Requesting a new Super Moderator

Nevermind. I shouldn't feed the trolls.

In before the :monkey::locked::locked::locked::monkey:

It's obviously sarcasm...

I missed that. First I was sure it was genuin. Then I thought it might be sarcasm. Then I thought it was real again...

Sometimes it is quite hard to read sarcasm through a computer screen, just check Narfis 44k PVP-loot.

Im not convinced that it is going downhill

Since this new mod appeared, this forum has lost it's life blood for me. John was an extremely well balanced mod for this forum. Not Orwellian like the present terminator you have here now.

drop 'super' from the title. lessen the ego.

Since the forum was created in 2005, there has been a total of 8 mods, not including the site owners, Mindbuster and 711.

As a timeline graphic it looks something like this:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]
[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . . . . [/COLOR]2005[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2006[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2007[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2008[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2009[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2010 [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . [/COLOR]2011[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2012[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2013[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2014[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2015
[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . . . . [/COLOR]--|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
MS9[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]xxxxxxxxx
Skam[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kjetil[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		
JimmyB[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . [/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx======================================>
JohnCapital[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RayneJade[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxx========
safara[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]xx=======================>
Serica[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>[/FONT]

x - actively modding
= - reduced availability for modding

Ideally there is a team of mods for a forum. Having at least 3, covering the Euro/American/Pacific timezones, instead of only 1, would considerably reduced the individual workload, and also allow more timely responses to requests. However, mods don't 'grow on trees'.

When I was contacted by JC about becoming a mod in 2012, I was aware JC had been the sole 'active' mod on this forum for some time (and also on EF as well). I was not the only person contacted about it, and indeed, I initially declined as I considered the role more suited to others. However, JC persuaded me on the basis that my assistance with the more routine, administrative mod duties (spam, post approval for new members, thread relocation/renaming etc etc) would allow him to better utilize his available time to focus on the 'interpersonal' type issues that arise. Ultimately I was the only one of those who were contacted to accept the responsibility, and that was largely due to my appreciation of JC's dedication, and willingness to give my time to help him out.

Once JC let me know of his intention to retire from modding, we encouraged 711 to appoint one or more new mods. The intent was that they would be able to benefit from JC's mentoring, while he was still available for the role. However, the only person who was invited to become a mod to this time, after initially expressing interest, declined the invitation.

While I have suggested names to 711 from time to time, ultimately it's his decision as to who he chooses to appoint. I've brought this thread to his attention, and I expect he'll post here when he has time.

As to a couple of issues raised in the first post:
1. The 'Super Moderator' that shows in my profile. For those who make sarcastic comments about it, please be aware that this is not a 'title' I chose, or that I can change. My understanding is that it relates only to my level of access to various administrative functions, and is a generic descriptive term for that access level.
The '/mod note/' and '<removed>' tags (or variants thereof) are used to distinguish personal comments and responses in a thread from those made as moderator, and to indicate where posts that violate forum rules have been edited.
2. Akbar's thread, referenced in the OP, was removed from the forum as a violation of rule 3.8, without any consideration of his personal abuse toward me or his 'photoshopping' of my RL pic.

I have also made 711 aware of Akbar's removal of posts in the Beastiary section. While I have the capacity to individually restore each of those posts, I'd prefer to wait for 711 to respond first, so that he can make his preferences known.

3. As to my mod decisions: JC can confirm that until he retired, I shared all mod decisions with him. Some, including most 'controversial' ones, were made jointly after discussion, and I willingly deferred to his experience.
Since his retirement, I've continued to post extensive notes, including copies of PM exchanges with members, in the private 'staff' section, so that 711 and the other mods (when available) are apprised of the current status of decision-making, and 711 can review my decisions and rationale for them at any time.

Last edited:
About "his 'photoshopping' of my RL pic" that was wrong of him to do and i told him that but way did you take away the " the Beastiary section".

You having your problems with each other but what has it to do with the " the Beastiary section"!!!

About "his 'photoshopping' of my RL pic" that was wrong of him to do and i told him that but way did you take away the " the Beastiary section".

You having your problems with each other but what has it to do with the " the Beastiary section"!!!

I have not made any change whatever to the Beastiary section.
All changes there are Akbar's.
Until or unless I have a response from 711, it remains there for him to review.
I'm sorry if that affects people using the forum in the meantime, but seems safest, in case 711 can make bulk changes to restore the information that has been vandalised.

No, I'm not a mod any longer, but I do feel the need to say some things here based on what I've noticed.

I don't know what the thread the OP referenced is truly in regard to but based on the title in it, forums/showthread.php?268314-Time-to-say-goodbye&p=3319803 I'd guess it's a quitting thread, which is in fact against forum rules. Has been for years and years. If that's what it was, then the fact that it's deleted does not surprise me at all.

