Anyone having issues with auction orders?

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
I currently have two auctions with buyouts at or below two different orders for Azzurdite Ingots, and same for amounts too. They aren't being bought though. I haven't sold at the auction for a few weeks, but is this a bug other folks are having issues with too?

There was a change to the way auction orders were processed in last night's vu:
Auction orders will now place bids automatically on offers with no buyout and on offers with buyouts higher than the auction order's maximum bid. The automatic bids will be made at the lowest legal bid amount and the system will continue to raise the bid against subsequent competing bids as high as the order's maximum price will allow. Offers with a buyout price lower than an order's maximum price will be matched immediately at the offer's buyout price, functioning the same as before this update.

I've not sold to auction order since the vu, so I'm not sure if what you're noticing is explained by the above, or whether the change may have created a new glitch.

Last edited:
Given what they wrote, this shouldn't be happening, but it wouldn't surprise me that something got buggy after tweaking how the system works. That's helpful to know something was tweaked though.

I just tried to fill an auction order and it did not work

Edit: worked on the second try

I currently have two auctions with buyouts at or below two different orders for Azzurdite Ingots, and same for amounts too. They aren't being bought though. I haven't sold at the auction for a few weeks, but is this a bug other folks are having issues with too?

I've not sold to auction order since the vu, so I'm not sure if what you're noticing is explained by the above, or whether the change may have created a new glitch.

Just a guess here, but I think this might be the problem.

Auction orders will now place bids automatically on offers with no buyout and on offers with buyouts higher than the auction order's maximum bid. The automatic bids will be made at the lowest legal bid amount and the system will continue to raise the bid against subsequent competing bids as high as the order's maximum price will allow. Offers with a buyout price lower than an order's maximum price will be matched immediately at the offer's buyout price, functioning the same as before this update.

Next, remember that we have to "reserve" PEDs when placing auction orders?

As such...my guess is that the "reserved PEDs" were "depleted/trapped" by those auctions without buyouts and with buyout offers still lower than the auction order's.

Without the necessary PEDs in their reserve pool, there's no way those auction orders could go through.

Last edited:
I had an issue with the auction yesterday where I placed a 24 hour order and some of it ends up being bid on something that won't run out for 6 days so I've now got to wait nearly a week for either the ped or the materials.

I had an issue with the auction yesterday where I placed a 24 hour order and some of it ends up being bid on something that won't run out for 6 days so I've now got to wait nearly a week for either the ped or the materials.

I was wondering if this would happen with the new feature. If its a 24 hour order it should only be bidding on stuff that ends within the next 24 hours. Otherwise peoples peds are tied up which inhibits their game play. Over the course of that week, the same person could have easily turned those peds over 10-20 times.

For those people who need an order filled the same day, they now will have to resort to buying stuff out at a higher price, thus possibly driving markup values higher and in turn possibly discouraging the usage of that resource in the first place.

Another issue I foresee is that if someone places a 24 hour auction order -> Ends up bidding in some 6 day auction with no buyout -> One day or two later...gets overbidded -> Gets nothing in the end from the order.

Another issue I foresee is that if someone places a 24 hour auction order -> Ends up bidding in some 6 day auction with no buyout -> One day or two later...gets overbidded -> Gets nothing in the end from the order.
Yeah, this seems like an ill considered "feature", provided this is how it works.

One potential way to work around this (their own induced) problem would be to withdraw a bid on a sale if the same item shows up on another sale with BO at or below the order.

Example:
  • Buyer puts order for StackType1, max 110%, one day. System takes 1100 PED from Buyer.
  • Seller1 puts 1100 PED of StackType1 on auction för 100 PED. No BO. One week.
  • System bids on Seller1's stack, making the money impossible to use for anything else.
  • Seller2 puts 1000 PED of StackType1 on auction, six days, 110% BO.
At this point the system has broken down, as Seller2 is clearly willing to part with his/her goods immediately for 110%, but the money Buyer1 had are now locked in limbo for potentially a whole week.

