Auto-Disappearing Loot Window

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Folks like the old loot windows, but they hate having to close them all the time.

Can MA make them auto-disappear after a short time, like the current loot lists do?

Just a thought.

If the loot window showed the TT value of the loot, I would go back to using it.

Only if it's an optional setting, then sure. Sometimes it's nice to leave it open and see all the stuff stack up ;-)

:twocents:

here is a neat trick i used long ago. when the loot window appears. follow this sequence of keys. tab ->space bar. it should close the window. it was useful when loot window actually showed the quantity of looted items, now its just icons ;/.

If the loot window showed the TT value of the loot, I would go back to using it.

ditto

i prefer message since it disapear and show TT , loot windows should do same

If it started auto-disappearing I would leave the game. First off, it's ridiculous that the window doesn't show the value...but if I had a good loot window disappear before I was done with it, I would go ape-shit.

It's bad enough playing with the brainless robots that disable it, and their shitty looking screenshots that don't show the true beauty of a good loot, because they have no imagination and don't relish every second of the treasure hunt that comes during the mob after a hof as you sift through the loot window looking for the sneaky ESI.

And if any of you Caly-folk say, "even on HoF's, there is only 3-4 things to look at in a loot window" I will simply pass out from shock at your narrow-mindedness, as I still know where to go to get actual loot. I regularly get loot windows from one kill with 20-25 Items and stacks in it. The other day I got 28 things from one mob on a 200 ped global. Ruin my ESI treasure hunt and see how fast I withdraw. I like adding up the loot as I sift thru the box while I kill the next mob to determine how loot is going. It's more fun than adding it up all at once one the left side of the screen, and then staring at a stupid mob over and over for the other 15 seconds of the kill.

"Oh woohoo guys great Great job...5 digits...we ubered!!!

(meanwhile the weird foreign guy in the team is oblivious to what just happened and keeps killing mobs and cycles the team loot out of the chat window as you are celebrating)

"What you get?" "I got uhhh...shit I forgot to look, I was all excited at the 10k HoF and forgot, now its all mixed in with my other loot...damn what I get? My window closed on me! Wait, let me check chat logs....how do you do that again on Windows 8?...Oh wait, nvm, Bob was running the team loot on EL....what it crashed? Dammit, Bob! Shit, I had like 2k of loot on me I think now I got...huh? I still got 2k? Wait wtf? did I get nothing?...Maybe I had 1k on me...idk...guys, hold on, now I think maybe my loot didn't show up in my inventory...guys? Where you going?"

Touch the loot window and shit will get crazy. Optional fine, I don't mind. But seriously, mess with it, even accidentally, and I will explode.

P.s. Wow, after proofreading this, I see I got a little over-emotional on the subject. Sorry about that.

I like swirls :)

If it started auto-disappearing I would leave the game. First off, it's ridiculous that the window doesn't show the value...but if I had a good loot window disappear before I was done with it, I would go ape-shit.

It's bad enough playing with the brainless robots that disable it, and their shitty looking screenshots that don't show the true beauty of a good loot, because they have no imagination and don't relish every second of the treasure hunt that comes during the mob after a hof as you sift through the loot window looking for the sneaky ESI.

And if any of you Caly-folk say, "even on HoF's, there is only 3-4 things to look at in a loot window" I will simply pass out from shock at your narrow-mindedness, as I still know where to go to get actual loot. I regularly get loot windows from one kill with 20-25 Items and stacks in it. The other day I got 28 things from one mob on a 200 ped global. Ruin my ESI treasure hunt and see how fast I withdraw. I like adding up the loot as I sift thru the box while I kill the next mob to determine how loot is going. It's more fun than adding it up all at once one the left side of the screen, and then staring at a stupid mob over and over for the other 15 seconds of the kill.

"Oh woohoo guys great Great job...5 digits...we ubered!!!

(meanwhile the weird foreign guy in the team is oblivious to what just happened and keeps killing mobs and cycles the team loot out of the chat window as you are celebrating)

"What you get?" "I got uhhh...shit I forgot to look, I was all excited at the 10k HoF and forgot, now its all mixed in with my other loot...damn what I get? My window closed on me! Wait, let me check chat logs....how do you do that again on Windows 8?...Oh wait, nvm, Bob was running the team loot on EL....what it crashed? Dammit, Bob! Shit, I had like 2k of loot on me I think now I got...huh? I still got 2k? Wait wtf? did I get nothing?...Maybe I had 1k on me...idk...guys, hold on, now I think maybe my loot didn't show up in my inventory...guys? Where you going?"

Touch the loot window and shit will get crazy. Optional fine, I don't mind. But seriously, mess with it, even accidentally, and I will explode.

P.s. Wow, after proofreading this, I see I got a little over-emotional on the subject. Sorry about that.

Well... that last paragraph in italics happened to me yesterday. I used to always keep the loot window up but nowadays I play in windowed mode and keep all sorts of crap on the screen. Since I am mostly grinding the loot barely gets interesting so now I prefer the top left list.

However, yesterday I had a HoF and went "woot" and then I realized I was clueless about what was in it. Luckily I had a screenshot of it so I could see exactly what it was. Later on I had a decent sized global in which I only saw a mf chip since the loot went by too fast, so I had to through inventory and found an UL sight.

I would like to have a quick option for closing the loot window, then I would be satisfied with it. Just a hot key.

Yes please bring back option of auto closing loot windows.

I mean how friggen hard is it making an option to allow auto closing or not for loot windows.

It is a static variable and a friggen if statement for gods sake a 3rd grader knows how to do those already in this day and age.

Really hating the static open loot window myself while out hunting.

I now have tons of monitor space so am using the loot window again and finding the static loot window crappy.

Back