I noticed further on in this thread that mention of Akbar doing something to the bestiary section. I glanced at two threads and see what you mean. Akbar removed his stuff.

Akbar was given almost sole custodial powers over the bestiary. That section was made specifically for him (or he inherited it somehow. Not sure which)

Akbar was given mod powers over that section. Meaning exactly what it says. Akbar is/was a mod. A mod who's powers were restricted to that section only. To the best of my knowledge, he never exercised mod powers on any post in the bestiary section, but he had that ability.

It's unfortunate that Akbar did what he did, but don't blame Serica for that. It's very easy to see the "Last edited by Akbar; Today at ..." at the bottom of those newly deleted OPs.

I'm guessing 711 will either restore those posts for historical reference and/or close the section. Either way, it's a shame for that to happen.

It's simple. Like the rules or not, obey them or risk getting modded, regardless of who the mod is. Their job is to enforce the rules as they see fit.

What Akbar did was pretty juvenile, I dont agree at all with how he handled it.

I found this in the Atrox thread, its in other threads that arent deleted too, he replaced the original content in the original post with the following message:

I just let you know that,
I deleted all my Bestiary posts on PCF and EF, deleted all pictures and deleted my quotes, but since I am moderator, I had respect for all other posts that I did not touch or manipulate (else than the serica's shit posts that I DELETED, go away from my threads fucking brainless nazi cop !).
If you are so fantastic serica, redo all yourself !!! Like entropedia which is filled of tons of erroneous datas. I remember Hijacker when I was in SoF who was telling me I should register to correct the wrong datas, but i gave up...
I have left all other threads that I started as they could impact too much people.

Go on, you can ban me now since you have nothing more intelligent to do, and you are dreaming of it since so long.
I'm gonna join forums where FREEDOM is not hijacked by stupidity.
You are penalizing all members because of your incredible narrow-minded way to do.

People in this forum should do a petition to kick you.
But i guess you're gonna have plenty of support, there are so much ass lickers here...
You are really someone low, and your pic is showing it !

Would you dare to behave this way if I was in front of you ?...
You are not a player, not a moderator, get a brain fucking asshole.

I shit on your face, Fuck You serica !

Last edited:

What Akbar posted would be punishable in my country. It could not only get him a hefty fine, but probably a jail sentence (albeit suspended).

I can understand, however, why he might have felt compelled to delete all his dedicated work of many many hours.

Since the forum was created in 2005, there has been a total of 8 mods, not including the site owners, Mindbuster and 711.

As a timeline graphic it looks something like this:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]
[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . . . . [/COLOR]2005[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2006[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2007[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2008[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2009[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2010 [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . [/COLOR]2011[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2012[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2013[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2014[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . [/COLOR]2015
[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]. . . . . [/COLOR]--|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
MS9[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]xxxxxxxxx
Skam[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kjetil[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		
JimmyB[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . [/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx======================================>
JohnCapital[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RayneJade[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxx========
safara[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]xx=======================>
Serica[COLOR="#FFFFFF"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>[/FONT]

x - actively modding
= - reduced availability for modding

Ideally there is a team of mods for a forum. Having at least 3, covering the Euro/American/Pacific timezones, instead of only 1, would considerably reduced the individual workload, and also allow more timely responses to requests. However, mods don't 'grow on trees'.

When I was contacted by JC about becoming a mod in 2012, I was aware JC had been the sole 'active' mod on this forum for some time (and also on EF as well). I was not the only person contacted about it, and indeed, I initially declined as I considered the role more suited to others. However, JC persuaded me on the basis that my assistance with the more routine, administrative mod duties (spam, post approval for new members, thread relocation/renaming etc etc) would allow him to better utilize his available time to focus on the 'interpersonal' type issues that arise. Ultimately I was the only one of those who were contacted to accept the responsibility, and that was largely due to my appreciation of JC's dedication, and willingness to give my time to help him out.

Once JC let me know of his intention to retire from modding, we encouraged 711 to appoint one or more new mods. The intent was that they would be able to benefit from JC's mentoring, while he was still available for the role. However, the only person who was invited to become a mod to this time, after initially expressing interest, declined the invitation.

While I have suggested names to 711 from time to time, ultimately it's his decision as to who he chooses to appoint. I've brought this thread to his attention, and I expect he'll post here when he has time.

As to a couple of issues raised in the first post:
1. The 'Super Moderator' that shows in my profile. For those who make sarcastic comments about it, please be aware that this is not a 'title' I chose, or that I can change. My understanding is that it relates only to my level of access to various administrative functions, and is a generic descriptive term for that access level.
The '/mod note/' and '<removed>' tags (or variants thereof) are used to distinguish personal comments and responses in a thread from those made as moderator, and to indicate where posts that violate forum rules have been edited.
2. Akbar's thread, referenced in the OP, was removed from the forum as a violation of rule 3.8, without any consideration of his personal abuse toward me or his 'photoshopping' of my RL pic.