What the system could do here is revoke the bid on Seller1's stack, and place it on Seller2's - where it would be served without delay.

This obviously also applies to more recent sales with fitting BO that are smaller than the whole amount of wares requested.

Obviously a miss. I would expect a patch quite soon since it is a five minute fix for them now that they are aware of it. Unless it is a bug...

One potential way to work around this (their own induced) problem would be to withdraw a bid on a sale if the same item shows up on another sale with BO at or below the order.

I highly doubt they will allow auction bids to be withdrawn.

As such, a more plausible option would be to limit the auction orders to such that they will only "buyout" stuff at or below their own regardless of its "auction time left". (Like as usual prior to this VU)

AND

Only bidding on auctions without buyouts or with buyouts higher than their own. IFF its "auction time left" is less than the auction order's.

(Its not a fool-proof workaround...but at least should be better than it is atm.)

ELSE

They could also provide a "checkbox" such that players can opt out of bidding on auctions without buyouts or with buyouts higher than their own order's.

(You have to admit...its a good "system function" to use when your bidding on some things...and bad when your bidding on others.)

Ok, so there is apparently now a way to 'block up' other people's orders by putting stuff up at auction at low mu without BO, and then getting someone else to bid a better price near the end! Seriously MA????!!!!

It's not even manipulation if it can be expected that 'unrelated' people will bid on good prices near the end of an auction anyway, regardless of whether you have a friend waiting on standy at the end time.... The order system is thus now in even more of a mess.
And - it gets more complicated than that too....

MA - please take away the bidding on offers without buyouts!

MA - please take away the bidding on offers without buyouts!

I agree, this was a pretty useless change. Now if it worked in the last 5 minutes of an ending auction, then it would be actually useful.

Seriously, how idiotic coding can you get. One would have hoped that MA would employ people with common sense?

The reason this works on eBay (which is where the idiot got their idea), is cause people bid directly on an item. This will never work with orders....idiots

Rgds

Ace

they should make it so that the bid only takes place when the auction ends the next five minutes..

I think the basic idea is good, but sounds like it need some fixing, but the suggestion that it will only bid when it's like 1 hour left or something like that could be a solution. The best is of course if they add some additional options so you can choice when you make the offers if and how you want to do the bids.

hello, I back this because I had a problem after spending a purchase order for a fi / ra / co beast.
I placed my order tt + 60, so I was charged 123 + 60 = 183ped and was immediately executed tt tt + 178.77 with a 4.22 ped ... so for a total of 183ped.
What is this joke?
I received the message of the sale that says my order was to TT + 60 MAX markup.
I come back from a short break before the game and I never saw that.

I sent a support and that is what I am told:

When you create the order it is for MAX TT + The value you decide.

When the order gets posted in your Message Center the auction tells you the CURRENT TT + the additional you payed.

If you buy a low TT item It Will show as you are paying more profit you arent as MAX TT is not the Saami as CURRENT TT.

I hope this Clarifies the situation it is in according with the numbers you put in, this due to how est the work orders, When Placing an order you pay up front for the TT + The additional Amount it Would Be not so for it to Withdraw more than you've already Given it from your account.

hello, I back this because I had a problem after spending a purchase order for a fi / ra / co beast.
I placed my order tt + 60, so I was charged 123 + 60 = 183ped and was immediately executed tt tt + 178.77 with a 4.22 ped ... so for a total of 183ped.
What is this joke?
I received the message of the sale that says my order was to TT + 60 MAX markup.
I come back from a short break before the game and I never saw that.

I sent a support and that is what I am told:

When you create the order it is for MAX TT + The value you decide.

When the order gets posted in your Message Center the auction tells you the CURRENT TT + the additional you payed.

If you buy a low TT item It Will show as you are paying more profit you arent as MAX TT is not the Saami as CURRENT TT.

I hope this Clarifies the situation it is in according with the numbers you put in, this due to how est the work orders, When Placing an order you pay up front for the TT + The additional Amount it Would Be not so for it to Withdraw more than you've already Given it from your account.

Can you copy and paste the exact reply from support please?

Back