active PP and doing well it is not yet completed.

As of today MA has to focus a bit on Caly. When and if they will take over NI will most likely depend on how well the whole platform is doing. MA would need a development team that is devoted to NI to make it function properly. Said development team will cost money.

As with any investment in game I am looking for an annual ROI of roughly 20%. Considering NIs current state, the risks and possible future development makes me believe an even higher possible ROI would be necessary in order to motivate a purchase of estates. Also, one can not forget that even if the planet worked perfectly it would need a player base.

I do not share Gewitters optimistic view of the prices. I'm expecting something like 5-6k for a shop and 50-60k for a LA in five to seven years.

With that said, I would most likely consider buying estates at the following rates:
Houses at 200-300 PED
Shops 1000-2500 PED
LA at 5000-15000 PED

Bottom line: It is an expensive gamble.

Well since this is a pricecheck.

For the shop described i would say 2k peds right now, assuming no changes
If the shops gets fixes (318 item points), i would say 5k
If NextIsland & Shop gets fixed and gets the population of cyrene/RT i would say 12-15k
If Nextisland & Shop get fixed and new colonists and new shops get introduced to NI i would say 8k

whiteknut,

Yes, but in the Shop I have more opportunities (and placed items) to sell my goods, what have you, and without paying auction fees. In addition, considering my profit you forget about what here is a tax savings is in the Shop (less fees). Also, we were talking about only one Shop. And I have six of Shops (now two is closed (FOMA and NI), one new Shop on Caly awaiting for upgrade and will open in the middle of December). You are not physically able to do the same sales (as I in 4 Shops) using the auction, because some items almost impossible to sell at auction, try sell Terramaster 7 or Terramaster 8 there and see how many times it will return, and the tax will be paid by you. I'm not saying that the Shops must be very expensive, and many of them are really overpriced, as I wrote here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?267970-smaler-shops-outside-malls
But this does not mean that they should be undervalued. Yes, now you can try to buy Shop on the Next Island, and try to buy low. But already not mine. I'm not going to sell it cheap, because I see the potential of the planet, which is now completely empty. You had the opportunity to buy it cheap, when I needed money. But give it away for very low value like 4-6k...I'm not a fool.

PS About me and how I consider your prices and assumptions. I am ready right now to buy any Shop on NI for 2000-3000 PED, Booths for 1000 PED, send me offers please... I'll buy them immediately.

Last edited:
whiteknut,

Yes, but in the Shop I have more opportunities (and placed items) to sell my goods, what have you, and without paying auction fees. In addition, considering my profit you forget about what here is a tax savings is in the Shop (less fees). Also, we were talking about only one Shop. And I have six of Shops (now two is closed (FOMA and NI), one new Shop on Caly awaiting for upgrade and will open in the middle of December). You are not physically able to do the same sales (as I in 4 Shops) using the auction, because some items almost impossible to sell at auction, try sell Terramaster 7 or Terramaster 8 there and see how many times it will return, and the tax is paid by you. I'm not saying that the Shops must be very expensive, and many of them are really overpriced, as I wrote here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?267970-smaler-shops-outside-malls
But this does not mean that they should be undervalued. Yes, now you can try to buy Shop on the Next Island, and try to buy low. But already not mine. I'm not going to sell it cheap, because I see the potential of the planet, which is now completely empty. You had the opportunity to buy it cheap, when I needed money. But give it away for very low value like 4-6k...I'm not a fool.

PS About me and how I consider your prices and assumptions. I am ready right now to buy any Shop on NI for 2000-3000 PED, Booths for 1000 PED, send me offers please...

I agree with you as I also believe there is potential. What we don't seem to agree about is the risk versus reward ratios. You have already bought a shop for the future and I am looking to get one. That also affects our ideas about the values. On top of that, the shops are worth a lot more for you, a long term investor, than someone who bought a shop and now has PED locked in an unusable estate.

On top of that, the shops are worth a lot more for you, a long term investor, than someone who bought a shop and now has PED locked in an unusable estate.

Here, in this you are absolutely right, so I wish you good luck in the search! Atm you have the maximum opportunity to buy shop there, and to do it very cheap. If you find a shop, but you are not satisfied with the price - so please, direct seller to me ;)

This is weird, a shop doesn't make you peds. Like auction doesnt make you peds. Like an apartment doesnt make you peds.

The ONLY thing that makes you peds is selling something at a higher cost than you got it.

Turnover in a shop, doesnt make you peds.

Where does all this, owning a shop make you peds, come from?????

Rgds

Ace

This is weird, a shop doesn't make you peds. Like auction doesnt make you peds. Like an apartment doesnt make you peds.

The ONLY thing that makes you peds is selling something at a higher cost than you got it.

Turnover in a shop, doesnt make you peds.

Where does all this, owning a shop make you peds, come from?????

Rgds

Ace

Unfortunately, the question is offtopic, but you probably have no idea how works EU :laugh:
I do not want to offend you, but if you know what is fees, and imagine what potential will have their decrease as well as increase 'auction' slots available for items, you should know the answer to this question.

Unfortunately, the question is offtopic, but you probably have no idea how works EU :laugh:
I do not want to offend you, but if you know what is fees, and imagine what potential will have their decrease as well as increase 'auction' slots available for items, you should know the answer to this question.

Fair point on fees different from auction. And item points.

But the shop doesnt....make you peds.....it saves you a few ped in fees. Trading directly to a person saves you even more fees. But the same applies, trading directly to a person doesnt make you peds.

I can only repeat, the shop itself does not make you peds.

Rgds

Ace

PS I remember someone saying in the past, if i buy a shop will i make peds from it. No you won't, it eases your trading ability, but it doesnt make you peds

PS2 It is the szme argument for eco hunting mining etc. Using a more eco tool, doesnt make you peds, it reduces your cost. You can still lose ya ass in peds, but you lose less. Exactly the same for a shop

PS3 sorry whiningskeptic to go off topic

Yep, and unique BP for Fi/Ra/Co Dante also does not make money, if it lies in inventory :laugh:

Yep, and unique BP for Fi/Ra/Co Dante also does not make money, if it lies in inventory :laugh:

Exactly the BP doesnt make you money, as it depends on your skills to use and markup on ores you buy to click it.

Owning it and clicking it doesnt make you peds

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i do agree though you would have to be an idiot not to make money from a dante bp though

Back