I have also made 711 aware of Akbar's removal of posts in the Beastiary section. While I have the capacity to individually restore each of those posts, I'd prefer to wait for 711 to respond first, so that he can make his preferences known.

3. As to my mod decisions: JC can confirm that until he retired, I shared all mod decisions with him. Some, including most 'controversial' ones, were made jointly after discussion, and I willingly deferred to his experience.
Since his retirement, I've continued to post extensive notes, including copies of PM exchanges with members, in the private 'staff' section, so that 711 and the other mods (when available) are apprised of the current status of decision-making, and 711 can review my decisions and rationale for them at any time.

I′d rather you resign.

Last edited:

I found this in the Atrox thread, its in other threads there too, he replaced the original content in the original post of the thread he did not delete with the following message:

Wow, that is pretty damned :eyecrazy:.

Sometimes, I really do wonder if some people actually have lives or friends outside of EU and PCF.

Oh, BTW, don't you relinquish ownership of anything you post on a forum? I assume that's in the user agreement, somewhere.

Oops, and before I forget-

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism. :locked:

:wise:

Sad..

I am saddened that Akbar felt he needed to remove his info from Beastiary category,I had used that alot in past/present. I really hope the actions of one does not stop him from reposting his information that many EU players use. Please reconsider Akbar for us that really appreciated your effort.

Last edited:
I am saddened that Akbar felt he needed to remove his info from Beastiary category,I had used that alot in past/present. I really hope the actions of one does not stop him from reposting his information that many EU players use. Please reconsider Akbar for us that really appreciated your effort.

Mods can easily undelete threads that were deleted. They also can see the previous content of an edited post and then restore it.

I understand that Akbar was trying to give a middle finger to Serica, but in the way that he did it, not only did he undermine his own argument but he also showed complete disregard to everyone who uses and especially those who have contributed to those threads.

Last edited:
Don't know how it is handled in US or outside Germany, but when a user requested to delete his data on forums - the forumowner must delete the whole content!

I'm not sure how i should judge the hole think, as far as i know akbar tried to contact 711 himself.. maybe no responce was the missing waterdrop to delete all. But im sure akbar will redo a beastiary on an other forum.
(and if he asked me he can do it on the German forum too :D)

m2p

I dunno about serica as a mod, she has always been very good to me.

But about the bestiary: I think it's sad to see it go, but I also don't think you should restore it. I think it's his (akbars) and if he wants it gone, it's gone. Even if technically, according to some obscure rule or something he forfeit any ownership rights or something. With the amount of work and time he put into it I think we should respect his wish.

Also, I think it's totally ok to loose it sometimes, especially on the internet :rolleyes:. I don't think I have ever seen him out of it like that and yes he went too far but that doesn't make him dismisable like that. He went too far, he's gone. Maybe he'll come back after cooling off a little. But he was a very valued member for sooo long and just cuz he exploded at the end of his PCF life doesn't diminish that. So please respect his wish and let the bestiary die.

Regards
Thark

I don't think we need a new super moderator; however some extra moderators would be good to have on this forum. The job for just one alone cannot be rewarding in any way. It's a sucky job that almost no objective person really wants.

We all wish some info would stay as is sometimes and we can get upset if it doesn't due to removal. It can suck if you cannot express your anger/frustration/other emotions if that's against forum rules, but in some cases that _is_ really for the better.

Now I understand Akbar's frustration about his post being deleted from another thread (personal issue between two OK long-term players), which seemed his trigger for writing the thread that got removed. He wrote that thread in emotion most likely and I was surprised to see it was up for so long as he really took it a step too far with that pic.

Don't know how it is handled in US or outside Germany, but when a user requested to delete his data on forums - the forumowner must delete the whole content!

Unfortunately, it's not really a good option to truly delete accounts. I watched that exact mistake occur on another Entropia forum that's now defunct (those who recall the one that had "reality" in the forum name know what I'm talking about.)

One account was deleted on request. As such, every action they ever did was erased. All the threads they started, gone. All discussions they were ever in suddenly had inexplicable gaps that made following the discussion impossible. A lot of people got pissed off, and the forum owner had to explain wtf just happened. The unintended consequences of that action was a problem.

Trust me, deleting accounts from forums is NOT good. :( Permanently locking them is the preferred action.

however some extra moderators would be good to have on this forum.
This place has been short on mods for a LONG time now.

...which seemed his trigger for writing the thread that got removed. He wrote that thread in emotion ...
As a mod back then, I had dealings with Akbar as well. He always had a hot temper about certain things, and he would hunt you down ingame and IRL to argue his side of things non-stop. That he finally decided to leave this forum in a huff and take his "toys" with him doesn't surprise me at all. He could very easily have done that while I was the mod. It just so happened to be Serica as the mod at the time.

most likely and I was surprised to see it was up for so long as he really took it a step too far with that pic.

