Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

@Thark:

Space is still in its early development stage, just with the very basics set to build up on, there is no such thing as it being 'finished' it hasnt even quite started yet.
There may not many people hunt in space atm, but some like me do since over 3 years.
When Mindark announced space originally they posted the following:
June 8th

The office is buzzing with excitement as we are getting closer and closer to the space release. With this release Entropia truly becomes the Entropia Universe with space travel between the planets and space stations for intermediate landing.

The target date for the release is set to the 21st of June 2011. Make sure you are ready for this exciting happening!

eu_buzz_space1.jpg

Celebration

To celebrate this occasion MindArk will have two competitions before the release and then add interesting objects to the auction after release.

The competitions start tonight (8th of June) at 00:00 Entropian time and end at 24:00 Entropian time on the 20th of June.

Competition for Motherships

The first competition will be won by the participant or participants receiving the biggest Hall of Fame entries for Hunting, Mining and Construction respectively during the competition time. If you win this, a Mothership Deed will be added to your Inventory.

Note that the motherships are unlimited!

Competition for Medium Fighters

The second competition will be won by four participants, one on each planet. It is possible for an individual participant to win the competition on more than one planet. The winners have to receive the largest loot, during the competition time, from hunting the following mobs:

Planet - Mob
  • Planet Calypso - Shinkiba Young
  • ROCKtropia - ROCKtropian
  • Next Island - Brown Papoo Young, Mature old
  • Arkadia - Halix Young

Note that these mobs are also suitable for newly entered participants to hunt.

If you win this, a Medium Fighter Deed will be added to your Inventory.

Auction

On the first day after the release, three Motherships will be placed in the Entropia Universe auction on a 24-hour auction period.

When the initial three auctions are won, one Mothership will be placed in the auction every 24th hour until MindArk deems there are an adequate number of Motherships for the current space and Entropia Universe population. There will be no prior notification that MindArk will stop releasing new Motherships to the auction.

No limit or buyout prices will be set for these auctions.

Note that the motherships are unlimited!

Hangar Managers

There will be some special treats for our current hangar managers in this space release and a subsequent release.

Release of Space

The space will connect all planets in one universe and you can choose to travel between them in space ships instead of using teleportation.

Motherships, unlimited and the Titans of Space, are large spaceships with awesome firepower and transportation capabilities. You will be able to configure your ship for basic usage or adjust it into one of the most fearsome and dominating space crafts you can find today. Rule space with your ship and a crew of gunners and engineers: attack and defend, repair the ship and manage the Structural Integrity for maximum defence! Bring large groups of friends and other passengers on the ship for voyages deep into space or between planets. Let your allies find a somewhat safer harbour in space by landing a smaller space craft inside the Mothership hangar while moving.

eu_buzz_space2.jpg

The first space release will include the following features:

• Space travel and commodity transportation between the planets, space-stations, asteroids etc.
  • PVP fighting in the entire universe except in the parking zones outside the space stations.
  • A reputation system for your heroic or not so heroic deeds in space is provided.

Mothership characteristics:

• Engineering for various upgrades.
  • Gunner positions: 6 + 1 pilot.
  • Passenger Teleport: Planet to Mothership.
  • Passengers: Max 50 including crew.
  • Initial weapon type: Plasma cannons.
  • Revival faculties.

Coming Releases of Space

In the pipeline for the coming space-related releases we have warp speed to experience the thrill of space travel, more advanced engineering features. To increase protection for the motherships and its crew from opponents the number of gunner positions will be increased to 13 and 4 shield sections will be added. Also, heavy weapons, torpedos, will be added.

- Arachne -

When I don't harass my co-workers with yoga, I'm at the heart of things at MindArk: writing, collecting info for Release Notes, working on the web and doing other important tasks that come in my way.

Originally Posted Here

As you can see up to today the motherships still havent received many upgrades that were promised on their original sales over 3 years ago.
However the vision that mindark set for space was turning Entropia into 'Entropia Universe' - not just replacing the hangar transport system with a new and fancier one.
They have stated in the past they will introduce space mining at some point and they are still due releasing space mobs to hunt for the bigger ships as all the mobs out there are mainly geared towards solo quad hunters.

now imagine the argument if mindark started selling unlimited top dps/eco weapons without profession requirements for startbid 1ped and around 1000 of them - do you think this would be balanced ?

The times I've used up the (L) gear and I practically can't find new at same level, it would had been nice to had been able to buy repairable gear (rather than switching to repairable items I've brought at half efficiency). Or let's say if I would had been able to loot an eredicator type four, and been able to hunt on with it, even regen mobs, rather than slow (dmg/sec) plasma rifles.

Another thing to consider is that there are items that goes through skill borders, like the quads (though they're bringing MA Money), but also things like mod fap, and, to a degree, the "terminator" (it does have SIB but probably not comparable to the current generation of weapons at its dmg/sec).

As for the quads it's hard to compare it skillwise, as there is no major skill levels for the current space ships. In some cases there is, like mothership gun performance (I Think - not sure) and pilot level (to evade warp mines and mobs) - but when it comes to just using the basic functions there is no skill requirement. On the other hand, if you do have a repairable quad, it's cheaper to skill (skill pilot skills by hunting) than if you have an (L) quad (because of markup on loss of TT when hit). Even, if you just travel from Point A to Point B with a repairable ship and you get shot at by pirates, you don't need to pay markup on the decay.

Skillwise, there are two categories I've hit the roof:
- Heal chip XI: Maxed and there is no above. XI(L) has been over 200% (224%) in auction, but has now been availible for 202%. Probably because lots of people have grown into them, or in a few cases they've become reseller food.
- Electric attack nanochip XI: After moaning when they rised the professional level, it seems now I'm finally in level for them. However, there nowdays almost none in auction. Higher level strikechips feels like they've been removed from loots, and the way you aim with them has been nerfed.

