Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

Ummmm!! Interplanetary auction :scratch2: Yeah can't wait to bid on one of these beauties :laugh:

Now .....

.... who at MA headquarter is now driving a brand new red car?

quads.jpg

quad1_755284.jpg

quad2.jpg

Last edited:
Warp Drive has to be attached.... GL getting 50k SB :D

MA is way more optimistic than expected... maybe it's AUD influence :yup:

Quad-Wing Equus Auctions

Auctions for the special-edition Quad-Wing Equus spacecraft have now begun. The listings can be found under the Global Auction section, with a start bid of 50000 PED. Start and end times for the 25 auction listings will be staggered at various hours of the day and over a period of three weeks so that interested parties from all time zones can participate.

Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable.

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.

Originally Posted Here

If these red quads get into the hands of pirates, every person who flys by Quad or Sleipnir is screwed.

The warp flight business just got a lot better. :wise:

An existing pirate is an ambush predictor, waiting for his slow moving prey to come into sight, because as a pirate he is equally as slow. They pick an ambush point, then they sit and wait, sometimes for hours.

With the Red Quads, they truly will be able to go hunt, seek out targets, and warp from Space Station to Space Station on a moments notice. Just one of these things in pirate hands will be felt through all of space when it's out hunting.

I don't think it I'll make much difference.

1) pirates already can fly their quads faster than UL quads if they want to.
2) your investment isn't safe... UL quads were nerfed, these probably will be too in another year.

The only benefit of this ship is getting from planet to planet very fast. Useful, but worth 50k ped? No.

Oh well there's also the benefit to MA's RL Ferrari fund.

On a positive note, the universal auction will mean we won't have to transport many stackables in space.

The new auction changes will mean Calypso auction will dip even lower.

And more pages on PP's AHs? Then yes.

But look right now:

Global: 4
Foma: 11
Caly: 750
CP: 1
Monria: 7
Cyrene: 14
RT: 22
NI: 2
Ark: 148
Toulan: 5

Looks like except Caly and Ark there is no life, for now. Let's see in some time, from my POV - this AH change should affect almost immediately.

And IF it will be positive - amount of pages will increase, and especially at Caly-Ark, since most players are lazy bastards and prefer to stay long on each planet. But global increase of pages will tell about global increase of "economy" and returning of old players.

In case if there Caly-Ark pages will go down and rest will go up a bit - means, it changes nothing playerbase/economy wise.

I truly hope for positive change. Yeah, xmass/newyear and other stuff is in the power too, and Mayhem can influence, but we will see very fast anyway.

I don't think it I'll make much difference.

1) pirates already can fly their quads faster than UL quads if they want to.
2) your investment isn't safe... UL quads were nerfed, these probably will be too in another year.

The only benefit of this ship is getting from planet to planet very fast. Useful, but worth 50k ped? No.

Oh well there's also the benefit to MA's RL Ferrari fund.

1.) all those glitches will be fixed (hopefully) and abusers banned.
2) i doubt

About it being worth 50k? I am sure it is, and i am sure ppl will bid 50k on it as soon as they go on auction (i am sure few of pirates would love to have them, so no more need to glitch to be fast).
If ppl will bid 50k it shows it is worth 50k to them, no need to discuss about it, auction will reveal the truth.

Waiting for auctions to get deserted :popcorn:

looks like you are limited to 100kg on your person when flying it. but can put 40kg into the ships storage.
wonder if pirate flying one gets thrown out if loots over weight limit lol

Any mothership/privateer owners able to check their deeds if cargo capacity has been added to the stats yet?

if 25 for regular quad
10 for warp quad UL
500 for privateer
1000 for mothership

and the cargo box missions are in 100s of thousands of boxes instead of the dozens like I had originally imagined, then it would provide for entertainment and challenges for every level.

Neat- fast taxi

Cargo ma weight 40kg, that must be very low.

no cargo capacities listed for my privateer

Auctions for the special-edition Quad-Wing Equus spacecraft have now begun. The listings can be found under the Global Auction section, with a start bid of 50000 PED. Start and end times for the 25 auction listings will be staggered at various hours of the day and over a period of three weeks so that interested parties from all time zones can participate.

Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable.

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.

Originally Posted Here

So there is nanowarp.. Guess thats lower level warp then warp I and can be taken out with warp mine of the lowest calliber.. Also a ul thruster. :)

Now, this will get interesting :D

Quad-Wing Equus vs Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)

Lets have a look, 118.8 km/h vs 104.4 km/h, Cargo capacity (items) 10 vs 25?, Cargo max weight 40kg vs 81kg?, Max carried weight will see what they mean with that, no SI improvements, and most important no unlimited warp drive, so for a whopping 14.4km/h extra speed and the ability to warp they want us to pay 50k ped?

Lets have a look, 118.8 km/h vs 104.4 km/h, Cargo capacity (items) 10 vs 25?, Cargo max weight 40kg vs 81kg?, Max carried weight will see what they mean with that, no SI improvements, and most important no unlimited warp drive, so for a whopping 14.4km/h extra speed and the ability to warp they want us to pay 50k ped?

Warp drive and thruster is included :p

Regards

Kazanori

AND an unlimited warp drive (priceless compared to current warp drives)
AND an unlimited thruster (worth a couple of K+)

"Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable."

Still, 50k is highly questionable, there is two unknown variables:

1. profitability of missions
2. vulnerability to warp mines

2 doesn't mean shit if there is no 1. So, if there is possibility to profit (REASONABLE) from missions, then there is question about 2. Because, if warp can be disrupted - no maneuverability, speed and firepower can save this cardboard box from 10 space parasites.

Warp drive and thruster is included :p

Regards

Kazanori

Diminished warp drive, and adding a unlimited thruster isn't a initiative to go out and buy this equus for 50k ped, limited thrusters are what 8ped or so and last a while.

50k for that.

Whoever buys this has more money than sense..Oh wait we are in Eu that's half the player base :p

AND an unlimited warp drive (priceless compared to current warp drives)
AND an unlimited thruster (worth a couple of K+)

And the decay of UL WD per warp is unknown.
UL thruster is close to nothing, and on a scale of current investments is just simple ecofaggotry.

What a nice way to get some more cash ...

but is it really worth to have such a ship?

i think it isnt.

why?

compare the stats and then .. think about what will happen in a few months if MA sees that they need even MORE money. So what will they do?

Easy - they will offer the (L) version of the warp drive and they will change the Quadwings.
And? Then we will all have the opportunity to get such a warpdrive.

just be patient and wait and you will have a grey quad with a (L) warpdrive for less you may pay now :)

But do we really need them anymore now that Universe-AU is ingame? Decide yourself later on.

And the decay of UL WD per warp is unknown.
UL thruster is close to nothing, and on a scale of current investments is just simple ecofaggotry.

Hell we don't even know how this "special" warp drive works, literally no info on it except the name, i would like to know if it warps the same as a MS/Privateer or requires more warps to reach a destination.

I do have a feeling this is the first in line of the (NanoWarp) production.

Originally Posted Here

Dear Mindark,

for potential bidders it would be nice to know if the NanoWarp I device can alternately be used in privateers or motherships or if it can exclusively only be fittet in the equus quads.

Dear Mindark,

for potential bidders it would be nice to know if the NanoWarp I device can alternately be used in privateers or motherships or if it can exclusively only be fittet in the equus quads.

Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
Originally Posted Here

Says right there. :)

Aka, can only be used in Equus-class ships.

So i guess when the Equus-class motherships come in they will be able to use the warp, bit NOT current ones.

Back