This goes right back to the "not enough mods" thing. It sucks when you wake up early in the morning, turn your computer on and find a long thread full of problems that has been up for hours while you were sleeping that you now have to deal with.

If there were multiple mods located in different time zones, like Serica and I asked for, that problem would be greatly reduced.

Now as for the exact post that was mentioned earlier, I was directed to a copy of it that was posted on EP. If I had seen that post, whether it was pointed toward me or someone else, I would have deleted it too. Quitting threads: against the rules. Mod criticism: against the rules. Calling people names: against the rules. Posting nazi pics: against the rules. There are so many reasons why that post (and thus whole thread) had to go.

And as I understand, (from what I read on the forum, not anything I've been told) this all started/ended with Akbar posting personal disputes on his Akbar's Travel's thread, which Serica rightly removed. A heated argument as Akbar disagrees with her actions, and hey-presto. Akbar walks off in a huff. There may have been some other mod actions after that part that may have lead to this also, I don't know. I just what I saw on that thread and after it was deleted. (Yes I have that thread subscribed. Akbar's a real cool guy, except for those moments when he's not.)

I've intentionally stayed out of discussions or anything else about the modding on this forum. I dealt with that stuff for years, and want a good clean break from it. I've even gone so far as to not report posts that should have been, just to stay as far away from the whole thing as possible. But this is messed up. Akbar's been having his emotional moments for years now and it sucks that Serica gets tomatoes thrown at her just because he finally leaves the forum like I think he's been wanting to for a while now (unhappy his friend McCormick left, etc.) From everything I've seen here, Serica did her mod job just the way she was supposed too, but Akbar finally had enough just because those mod actions were done to him, per the rules he should have followed to begin with.

Now I'll tell you right now. I've had no communication about this with Akbar, nor Serica. I'm only going by what I've seen prior to and after. I'm as much a spectator in this crap as anyone, so if anything I've said here is incorrect, feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

I think that no one wants the job of moderating the WHOLE forum but maybe it would be easier if it was divided up into different sections. Most of us have sections that we spend a lot of time in and then other sections that we couldn't care less about.

....just an idea

Last edited:

If you are talking about "the right to be forgotten", I believe that only applies to your personally identifying information. I hardly believe it would apply to some generic information on video game creatures.

However, if Count Vamp of Boorum were to submit the request, he may have a case.

problem is not request new mods.
its to find people who want to be mods , who have what it take to be mods(patience , be fair , know rule) , and who have time to be mods , since its a very boring time consuming activitie that you usual do for free...

so would be nice to start a list a people who wish and agree to be mods , more than just screaming there is not enought...

also , mods are here to make people follow rules and usual , same people who request mods are the first to complain when mods close their thread because they dont follow rules...

problem is not request new mods.
its to find people who want to be mods , who have what it take to be mods(patience , be fair , know rule) , and who have time to be mods , since its a very boring time consuming activitie that you usual do for free...

so would be nice to start a list a people who wish and agree to be mods , more than just screaming there is not enought...

also , mods are here to make people follow rules and usual , same people who request mods are the first to complain when mods close their thread because they dont follow rules...

The problem is, those suitable, don't want to do the job. And you can't blame them....all you will get is abuse from the members. Which Akbars posts confirm.

I agree with the way Serica mods this forum. To be honest, probably needs a harder hand, judging by recent posts from peeps.

But to find the right mix of skills to become a mod and then to get them to accept the unwelcome, unforgiving, unpaid fulltime job......well....

Rgds

Ace

In my opinion: if you don't volunteer to mod, you shouldn't complain either.

I cant talk for other ppl but for me when problem occour that dont have nothing to do with who is moderator but with forum rules wich allow or dictate mods behavior.
So you can be upset with mod but that is wrong perception because behind that you are in reality upset with forum rules wich you do not like.

Just think about country where dictatorship is at home - you cant be angry on newspaper or journalists because they write and report only news wich alre allowed to write about...

I Think the moderators are doing a good job.

Sometimes it looks like a lot of <removed> and /deleted posts/ but at least in my Eyes it's sometimes needed when a thread has gotten from a constructive discussion to just throwing Words at eachother ("you suck" and response "you suck even more" etc).

In other cases it can be hard to judge when a text is "over the line" when it comes to rules, and then it's hard to make a decision everyone gets happy with.

I don't Think we want a forum without moderators. What I guess happens but that we don't see is probably the cleansing of spam - for some reason a forum without a visible moderator tends to get tons of it. (I mean spam for things like v1/\6RÁ and broken watches.)

Back