As for laser weapons there is a decent supply of eco weapons - when I'm on Calypso. When I'm on other planets it can be hard to find corresponding level weapons though (this will be releived a bit with the new auction system).

Last edited:
...and a 4th one has an opening bid

The stats that I've seen on these quad-wings are not particularly impressive compared to regular quad-wings, so the price must be 50k peds for a reason.

Having not read most of the rest of the thread, I wildly speculate that these quads will be warp-capable closer to space stations than motherships/privateers... I'm taking from inside the blue-zones. The trade off being perhaps that it may take two or three jumps to go planet-to-planet (spacestation-to-spacestation), but what are the chances of someone being there waiting at the points between those two or three jumps?

If I'm right (and I've no reason to suspect that I am) what you would effectively have is an almost completely safe corridor through space - something that many have been asking for on this forum.

The stats that I've seen on these quad-wings are not particularly impressive compared to regular quad-wings, so the price must be 50k peds for a reason.

Having not read most of the rest of the thread, I wildly speculate that these quads will be warp-capable closer to space stations than motherships/privateers... I'm taking from inside the blue-zones. The trade off being perhaps that it may take two or three jumps to go planet-to-planet (spacestation-to-spacestation), but what are the chances of someone being there waiting at the points between those two or three jumps?

If I'm right (and I've no reason to suspect that I am) what you would effectively have is an almost completely safe corridor through space - something that many have been asking for on this forum.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...k-Officials-we-are-not-quot-Rich-quot-Enough-)

They are luxury items.
It's not about the specs, just something people should buy to showoff or just a wannahave.

I see two have just been listed on auction with a BO of +52063.00

Such fierce. Much bidding. Very luxury. Wow.

Reactions: Mac

Wrong move, I think. They might have not reached that value anyway, but MA hadn't have to show they agree with such a valuation.

Wrong move, I think. They might have not reached that value anyway, but MA hadn't have to show they agree with such a valuation.

One of the artists said that if he doesn't get salary till end of December - he will not tell where is the rest of red paint hidden is.

Auction data shows that someone bought a Quad Equus on buyout... +52063 PED

Then I confirmed in game that it did in fact happen.

I would say that the ability to fly from SS blue zone to SS blue zone with limited PVP threat would be quite a luxury.

That luxury costs about 100 ped (including fuel).

1) Buy quad
2) Buy space thruster
3) Buy fuel
4) Go to space without lootable items and use your head

Last edited:

1) Buy quad
2) Buy space thruster
3) Buy fuel

... Read book for an hour. :computer:

I would say that the ability to fly from SS blue zone to SS blue zone with limited PVP threat would be quite a luxury.

1) Buy quad
2) Buy space thruster
3) Buy fuel
My bad - I should have said "warp", not "fly." And anyway, like I said previously, it is wild speculation on my part.

Time is money to a lot of people and not everyone has an hour to diddle around doing a slow boat flight from one planet to the other.... they don't log on for the purpose of saving money... they log on to have fun and play the game.

1) Buy quad
2) Buy space thruster
3) Buy fuel

5) Drive into a cloud of locusta, arrive at a space station and find yourself stuck there because you didn't bring repair Tools ;)

Well if warp from blue zone and it's really a luxury no one can touch them :eyecrazy:

or maybe the can warp from any location you are to other planet wiht out even go space :eyecrazy:.

Last edited:
So... no eyebrows raised for a quad selling at some set buyout?

Who set the BO?

Who bought it?

Failed MA attempt to make the rarri seem lucrative? MA buying one themselves for Warren Buffer? :scratch2:

Who set the BO?

Who bought it?

Failed MA attempt to make the rarri seem lucrative? MA buying one themselves for Warren Buffer? :scratch2:

Mindark buying..?
They created them! :laugh:

So now that some (or at least one) of these quads has sold I was expecting to see some sort of feedback on what it can or cannot do, especially with this new warp device.

Or maybe I missed it?

So now that some (or at least one) of these quads has sold I was expecting to see some sort of feedback on what it can or cannot do, especially with this new warp device.

Or maybe I missed it?

The make the quad look noob:ahh: (L) ones

Or maybe I missed it?

"Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable.

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.
"

Its on the mainpage of this forum....

"Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable.

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.
"

Its on the mainpage of this forum....
Stop quoting stuff, mate.

Anyone who has been here any length of time knows that MA never give the full story. I can see the lines - I'm wondering what is between the lines.

Who set the BO?

Who bought it?

I suspect some high roller raised a support case and said something like "I am away for the next three weeks on my island resort, if you are prepared to set a buyout for 52k, I will purchase one or two"

Pure speculation obviously. :)

Stop quoting stuff, mate.

Anyone who has been here any length of time knows that MA never give the full story. I can see the lines - I'm wondering what is between the lines.

The Mindark official already stated its a Luxury vehicle and therefore doesn't has a pricetag that fits the specs for use.

I suspect some high roller raised a support case and said something like "I am away for the next three weeks on my island resort, if you are prepared to set a buyout for 52k, I will purchase one or two"

Pure speculation obviously. :)

Going from " Bidding competition is expected to be fierce" to setting BO for an item with SB 50k at 52,105 peds is an acceptance of failure imo, nothing more nothing less :D

Going from " Bidding competition is expected to be fierce" to setting BO for an item with SB 50k at 52,105 peds is an acceptance of failure imo, nothing more nothing less :D

Must spread rep blah blah blah.

They needed to sell at least one for over 50k so the sheep would all think 50k sb was ok.u

Back