Privateers need a pilot weapon!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
MA please fix the issue with weaponless Privateer pilots. There is nothing more frustrating than having to stop your ship, jump into a different gunner seat back and forth. There is no reason why a privateer pilot cant have a gun associated with their seat.
I think it would be an easy fix just to add a Kismet.

Cheers
Bjorn

Remote guns

I would say the pilot needs the best gun tbh. :)

Why don't you hire a gunner and some repairer ?
These ships are designed to go with a crew.

Have to agree. The answer to dealing with threats isn't more guns, it's using the ones you have.

Hiring a crew is great in theory but not everyone wants to have a full-time or part-time job in space managing that crew. Not everyone is a commercial pilot. Not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of a crew.

Only a tiny percentage of warp capable ship owners decided to create a crew and having guns for the pilot wont negate the reasons to bring on a crew, but it will help accommodate the needs of the rest of the warp ship owners.

If MindArk gave us a way where the crew could be more self sufficient, such as by managing the guest list being able to add and remove people, then there would be a lot more ships that would have a crew.

Only a tiny percentage of warp capable ship owners decided to create a crew and having guns for the pilot wont negate the reasons to bring on a crew, but it will help accommodate the needs of the rest of the warp ship owners.

There just aren't enough players in the game... too many warp ships for them all to have full crews, given the low number of players who are interested in spending their time and peds in space in a subordinate role. There are something like 70 of these privateers in game, plus the motherships.

I agree, these ships need a pilot gun.

Thats true, it isn't really possible to field crew anymore, with so many of the people that are interested in space having already been absorbed.
I suppose if i had to toss out a suggestion, it would be a single target point defense system. Basically something that slowly damages the last ship that was hostile to the owners ship. Enough to eventually break someone holding a warp up in say, 2-3 minutes, but not something that can be used offensively on its own.

There are plenty of players... I could easily create a crew 5 times over. Everyday people approached me and ask.

There are plenty of players... I could easily create a crew 5 times over. Everyday people approached me and ask.

If you have a crew, would you be able to kill a quad? You speak about pirates going on a certain side of the ship where they cannot be hit. So would a crew solve your problems? or will a pilot gun?

If I want to shoot I play Elite Dangerous, at least there they allow a solo player to have some fun in space.

Keeping piloting and shooting separately makes perfect sense in the setup of EU, but they have to think about the fun factor of the game too. Just balance it in such a way that traveling with a gunner gives you a big advantage over shooting alone.

:scratch2:

Atami

Funniest solution would be drones!

Drive them from wherever in the privateer or MS and fill them with explosives. Just crash the enemy and kaboom!

Is it so hard to have missiles on a videogame ship? :scratch2:

I agree with the post earlier where someone said the privateer is designed to be working with a crew. But perhaps...under the veil...there is also a single pilot spaceship, where piloting and shooting are all with that one guy? Of course, this vessel would be very small, and would need to have some other limitations not to make the existing vessels obsolete.

Crews are dependent on;
1. Availability
2. Time-zones
3. Activity of the ship
4. Readiness to attend ship when needed
5. Costs of employment

Most privateers don't have crews, hence a pilot gun is needed.

The could create gunner-drones that can act instead of avatar gunners.

Crews are dependent on;
1. Availability
2. Time-zones
3. Activity of the ship
4. Readiness to attend ship when needed
5. Costs of employment

Most privateers don't have crews, hence a pilot gun is needed.

1. There are always people looking to travel whithout having to afk while traveling hence need warps, reduce your price they wouldn't mind defending the ship.
2. People are from every time zone, if you don't find people for 1 you won't find people in space so gunner is irrelevant..
3. Ship can be as active as you want.
4. 10 min would be enough, let time to yourself to go to storage, check auction, pee whatever.
5. If you want a pilot gun that means you planned to do that alone so all cost for yourself, with 1. you can even have profit so if you want to have a crew quicker, just offer free ride, it won't cost you more...

Having a pilot gun would imbalance space greatly and would remove the teamwork needed to handle privateers and larger vessels.
Following your logic, i hope that MA would release a new kind of quad with warping capability which use new warp device at a fraction of the cost cause the size. So it will be balanced, as the cargo missions will offer privateers and mothership a greater capacity while having repairable SI and such logout option they abused.
MA should provide a way to bypass the afk space hassle. As a space investor you don't encouraged people to use space so you failed in your role since 3 years. Time for a change.
Hence warp on all ships is needed.

Back