Info: "Nearby" in lootable pvp

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
I noticed that there are some people who do not know how to use "Nearby". After MA removed radar and added Nearby - some player get killed without a chance to defend themself. It is like that because some people still dont use "nearby" to see others around you. It is simple - open yours Contacts list and deselect all (Applicants, Disciple, Society, Team, Friends) except Nearby. Make sure "Search" field is empty. Keep contacts window open while running inside. You will see names of people who are around you - in pvp4 up to 400m range around you, in pvp3 up to 200m range around you.

Feature that should be removed in any kind of PVP area. (and in space)

But until that time comes ,thx for sharing for those who didnt know.

Feature that should be removed in any kind of PVP area. (and in space)

But until that time comes ,thx for sharing for those who didnt know.

Without it and without radar - it will be one more step for destroying lootable pvp. People who mine and hunt there will be fucked. People who just run around empty for days (or siting in the tree) will loot them and hide in the dark waiting for another miner/hunter. Most of people who like lootable pvp, like to fight, think that MA should remove near by and turn radar back on.

P.S. There are some other things why nearby should be turned off. For example - if you go there only for miners/hunters - you never fight with another PKer you see in nearby. With radar it was much more fun - you never know what you attacking. But PvP was made for fights, not just for killing noobs...

Without it and without radar - it will be one more step for destroying lootable pvp. People who mine and hunt there will be fucked. People who just run around empty for days (or siting in the tree) will loot them and hide in the dark waiting for another miner/hunter. Most of people who like lootable pvp, like to fight, think that MA should remove near by and turn radar back on.

P.S. There are some other things why nearby should be turned off. For example - if you go there only for miners/hunters - you never fight with another PKer you see in nearby. With radar it was much more fun - you never know what you attacking. But PvP was made for fights, not just for killing noobs...

Isnt that the main point of pvp4? That only those who are willing to risk can mine there for those high markup ores? This nearby feature helps killers as much as it would help miners (if not even more).

No map and no nearby feature means you have to keep your eyes open (no difference if you are pvp´er or miner) I am sure ppl would adjust, as this nearby feature just helps those pvp´er to find their prey more easily.

But i do see your point of view, i just think it would be more fair the otherway around.

Isnt that the main point of pvp4? That only those who are willing to risk can mine there for those high markup ores? This nearby feature helps killers as much as it would help miners (if not even more).

No map and no nearby feature means you have to keep your eyes open (no difference if you are pvp´er or miner) I am sure ppl would adjust, as this nearby feature just helps those pvp´er to find their prey more easily.

But i do see your point of view, i just think it would be more fair the otherway around.

Its maybe because you dont go to lootable pvp?

Radar and no nearby was for year in pvp4. It was lot of big fun fights there all that time. All the gone after radar was disabled.

About high MU - there is no high mu like it was before. If you would got here - you would know.

However, it is not about that. Its just thread for people who dont know about nearby yet.

can't you 'opt out' of being listed on nearby using the 'invisible' feature?

You can become UN-selectable though.

E.g. your name can't be dragged out of the box to show where you are.

Soon i will bring to day light something way "better". Keep eye on forrum

I don't want to wait, tell us now! :silly2:

Does it work to select target like that and then auto-use tool?

Radar should be turned back on and the "nearby" function disabled in pvp4. It's pretty much the same thing, so there's no point in having this function when MA could simply turn the radar on.

Soon i will bring to day light something way "better". Keep eye on forrum

perfect timing shots to make the bubble useless? Running on people and pushing them out of the bubble? Keeping your HP to 1 and mining on cliffs and then jump off a cliff when someone is near? Bringing 2 mulmuns or attackers to maintain HP below 50% ? Zoning parties? Team target while holding a FAP?

I can't think of more broken pvp things

Last edited:
Radar should be turned back on and the "nearby" function disabled in pvp4. It's pretty much the same thing, so there's no point in having this function when MA could simply turn the radar on.

perfect timing shots to make the bubble useless? Running on people and pushing them out of the bubble? Keeping your HP to 1 and mining on cliffs and then jump off a cliff when someone is near? Bringing 2 mulmuns or attackers to maintain HP below 50% ? Zoning parties? Team target while holding a FAP?

There are more, and if Hulk talk about what i think its a BIG bug and have been used by atleast 2 socs for a while.

Hehe you know lot of things that destroy pvp :) But not all...

There are more, and if Hulk talk about what i think its a BIG bug and have been used by atleast 2 socs for a while.

Xp is right. Here is thread about new (OLD) bug - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?268254-100-pvp-hit&p=3319024#post3319024

since I remember nika harlie duo start use the friend list and follow first we were tping around and we tough we were safe but we weren't safe at all :laugh::girl: I got shot in head bifore I realize but I learn it and is how we all been pvp inside zone
about radar hremember when fap was the way to find people a lot alts was in akmuul tagging miners but ofc you don't know who alts were those right even when I help bling get his claim out one time was wanna you alts there
but you don't know who alt was right

anyways atm anyone scape to easy maybe is why hulk wanna radar bcuz with radar and one guy with tp charge inside the outpost he can jump right on you the know how far to jump when the have radar atm the jump but bifore even tuch you , you long goon
I do say only show warning if someone is near and don't show any sigh of avatar or who is near by only show one big green dot on radar now kinda like lighting on radar with no direcctions and make the white thing on the teleporter invisible and see how hulk wanna miner so safe now :)) cheers :laugh::laugh:

:scared: :you ask me how I know this well I use to team with this guys when I start play the game

If memory serves me right, I am sure when the chat system was launched Kim said something along the lines of "we know the nearby feature is a problem for PVP areas and it will be fixed", pretty much what was said when they changed the hit box size and it became twice as hard to hit someone with a gun. Of course, nothing has been done. Likewise, wasn't a PVP update promised for the end of the year? Bringing back the radar or a similar feature is the obvious answer, or a complete rethink of PVP.

