Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

MA just added Warp capability to small Ships, check this:

attachment.php

Another bid on one of the equus quads arrived.

Hyperion Hype Ayres bid 50k

I suggest you get in line as well if you can afford it, if not, enjoy the bidding show.

I've known Hype from the day he started PE and he is calculative successful EU vet.

Good Luck Hype!

It wouldn't be a surprise if NanoWarp Drives will be in (L) version too for other ships, seems quite reasonable to allow that, expecially to reduce the distance between planets, I am thinking mainly at planets far from Calypso.

Since it is called NanoWarp Drive I it's supposed we'll have NanoWarp Drive II, NanoWarp Drive III and so on in future too. These might be related to the ability to avoid mines and the ability to reduce weight limits too, who knows.

I expect this to happen and to become a common feature everyone can have access to, so we can suppose more ships will have their own NanoWarp device and everyone will be able to travel alone fast between planets :tele:

That would be almost as good as TP, and greatly increase the playability of the game and diversity of experiences available to players, let's hope that it is exactly what MA plans to do, would be a surprisingly clever and reasonable way for them to develop this system.

Since it is called NanoWarp Drive I it's supposed we'll have NanoWarp Drive II, NanoWarp Drive III and so on in future too. These might be related to the ability to avoid mines and the ability to reduce weight limits too, who knows.

It's possible, MA like to leave themselves the option of introducing better versions, but you can't bank on it.

Currently there is only one VSE Mk1 for example. :sweat:

I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread, but I just had a thought that we might see bigger and better anti-grav containers coming.

It wouldn't be a surprise if NanoWarp Drives will be in (L) version too for other ships, seems quite reasonable to allow that, expecially to reduce the distance between planets, I am thinking mainly at planets far from Calypso.

I expect this to happen and to become a common feature everyone can have access to, so we can suppose more ships will have their own NanoWarp device and everyone will be able to travel alone fast between planets :tele:

If that really happens there will be huge 'meetings' and 'slaughter' whereever a warp mine is placed - people will wish they hadnt wished for putting themself 'alone' at risk in the first place.
Warp mines atm still are a tactical weapon to be used to mine for specific targets/flight times, when every unskilled player can warp then mines become a nobrainer for pirates because they can farm the gatepoints consistantly as there will always be new ships dropping out of warp.

If that really happens there will be huge 'meetings' and 'slaughter' whereever a warp mine is placed - people will wish they hadnt wished for putting themself 'alone' at risk in the first place.
Warp mines atm still are a tactical weapon to be used to mine for specific targets/flight times, when every unskilled player can warp then mines become a nobrainer for pirates because they can farm the gatepoints consistantly as there will always be new ships dropping out of warp.

Sounds like warping shouldn't be so predictable.

I will have to check my UL VTOL If that is warp capable it will be cool

Pirates Beware: you are a "Red Shirt!"!

Well I just thought of something rather humorous about the whole Equus Quad Wing INterceptor idea.. and this will make any pirate or sane personthink twice about taking out a bank loan..

It's the color of the ship.. Bright red...

Now if MA had been smart,and I mean really smart, any smart player wants one word.. and that is stealth... and in fact that's the problems when you're in space... Space is darkish grey if not black with a background of small twinking lights.. but because a ship is black on black or dark grey, the end result is you're hardly seen..

And in Monty Python style.. the object of getting through any PVP area is in fact on how to being seen

But come on MA, bright Red?

And then the humor hit me... and this is hilarious..

Now if you think that it only happens in games, then let's put this into real life and I'm going to spell it out with a person.. One
Manfred von Richthofen better known to the world as

"The Red Baron"..

Now Mr. Manfred von Richthofen was in fact a German fighter pilot during the first world war, betwween 1915 and 19and it's not the fact that he wasn't a bad pilot.. he was in fact one of the best war fighters out there shooting dowm some 80 enemy pilots .

But his most famous signature aircraft he flew was in fact, His bright red Fokker DR I triwing airplane..

Note what i jsut said.. Bright red..

Now back in the world war era, the usual camoflague of any fighter aicraft was either blue and or white (Clouds and sky) and not bright red.. And the Camoflauge is the art of Not being seen. But no Von Richthhofen had all his planes panted .. what else? Bright Red.. (after all this is why he was known as The Red Baron..)

But does anyone know how Manfred von Richthofen died?

He took a sincle .303 caliber sniper bullet to his plane which hit him in the chest, and went through his heart and one of his lungs... and who fired this fatal shoit?

Not an aircraft with a machine gun, but rather a land based sniper.. who was carrying a .303 calibne carbiner, who saw the bright red plane that was Von Richthofen's trademark logo, and in the end he got killed.. after killing 80. other pilots. How many more could he have killed if he wasn't red? 100? 200? 500? Who knows? .

