CRT Survival Maps: If there was a interactive version avalible, would you still want access to a jpg?

CRT Survival Maps: If there was a interactive version avalible, would you still want access to a jpg

• Yes, i like to download and keep full maps

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No, the google maps style version is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The google maps version is fine, but the ability to export part of it as a PNG would be nice

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Olivia Petty

Mature
Olivia
Hello,

I am currently in the process of working on the Calypso Rescue Team website and part of this will be bringing back survival maps to euforces.com

I will be putting together a google maps style interactive version with layers to present information, although a question i am wondering, is if this option is there, would people still want the traditional jpg versions that can be downloaded and saved?

For example, something like this: http://v2.euforces.com/wp-content/gallery/survival-maps/crts-survival-map-of-eudoria-08-vr2.jpg

I have added a poll above, and look forward to your feedback.

Olivia

Quicker to load for those using as a quick reference, yes, jpg's with simple info should be kept.

In other news, OMG I miss that map.

To perhaps increse local utility even more, could there be a version with the jpf as a background object with the actual vector gfx in a format better fitting it - SVG?

An additional benefit with this could be that the SVG data could pretty much be auto-generated from the (surely already existing) node data.

Just an idea.

Great work Olivia, I too really miss the maps

Dirk

Back