Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

thats exactly what it shouldnt be able to do and im glad mindark considered this when introducing 25 more warpships into a universe that already has 70-80 warpships more then needed for the tasks at hand.

You may have a little bit biased opinion...

They can only carry one passenger, whereas motherships and privateers can carry many. They also don't have any SI.

As they are now, they are a very expensive way to travel fast with no real weight, not even good enough to carry your own stuff after some hunting or mining at another planet.

Aaaand MA reveals this years money grab scheme

Just a thought... nano means smaller so I'm presuming that the nanowarp I will either have a lower tt value or a limited jump range than the crafted warp drives (150 ped tt and unlimited range) I await the actual stats on it with interest...

Or it just means it fits a smaller vessel. Can't believe no one has thought of this...

They can only carry one passenger, whereas motherships and privateers can carry many. They also don't have any SI.

As they are now, they are a very expensive way to travel fast with no real weight, not even good enough to carry your own stuff after some hunting or mining at another planet.

I think the primary role that MindArk intended for these red quads is to be a fighter and not a transport vessel.

So, does the tide turn with weights attached?
If an equus pirate loots past the warp weight, what will the degraded flying speed be? Will it drop to below that of a sleip or even an MS? At some point take away the ability to log off (and on again to die and get revived to SS) and your red devil will be an absolute lame duck!

AND - my weight on planet is about 250 kg before I even start a hunt. Is MA suggesting we sit naked in these things to save weight????

After getting angry this afternoon I actually looked forward to having a good laugh this evening as I'm beyond caring!.... MA did not disappoint me :laugh:

put SB 0 and I would be surprised to see last ones selling at over 30k

Ma was probably planning to offer a top fighter Quad and at same time introducing Warp option to make it more attractive to buy.

It's a damn nice Quad, indeed, just price and number look like very optimistic to me, considering the feature offered.

Equus logo... remove it and they worth 10k more :D

I think the primary role that MindArk intended for these red quads is to be a fighter and not a transport vessel.

They are only slightly faster than an L quad and that's it.

Going to throw my hat into the ring urging MA to re-do the gfx on the quad. This will 100% bring a lawsuit from Ferrari. Not only would they willingly sue, they have to to protect their trademark.

You can not afford a trademark infringement lawsuit MA:wise:

They are only slightly faster than an L quad and that's it.

Yea, but in space thats HUGE.

The range of a Kismet Light Laser is 260m. If your quad and his quad are both the same speed, but he is beyond the 260m range, then you have zero chances of catching him. If you are faster then he is, closing that distance is easy. Furthermore, if you are outgunned by more than one Quad (L), you can easily get away.

Why do I feel like the players here are more likely to start a copyright/anything lawsuit against MA than any potentially infringed entity?

Reactions: das
Why do I feel like the players here are more likely to start a copyright/anything lawsuit against MA than any potentially infringed entity?
Maybe they hope to be rewarded with a RL Ferrari? :scratch2::laugh:

The weight issue I think has to do with the carrying capacity of the storage of the ship or for the new cargo missions, and not what the ava is carrying. I am pretty sure I was carrying way more then the regular quad weight on person. Several times. Equipment, like three different armours, weapons, and tools adds up very fast.

Maybe I read it wrong? :scratch2:

Some years ago there was an event and the winners were awarded unlimited quads. They were just a little faster than regular (L) quads, but otherwise had the same stats, and were not warp capable. Here is one:

quad_ul.jpg

The speed of a Quad (L) is 104.4 km/h vs the 108.8 of the unlimited quad.

Some of the owners tried selling them for 50K PED on auction, one was offered 40K ped but he declined the offer. This was years ago, when Quad (L) sold for over 1K ped each.

So with these new red warp capable quads, its no surprise where MA came up with the 50K figure.

The new red quads are 118.8 km/h

This was years ago, when Quad (L) sold for over 1K ped each.

exactly, at that time the feature that was justifying an high price was the repairable TT of the Quads, used in planet pvp, space pvp and so on... while L Quads was expansive and decay strongly affected owners.

These times are far from today, everyone or close own a Quad and 200% Mu makes the difference very low and way less worthy. And there was just 5 unL Quads ingame, now there will be more too.

After ages now I still haven't broke 1 full TT Quad, so for the most of players the repairability of these vehicles shouldn't worth so much, few k peds or so. That's why we have on these Quads many new and awesome features offered like more speed and unL Warps, with few limits it is mainly usefull to move ourself to others planets, but this is still not comparable with Warp of large ships.

It maybe seems like the horse logo talks more than what we might think, this is obliouvsly a supercar of space vehicles, fast, usefull, just not a cargo vassel, these still are big ships, just not an eco ship due to high price, mostly a nice toy to make space way affordable for rich colonists, and a status symbol to show ofc :lolup:

No I don't like the move from MA but most likely someone is already preparing funds to buy own Equus Class Quad :smoke:

Ignoring the crazy price, the weight limit on warping takes the ship off my list of useful things for me to have. I generally carry over 150kg of gear when I hunt. When I travel between planets I take a lot of non stackables - armour sets, boxes of weapons, stock for my shops. So I get no warp and a slow quad.