But in the end, he died cause he was riding in his trademark bright red.triplane of his..

And finally we come to the future.. and in fact this goes back to a popular and still popuilar franchise.. I'm referring to Star Trek..

annd whatdid the original series have? Security men and women who beamed down with the main character to protect them..

and what were they wearing? Yep , you guessed it.. Bright red shirts..

and what have we learned? Richthofen died in his bright red plane.. and these guys? Well what do you think happens when you wear red? The video is the answer..

So pirates and people who are smart take this simple advce..

"If you're wearing or driving something red... Youre dead..."

Enough said.

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Callsign Coyote)
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (Who loves the Piron PLR-37 Laser Carbine (which is much like a .303 carbine).

Last edited:

I agree with this.

Quad Equus have the same puny SI as a regular Quad (L).

Pirates dont use mines now because there isnt much point. Sure for hours it will disrupt warp flights and make ships easy targets, but people still have enough time to log out of a Mothership or Privateer before they can be looted.

Its pretty much guaranteed that when MindArk makes it so our avatars dont go offline when we log out in lootable PvP, you can bet your ass we will see a lot of warp mines being deployed on a regular basis.

On top of that, any Quad Equus will be easy pickings for any person thats experienced with fighting with a Quad. Speed will be the only hope of escape, but not if pirates are working together.

EU doesn't seem to be in competition with Star Citizen.

Space in EU is a small part of the game, and player base seems to increase a little more than decrease in last years.

In topic... Equus are RED, 50k is too low! :yup:

Yep i have been a little bit cynical in that post i must admit but i am a hangar owner so that must be aloud for me lol.

As for the pice i think there being silly starting at 50k when they could have a bigger total income over the 25 ships with a low starting bid as allot of these might not even sell.

Even more crazy thing is they could have added more at that lower starting bid making even more money.

If its not a case of greed as some have speculated then it sure is a case of someone getting fired over this lol.

About the last part. Several different MindArk Officials has been seen ingame promoting the Quad Equus, so i dont think thats a matter.

This is a very interesting point about the pricing of these ships.

I Think, if MA made them availible to the general player (let's say 5000 ped), then the players having 50 000 on their card and land areas etc would moan, as they did with CLD ("normal" players spending their peds buying CLDs instead of hunting on their land areas, reducing their income).

Just see the thoughts when for instance Monria was sold; "you better not accept smaller investments than 30 000 [to keep the small players off]".

I Think, if MA made them availible to the general player (let's say 5000 ped), then the players having 50 000 on their card and land areas etc would moan, as they did with CLD ("normal" players spending their peds buying CLDs instead of hunting on their land areas, reducing their income).

Just see the thoughts when for instance Monria was sold; "you better not accept smaller investments than 30 000 [to keep the small players off]".

Usually everything that goes above a few k in auction and has several days of auction time will get the interested players to talk with usually results in people synchronising with each other to see if they can avoid paying to much either by teaming up or by negotiating not to bid against another.
This has led to quite some auctions in the past were things sold way lower then they otherwise would have - Medusa was just one very visible example of a process that has been developing and improving over the years.
Especially those with money who are around for several years, start getting to know one another over time and were their interests collide.

The only thing a lower startbid leads to is less money for mindark, the items still go to the same people.

The only thing a lower startbid leads to is less money for mindark, the items still go to the same people.

Well, in a way, yes, if you just see the start bid.

I more thought in the line, if they were made availible to all general players who would want one, for a sum you could practically deposit (without taking bank loans) or by Selling off some items (or even skills).

If shares on monria or medusa would had been availible for say 1k ped (initially) instead of 30k, it would just mean more people would have had an opportunity to join it from the start. For medusa it would had mean normal players would had been able to see even a low investment as 1k ped grow from 1k ped to 5k ped, not just the handful that was invited from the start. For Monria, to be a part of creating something new and to officially be a pioneer.

(I should add, for big estates, it's the one who gets together a Group and manages to buy it who decides who is to be invited and who is to be in the Group in the end - as MA sold both Medusa and Monria as a single "deed" MA has had nothing to do with "invitation" and setting the minimal sum.)

At 50k as start bid, I guess 25 would cover most of the people who have that sum ingame (or could free it up). Even at that price it wouldn't surprise me if a few high level resellers would bid on them.

Last edited:
Well, in a way, yes, if you just see the start bid.

I more thought in the line, if they were made availible to all general players who would want one, for a sum you could practically deposit (without taking bank loans) or by Selling off some items (or even skills).

If shares on monria or medusa would had been availible for say 1k ped (initially) instead of 30k, it would just mean more people would have had an opportunity to join it from the start. For medusa it would had mean normal players would had been able to see even a low investment as 1k ped grow from 1k ped to 5k ped, not just the handful that was invited from the start. For Monria, to be a part of creating something new and to officially be a pioneer.

(I should add, for big estates, it's the one who gets together a Group and manages to buy it who decides who is to be invited and who is to be in the Group in the end - as MA sold both Medusa and Monria as a single "deed" MA has had nothing to do with "invitation" and setting the minimal sum.)

At 50k as start bid, I guess 25 would cover most of the people who have that sum ingame (or could free it up). Even at that price it wouldn't surprise me if a few high level resellers would bid on them.

Mindark has been selling unlimited vehicles and limited vehicles as well as estates - now imagine the argument if mindark started selling unlimited top dps/eco weapons without profession requirements for startbid 1ped and around 1000 of them - do you think this would be balanced ?
I think there would be alot of people out there screeming and shouting how mindark could do such a thing.
The unskilled players sure would be happy for awhile until they realised that if everyone hunts with the same setup then the chance to tip the luck in your favour gets pretty much entirely random and developing the avatar in the game has become pointless.
It is no different with vehicles in lootable space pvp, if you give the best to the majority then you destroy the system in place and remove any possibilty for players to advance over time as they keep playing.
Entropia is such a great game not just because of its RCE but also because there is longterm development possibilties and one can set oneself goals to achieve for many years to come whereas in most other MMO's you are done with real achievements after a few months of gaming.

Vehicles came alot later into the game then weaponry and they were made broadly avaiable to all players, however just like with guns vehicle options are bound to evolve and as time goes on there will be more and more different options avaiable to optimise oneself for the personal playstyle in space pvp - be it to win a fight or to avoid one.

now imagine the argument if mindark started selling unlimited top dps/eco weapons without profession requirements for startbid 1ped and around 1000 of them - do you think this would be balanced ?

I would not be surprised if this was on their drawing board. Transition the game to 95% UnL items then sell uber items from time to time. Or maybe sell L blueprints of UnL uber items.

Mindark has been selling unlimited vehicles and limited vehicles as well as estates - now imagine the argument if ...
ended the quote short - just so you know who I'm asking

What I don't understand is why they made it so, I do understand that it's virtually impossible to change that now due to past investments. But still,I mean, maybe I still don't get the purpose of space:

It's not REALLY meant as a hunting ground right? I mean very few really do that - in terms of total turnover.
So I see it's purpose as being a separation of sorts. A cool/stylish/immersive way of connecting planets that also serves as a divider that lets planets flourish as a group but also separates them.

So following that logic:
I get lootable pvp, I get Motherships, I get slow transport, I get pirates and everything that separates and connects. Even the contrived global auction.

What I don't get is the price tag of the "tools" for that.

I mean, does MA make any significant amount of money from space except warp/repair decay? The few peds hunters/pirates use can't be all that significant? So why make Motherships, Privatiers and unL Quads and such so expensive? Why make PVP there so expensive? ** Does that add to the division of planets?

I guess you could answer: they made their money from the sales of said ships. They wanna earn money from the shots fired in space. They believe it separates much more than lower costs for pvp.

From there side: wouldn't it have made just as much sense to sell many ships "cheap". And have a more stuff happening in space. And a lot of stuff happening with many players pvping would separate just as well? That would have been another selling point for their game, diverse space combat(maybe? ;P). MS could still have made a business. They could have sold it as a 4th profession even. hunting in space is just weird right now. I mean how did they see their design idea go? do you guys really think they meant space to be so "empty"? Do you think they planned and imagined it to end up the way it is? I just can't wrap my head around it. I believe it would have turned out very much differently, and better, if it would have been designed around a cheap cost to participate in space action.

tl:dr-Version:
Why did they design space the way they did? From their view as much as from a "players-fun" perspective? Specifically in regards to initial costs to participate.

Regards
Thark

** Yeah technically they had to stick to dmg/pec cuz there are mobs there. But they could have implemented zones for hunting with normal decay for that so as to not screw with the loot algorithm. possibly w/o pvp.

Looks like a 3rd one now has an opening bid

really? They're all mad or know something we don't.

or they can afford that kind of item that they know many other cant. i cant see ppl whining about clothing prices although they are 100% useless.. these equus are very nice rare items that will be worth more if less is sold (imagine just one fast quad, or two.. they will rule the space). Anyways if you dont buy them i think you shouldnt judge em either, it is free market, and if you cant afford it is noone elses problem.

4th Quad with SB received...

let the bidwar begin :popcorn:

Back