If memory serves me right, I am sure when the chat system was launched Kim said something along the lines of "we know the nearby feature is a problem for PVP areas and it will be fixed", pretty much what was said when they changed the hit box size and it became twice as hard to hit someone with a gun. Of course, nothing has been done. Likewise, wasn't a PVP update promised for the end of the year? Bringing back the radar or a similar feature is the obvious answer, or a complete rethink of PVP.

Please read quote from Kim below. May be it applies here as well? (as so many other things...)

For years the game had a radar and no nearby. If people couldn't handle it they should have stayed out not cried for us to change how we operate for them.

I posted this in the other thread.. it applies here too:

Maybe it would be better if MindArk just turned the Radar back on in PVP and then disabled the advanced targeting features for PvP areas? There needs to be a way were a person knows if someone is close to them and then a way to locate that person. A functioning radar solves that problem.

Using the Nearby feature as notification and then Select Next Target to target people fits within the parameters of normal game feature usage, thus is not an exploit, however its a very lazy PvP style. Moreover it capitalizes on some people's lack of knowledge of game features. Is it an unfair advantage? Maybe.. I dunno really, but I would prefer any advantages that I have over someone (or someone has over me) be a direct result of avatar skills, equipment, and especially the person's PvP prowess and talent.

I personally would rather not see radar or nearby functional in PVP4. I prefer actually hunting where you try to sneak around not knowing where your target is or if it's stalking you instead. It's the closest thing we have to actually hunting rather than the find the nearest dot and blast it "hunting" most people do. Of course that's maybe just me coming from games like Metal Gear Solid and having general disdain for typical shoot-em-ups. Either that, or I just really like paying attention to terrain and game theory of trying to figure out where someone could be.

I personally would rather not see radar or nearby functional in PVP4. I prefer actually hunting where you try to sneak around not knowing where your target is or if it's stalking you instead. It's the closest thing we have to actually hunting rather than the find the nearest dot and blast it "hunting" most people do. Of course that's maybe just me coming from games like Metal Gear Solid and having general disdain for typical shoot-em-ups. Either that, or I just really like paying attention to terrain and game theory of trying to figure out where someone could be.

How often do you go into lootable PvP, or do any PvP at all?

How often do you go into lootable PvP, or do any PvP at all?

Not recently, but I used to quite a bit in lootable PVP in the past before the recent flush of people. I'm usually on the receiving end since I just mine, but I could get into going on the offensive someday too. The main thing I was trying to describe was that the thrill I'm describing is there whether you're the hunter or the hunted. I think it's fun trying to work the terrain to your advantage regardless of what of what you're in PVP zones for.

Not recently, but I used to quite a bit in lootable PVP in the past before the recent flush of people. I'm usually on the receiving end since I just mine, but I could get into going on the offensive someday too. The main thing I was trying to describe was that the thrill I'm describing is there whether you're the hunter or the hunted. I think it's fun trying to work the terrain to your advantage regardless of what of what you're in PVP zones for.

Yesterday I went into lootable PvP with a gun that was 170m range and over 360 max damage. I was looking for miners and the vast majority of them would have been a 1 shot 1 kill. My luck not one other person was there but regardless.. the whole thing was kinda dumb. All i did was walk around watching for someone to appear on the Nearby list. If i had seen someone, all I would have had to do was drag out the health bar, or press Select Next Target, or use Follow Avatar to figure out where they are.

With functioning radar you see them when they see you and thats a thrill because you KNOW that they can see you and from there the fight is on. PvP and especially lootable PvP should get your heart racing. It should be about avatar skills, equipment, and personal fighting experience and not about who knows the most about the newest system loopholes and exploits.

I dont PvP a lot.. just when I have an effective PvP toy on hand for whatever reason. Yesterday that was a Marber Tango.

Last edited:
640px-epic_facepalm_by_rjth-1-jpg.8026

No doubt Calypso and MA devs will be reading this thread to gain insight and get feedback.. hopefully they ignore the opinions of those who don't even play the game, much less ever set foot inside of PvP.

i noticed that there are some people who do not know how to use "nearby". After ma removed radar and added nearby - some player get killed without a chance to defend themself. It is like that because some people still dont use "nearby" to see others around you. It is simple - open yours contacts list and deselect all (applicants, disciple, society, team, friends) except nearby. Make sure "search" field is empty. Keep contacts window open while running inside. You will see names of people who are around you - in pvp4 up to 400m range around you, in pvp3 up to 200m range around you.

and now tell us about next target pls!!!

So much proffesors arround ;)

Back