To me it looks like this ship is best for players who want to hang around in space with no inventory and hunt other ships and then TT loot at the nearest SS...

Yep, I hope nobody buys any...

"The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg."

The weight of the 2 players in the ship has to be a crazy small amount, or the ship is nerfed... hmm red nerf? maybe not a ferrari copyright issue but a NERF. If the players carry a normal amount, they are slower than a normal quad, and cannot warp. This defeats the purpose of buying a new quad.

If you want to combat Piracy, just carry large amount of dung. This now works on land and space!

Why MA! Why?

So with these new red warp capable quads, its no surprise where MA came up with the 50K figure.

The new red quads are 118.8 km/h

I still can't see the value in it.

Ok so its 50k starting bid and with 25 on offer there is good chance of getting it close to SB but if you compare that to a Privateer with a little SI for the same price there is no comparison.

Privateer=No weight limits,No passenger limits and is upgradable.

The unlimited warp drive seems to be the only part of any value though and worth a few pretty peds but not 50k.

The privateer offers so many more options down the line where as the 'Prancing Quad' is a finished product and has no room to improve and we must know without a doubt that space weapons etc are only gonna get stronger over time.

EDIT: Do we know if the Un(L) Warp drive is removable like the privateers Un(L) Thruster?

Last edited:
The weight issue I think has to do with the carrying capacity of the storage of the ship or for the new cargo missions, and not what the ava is carrying. I am pretty sure I was carrying way more then the regular quad weight on person. Several times. Equipment, like three different armours, weapons, and tools adds up very fast.

The new Quad has more stats than the old quad and that is the "Max Carried Weight" of 100kgs. I'm not sure if MA was thinking this through since a lot do carry way more than 100 Kg on them at any given time without loot.

Last edited:
The new Quad has more stats than the old quad and that is the "Max Carried Weight" of 100kgs. I'm not sure if MA was thinking this trough since a lot do carry way more than 100 Kg on them at any given time without loot.

im 218 KG right now and im carrying no loot , or does this "carried" weight apply to something else ?

These clearly are intended to be attack ships and not transport ships.

The new Quad has more stats than the old quad and that is the "Max Carried Weight" of 100kgs. I'm not sure if MA was thinking this trough since a lot do carry way more than 100 Kg on them at any given time without loot.

I'd find it hard to believe that the weight limit is actual avatar weight as that would leave no room for anything else(equip etc) but then again I thought this whole Equus Quad thing was a poor attempt at a very late april fools so we'll see I guess.

im 218 KG right now and im carrying no loot , or does this "carried" weight apply to something else ?

Unknown...lol...all we need is for one person to buy one. Simple.

With all the new stat changes has JBK or any Mothership owner for that mater taken a look at what stats have been added (or moved/nerf) on a mothership?

I'd find it hard to believe that the weight limit is actual avatar weight as that would leave no room for anything else(equip etc) but then again I thought this whole Equus Quad thing was a poor attempt at a very late april fools so we'll see I guess.

LOL Oh yeah forgot about that point..I was just thinking of MY weight without anyone else in it...MA?

Kim:

If you are reading please give us some more information about these new limitations. If they are going to be an issue most likely you need to think about this a bit more since most likely someone who is not reading the forums is going to buy it and after bought run into this unknown issue.

Support needs to be ready for this as well if it sold since most likely within the first hour after bought will be requesting their money back.

Last edited:
ROFL warp is disabled if you're more than 150kg... I can't remember the last time I could get my weight down below 230.

IOW, ship is pretty much useless, especially for carrying passengers. But hey, it's red, that's gotta be worth 49950 ped at least!

Now how about letting us have some useful new space ships?

Issues
1. MA needs to clarify the Ferrari trademark issue
2. The SB is to high. Anyone paying 50k for these has more money than sense or they are really dumb
3. Why the hell haven't MA changed the design? It's not that hard to come up with a new ship!

Issues
2. The SB is to high. Anyone paying 50k for these has more money than sense or they are really dumb
3. Why the hell haven't MA changed the design? It's not that hard to come up with a new ship!

Agreed. We also need clarification on this:

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.

Does that include the passenger seat???

Issues

If you change an image by 10% you can get around copyright issue (at least in the U.S.). I wonder if they think getting rid of the Italian colors and the initials is enough? I think it is tacky though - they could come up with something different that is still classy...

ferrari-logo.png

Yeah I think it has to do with lootable stuff on your ava rather then equipment etc.

So maybe a clear list of what is lootable and what is not will help clarify what will push the weight limit.

You will know soon enough if your passenger is carrying contraband or not! ;)

If I had the peds I would buy one just for my own personal use. I don't carry lootable items anyway, so it's better for me who wants to travel faster or get involved with a little PVP action with some pirates! :yay:

Hopefully this doesn't make me dumb! :ahh: Besides my RL Ferrari is still on the showroom floor and the transport costs have been nerfed in the last RL VU! :yup:

If you change an image by 10% you can get around copyright issue (at least in the U.S.). I wonder if they think getting rid of the Italian colors and the initials is enough? I think it is tacky though - they could come up with something different that is still classy...

ferrari-logo.png

Yep.

Back