What's Under the Veil?

I think its just a Quad-Wing Interceptor (C,L) :)

It is spacecraft fighter. A bit smaller ,faster. But looks verry simmilar as quad wing.

Well, regardless of what it is, at least MA is paying attention to space and finally starting to make improvements.

Well, regardless of what it is, at least MA is paying attention to space and finally starting to make improvements.

Deja vu?

Have you posted something very similar in another thread recently?

I tried to reproduce the picture on Caly SS with a quad to compare shapes and sizes, but it looks like they use non-default FOV settings and/or placed the camera much higher than our zoom-out allows.

Also disregard my past comment about render, evidently I hadn't been on a SS for too long and forgot how it looks like inside :) The picture appears to be a genuine screenshot (maybe slightly doctored, because the planet looks like Calypso, but you don't see any planets through the Caly SS' docking gate; or maybe it's really a test server or something).

You can't see anything through a SS gate because its just the link point (if that's the right term) between the station server and the space server. There's nothing to see because there's not actually anything there :) This is not a screenshot, its a piece of concept art.

You can't see anything through a SS gate because its just the link point
True, but SS gate isn't a blue portal from inside as I said previously (I mixed that up with a MS' hangar), you see stars through it, even if the view isn't real.

You can't see anything through a SS gate because its just the link point (if that's the right term) between the station server and the space server. There's nothing to see because there's not actually anything there :) This is not a screenshot, its a piece of concept art.

Want bet?:)))

I tried to reproduce the picture on Caly SS with a quad to compare shapes and sizes, but it looks like they use non-default FOV settings and/or placed the camera much higher than our zoom-out allows.

Also disregard my past comment about render, evidently I hadn't been on a SS for too long and forgot how it looks like inside :) The picture appears to be a genuine screenshot (maybe slightly doctored, because the planet looks like Calypso, but you don't see any planets through the Caly SS' docking gate; or maybe it's really a test server or something).

I don't think planets are visible through any of the portals. (I miss the old stations btw, they had more character). Other than that, it is a real screenshot. The dimensions of the ship could be a little smaller than the normal quad, but it's hard for me to tell... I think they took the screenshot using a bigger screen than mine, so the perspective isn't quite right.

I don't think planets are visible through any of the portals.

As I recall, all the portals face the same direction - east.

In which case, Next Island planet may be visible through the portal of the NI space station. Not that I've particularly checked if it actually does show the planet or not though :)

As I recall, all the portals face the same direction - east.

In which case, Next Island planet may be visible through the portal of the NI space station. Not that I've particularly checked if it actually does show the planet or not though :)

The only way it would be visible is if the MindArk graphics department painted it on the walls of the sphere of stars for the station instance. Any time you are inside any station, mothership, hangarship you are inside an instance that is not in space. Sort of like a mini planet that has a televater to somewhere else. I explored the space pirate base on the outside and it definitely was not in space. Gravity just like a planet and a sphere of stars. You are not supposed to get outside to see.:silly2:

Perhaps I should have put the 'visible' in quotation marks.

I hadn't really intended to mean that you could actually view the Space area through the entrance - just that, if you could, then that's the only planet that would in the right location vis a vis the space station entrance there.

At one time, there was a 'viewing' window on the space stations (and swimming pools!). which 'showed' Space the planet below. Yes, just a static graphic, not the real-time action outside the spacestation, but I guess I thought it was possible that MindArk could have similarly used a graphic for the hangar entrance to give the appearance of showing what the static elements of what 'should' be out there :)

Reactions: das
Perhaps I should have put the 'visible' in quotation marks.

I hadn't really intended to mean that you could actually view the Space area through the entrance - just that, if you could, then that's the only planet that would in the right location vis a vis the space station entrance there.

At one time, there was a 'viewing' window on the space stations (and swimming pools!). which 'showed' Space the planet below. Yes, just a static graphic, not the real-time action outside the spacestation, but I guess I thought it was possible that MindArk could have similarly used a graphic for the hangar entrance to give the appearance of showing what the static elements of what 'should' be out there :)
Yeah I miss that... :(

I think its a small Space mining vessel, that is going to be aimed at Hadesheim, where a lot of energy receptor are at (i went there and looked myself, alot of hovering stones, and a big energy beam)
Theres something beneath the ground in hadesheim that they really want.
There will probably be a big bang - then alot of things will come out of the ground.

