PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Georg Bear "Fish Tanks and Fire Places"

Who remember's these majestic pieces of art? He did such an awesome job on!

Then ofcourse they just disappeared! for 3 years no reply from MA on why our fireplaces and fishtanks were not working.

Well they finally got back to Bear this month, and refunded him for the lost work... and are supposed to refund us as well who had them.

Well most of us.. who had them.. had 300 ped in TT value tied up in each screen!... and ofcourse the money we had lost on the purchase value.

So I am assuming many of you, like myself TT'd them after years of no head way. Here is what MA says to me... that because I TT'd them, and I dont remember the exact date! that I didnt care about the item... and cant compensate me. .... BECAUSE I CANT REMEMBER THE EXACT DATE? BECAUSE I JOURNAL EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENDS IN MY ENTROPIA LIFE? IDIOTS!

"Selling these items contradicts any compensation purpose claim"

WHy would i hold onto over 1500+ ped of tt valueless screen when they have shown no signs of fixing them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I invested heavly in these from Bear, buying multples of each to resell in my shop.... Link to my old shop thread only for them to break and then I get this sh!t from support.

Am I being unreasonable? would you want compensation for something that you spent money on and then lost because the developers messed something up??
    Last edited by FlowerGirl; 11-29-2014 at 19:48.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    gacoo satans hunter
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowerGirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who remember's these majestic pieces of art? He did such an awesome job on!

picture for ants

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Viper Valdes
    Images
    If you get into a car accident and sell your damaged wreck because you need money quickly -- Do you still make an insurance claim on it afterwards when you don't have it? Will you tell them to call the other person to confirm that your car really was totaled?

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I remember seeing those fish tanks around.

How much did you pay over the TT value for each?
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Is there a support case of bear that we can refer too ?

I think there is many others who had videos uploaded to screens and never got any refund or even answer from support.
    I myself have lost around 6,000 ped in upload value alone without an answer for years.

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Why isn't there a way where players can escalate a support case to a higher level of support? That way players wouldn't feel the need to "escalate" disputes with support onto the forums all of the time.
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Georg Bear Mavel
    Society
    Dung Kickers´ Agent of Chaos
    Images
    Hi,
    I am on mobile right now but can give you details on Mon./Thu.

The escalation is calley “Phone call“. I updated my case almost every 6 months since the video nerf.
    I also allways asked for compensation for my customers.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Georg Bear Mavel
    Society
    Dung Kickers´ Agent of Chaos
    Images
    Hi there,

A short story:
    One day MA introduced the possibility to upload Videos onto Personal Displays. Those were (are?) crafted items which worked almost like PC Screens - only you could put a video on it. The videos had to be in the .bink format and required a lot of tinkering to be small and in good quality. You had to pay quite a lot to MA to just upload those videos on their server. There was also an additional EULA which stated which rights you don´t have and that its a "Service provided by MA ..."

Not much later MA said "Sorry" (na, not really) and removed the options for the InGame videos. Since that day all PC Displays stopped working and all work and money was lost.

Now my side:
    I enjoyed the idea of InGame videos and created (beside other things) a 3D Animation of a RipperSnapper (Entropia Fishy) in a Fishtank. I used Blender and it was a really neat simulation with physics for water and air bubbles ... After a lot of tinkering i had a nice Video on one type of PC Displays and it looked like a nice Fishtank with a RipperSnapper swimming in it.

Some Pics:

I sold a good bunch of if for tt+250PED

Tothe (Flowergirl) bought some of them for her shop for resale. One or two months later MA nerfed the videos. Of cause you can´t sell those things anymore....

Some rants back from the days:
    InGame Video (formerly Bink) - what now?
    MindArk faild - A Rant (only partial about Videos)

My Supportcase:
    218444:
    2011-12-13 12:27 Du schriebst:
    Hi,
    with VU 12.4 this information was in the Realease Notes:
    "Support for video files (Bink) has been removed. It is no longer possible to display videos on ingame screens. As a replacement, we are investigating support for streaming YouTube videos."

1. I just checked my Paricipant Content= All videos i uploaded are gone...
    2. I paid you (MA) for hosting them. Now you deleted them? And i should upload them again to YouTube or what? I paid more that 3k for Video Uploads.
    3.I sold some of those "videos"... What is with my buyers?

I hope to be informed soon!
    --------------
    After updating my case every 3-6 months this case was closed after a phone call on 2014-10-27 11:39 . I got a refund

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Alex Solo Solo
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    and has mindark ever offered an alternative to bink videos? or did they ever implement a similar service and offered all people with those video displays to take part in any alternative?

did anyone of the display buyers need to upload the videos for a fee to mindark or have the videos been inside the displays after an intitial upload?
    Last edited by Solo4711; 12-03-2014 at 02:32.

Thanks for the chime in Bear. Really was crap situation for us who pretty much bought a car, only for the wheels to be removed with no option of putting them back on....

All I want is fair compensation for their mistake. And to say I didnt care about the problem because I TT'd the scrap metal is stupid. Its been YEARS!! It is just frustrating that they can just Give you the finger... and you just have to sit by.

I have never onced posted a thread whining about the loot sucks or anything really... but when you get the finger from the company that you have put a lot of money towards... it just doesn't sit right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast