Planet calypso content release 2014.4

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2014.4
2014-12-09
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Pet Center Manager
As a first step in implementing stables, a Pet Center Manager is now located at each stable location that can provide pet buffs. These buff are much the same as buffs provided by consumables, but are only active while the pet is summoned and has reached the “Loved” affection level. The buff duration is real-time and decrements even when your avatar is not logged on. Pet Center Managers can be found at the following locations.

• Fort Ithaca
  • Twin Peaks
  • Port Atlantis
  • Emerald Lakes
  • Cape Corinth
  • Nate Valley
New Pets

• Combibo
  • Cornundacauda
Iron Challenges

• Iron Challenge: Berycled Stage I-V
  • Iron Challenge: Formicacida Stage I-V
Changes

• Crystal Palace domes have received a graphical update.
  • Lots of new items waiting to be discovered.
Creature Sounds
The following creatures have new sound effects:

• Combibo
  • Cornundacauda
  • Hogglo
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue with "Twin Peaks Express" mission waypoint.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause you to get stuck in the dome walls on Crystal Palace.
  • Coprolite bubble tree model is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue with the Gokibusagi being hard to hit when jumping.
  • Grand Formidon now has the correct texture.!

Originally Posted Here

Polished Chrome texture?

The Hogglo Ranch presents a brand new teleporter for easy access:

new_tp_hogglo_ranch.jpg

map3_648707.jpg

new_hogglos.jpg

The Hogglos look nice.

But they have at same time reduced the aggro range and the speed when they run is only 1/3 of what it was.

The Hogglos look nice.

But they have at same time reduced the aggro range and the speed when they run is only 1/3 of what it was.

isn't this a positive for us? It means we don't get mobbed by multiple hogglos and can do more damage from afar before they start ripping our anus.. i mean armor to shreds?

Sweet! Gratz on the TP - that is well needed out there.

Also... new Hog sounds? aww no.!

New pet locations?

I am pleased with this so far. Do the pet buffs cost money?

I am pleased with this so far. Do the pet buffs cost money?
Yep. As I understand Stable owner set the price, not sure if there exist any minimum value or it could be set to zero. :)

I don't want to make any advertising to stable owners, but you could find thread with prices or PM me and I'll drop you the link.

Just now came around a combibo... and the new sound.

It is simply 1 sound ( a wheezing sort of asthma sound) which is horrible. It reminds me of the old "Build" engine games where a sprite only had a few sounds on a loop.. but in this case its only the one.

The old Combibo sound at least varied 3 or 4 entirely different sounds whilst engaging the mob, and was honestly more realistic and fitting, than this "new" 1997 type sound of the same sneeze over and over. This really is not an improvement. With all the bugs going on for months and years... this had to be implemented??? And ok, I understand new sounds is trying to keep up with times and immersion... but this is just another example of a step back. The single sound is ridiculous.

In a way I like it.. it brings back memories of all the old Ken Silverman "build" Games... from before the year 2000.. (DOS based games BTW) when games couldn't handle multiple sounds at once! and now we get that all over again roughly 15 years later!!!

Back