I've got 2 ideas on what this is..

I think its a small Space mining vessel, that is going to be aimed at Hadesheim, where a lot of energy receptor are at (i went there and looked myself, alot of hovering stones, and a big energy beam)
Theres something beneath the ground in hadesheim that they really want.
There will probably be a big bang - then alot of things will come out of the ground.

Well that would be my first guess.. But from he outline of the vehicle, this will probably either one of three ships..

1. A Mining ship - Yes this is the most obvious as players have been wanting to do space mining and in fact this vehicle would be the logical choice, but since MA is neve about logic, I'm going to say that the 2nd and 3rrd guesses are going to be more relevant..

2. The Quad Wing Intercepter Mark II (Customizable)

Yes you heard me, a variant of the quad wing interceptor but this one will be bigger, and badder than the original prototype.. and this one will have the one thing that pirates and pirate hunters will enjoy the most (as well as smugglers)

Namely customization which means if you do the textures and colors just right, you could esily vanish without a trace.. Unless someone spts that annoying Trriangle above the ship..

Add to that new Weaponry, including Plasma cannons, or rail drivers or even missiles (Yay) and this will be the next Gen fighter that will be the kick ass ship to beat..

3. The Cyrene Imperium Space righter..

Yes if 2 isn't a newer version of the Updated quad or a mining ship the outline conforms more with the Cyrene Imperium Space fighter.. (and the signs are ovvious..(The two protrusions at the top are the canted Tail fins, and the snub nose is almost a dead giveaway..

So believe me, if this is it, then get ready to seperate the men from the boys..

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The BLind Sniper

...Not that I've particularly checked if it actually does show the planet or not though :)

No, the hangars in space stations are never showing the outside. :)

This for sure have been composed in a photoshop-software like.

Its a hovercraft hence the veil to keep it floating of the ground ;) Mindark just thought they would do the pictures of it in space for there next brain storming session.

the new VW Golf :yay:

lol- this has been a great debating thread with some interesting ideas but I think Axe Murderer hit the nail on the head.

Personally it looks like a quad, agreed it could have storage compartments for the containers but that would slow down the development of the container transport system. If players have to use this vehicle to transport containers, then they BP's have to come along first, then the crafters have to craft them, then the price has to drop to a level where players can afford to buy and run them and come close to breaking even on the transport missions. All of which could take a long time.

I think it is just an uprated Quad although the upgrades are anyone guess. Warp capable would be nice but I doubt it will be , more likely is along the lines of the pitbull, its the mark II quad and guess what it is 5% faster than the old one - although in space everyone will have to have one.

New video

Ok all, anyone want to crack this?

(MA just posted this)

Last edited:
B.u.m p............

Last edited:
B.u.m p............

You can see most of the entropia vehicles in there... sleipnir, quad, boat, gungnir, privateer, mothership, even the current model of the space station. I had no idea these were all stock models.

BTW why did you remove the video?

Last edited:
yeah i saw them too. Even though the video has gone now lol .
The binary , no clue right now .

You can see most of the entropia vehicles in there... sleipnir, quad, boat, privateer, mothership, even the current model of the space station. I had no idea these were all stock models.

BTW why did you remove the video?

hmm :) i think there was not a quad :)

Is the corpse of originality.

It would be a rotten carcass by now, probably was preserved in the coldest corner of the Universe.

There were quite a few of them. Why are you changing your story now?

im not changing, i just think it was smaller and faster. without end wings and not same as wuad,
and did not found in this list :

entropia_spaceships_jpg1named.jpg

Last edited:
Ok all, anyone want to crack this?

(MA just posted this)

Sergeant Enzo: Your Status?
Pilot Yeager: Arrived at specified coords. Rocket engines stable.
Sergeant Enzo: Ready for Bozeman test?
Pilot Yeager: Launch for test run of !%/"(iukjk%€#!... in 02:52:34:986

(bin > base64 > text)

Reactions: aia
Sergeant Enzo: Your Status?
Pilot Yeager: Arrived at specified coords. Rocket engines stable.
Sergeant Enzo: Ready for Bozeman test?
Pilot Yeager: Launch for test run of !%/"(iukjk%€#!... in 02:52:34:986

(bin > base64 > text)

Oh really? forgot to check base64..cool

Back