Question: Should MA reduce the start bid on the Equus QUAD?

Should MA reduce the SB on the Equus QUAD?

• Yes, it's not worth 50000 Ped

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • No, it's worth more than 50000 Ped

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Let the market decide!

Votes: 44 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
It's a simple question and a thread we hope MA will look at seriously.
The general response has been a start bid of 50000 Ped is too much.
Should MA reduce this to say 10000 Ped and see what the bidding and market dictates the price to be?

Cheers
Bjorn

Should MA reduce this to say 10000 Ped and see what the bidding and market dictates the price to be?

Cheers
Bjorn

If they dont get 50k SB first time around, they will have to lower it. However, from what i have seen so far in EU that scenario might not happen. Also, MA have learned from past experience ( remember Medusa) that setting it low puts them at a disadvantage. So worst case, we will see a reverse auction happening. Best case, we have a bid war among the "investors" to buy these for 100k each.

Personally i wish it goes to 100k as I would rather MA have better liquidity making EU more sustainable.

Great question!
I personally would LOVE to see none sold at that price. Seems like most everyone thinks it is overpriced and I agree. I rather have MA get more liquidity from NEW PLAYERS than sapping the money of the current ones.

They shall make all big "ped squeze" start at 1 ped SB...long live Medusa's Head ;)

Cheers
Bjorn

Honestly, I feel 50k may well be a fair price. I mean look at what the UL quads went for. I wouldn't mind this at a +10k sb though, lol you would see me bidding if that were the case! Of course, I would never be caught paying 50k lol.

Somebody needs to start a pool on how many actually sell the first time around.

if only 5-10 equis quads were sold for 50k, and I was MA, I would just delete the rest from the database and reward those who took the risk.

MA has learned their lesson, they don't want to introduce these at too low of a start bid, otherwise all they are doing is feeding resellers, like me, who would buy up a batch of them and resell them.

Its smart for MA to introduce the high start bid on these kinds of items

The market will decide if its too high or not.

The fact is though that you can earn ped with the Quad Equus. How much is yet to be seen but if a person is willing to be a pirate, willing to do cargo missions, and also willing to warp passengers from planet to planet, I think an average of 500 per week for a very active player isnt hard at all.

Historically in EU, anything that can earn ped has a high selling price. Because this would be an "active" investment and not "passive" like CLD, the ROI would be expected to be dramatically more than CLD and other passive investments in game.

Look at unlimited mining amps for example.. the higher level ones cost hundreds of thousands of peds, and for the people who know how to use them, they are 100% worth it.

The same will be true for the Quad Equus.

if only 5-10 equis quads were sold for 50k, and I was MA, I would just delete the rest from the database and reward those who took the risk.
I see this happening before they think about lowering the price.

I see this happening before they think about lowering the price.

I don't see either happening, because it doesn't cost them anything to keep the jets in auction until they eventually sell. Much like deeds, they will sit till they get sold to the general public or some 'enthusiastic buyer'

MA has learned their lesson, they don't want to introduce these at too low of a start bid, otherwise all they are doing is feeding resellers, like me, who would buy up a batch of them and resell them.

Its smart for MA to introduce the high start bid on these kinds of items

The market will decide if its too high or not.

The fact is though that you can earn ped with the Quad Equus. How much is yet to be seen but if a person is willing to be a pirate, willing to do cargo missions, and also willing to warp passengers from planet to planet, I think an average of 500 per week for a very active player isnt hard at all.

Historically in EU, anything that can earn ped has a high selling price. Because this would be an "active" investment and not "passive" like CLD, the ROI would be expected to be dramatically more than CLD and other passive investments in game.

Look at unlimited mining amps for example.. the higher level ones cost hundreds of thousands of peds, and for the people who know how to use them, they are 100% worth it.

The same will be true for the Quad Equus.

Edit: Asked a stupid question that was answered within the post...

if no one pays the peds for sb, just give the vehicle to a PP avatar like Kim's and have them take on the role of pirate since they are blowing company peds in game anyways. :)

After a half year have that pp avatar sell it off in auction or in p2p sales.

if no one pays the peds for sb, just give the vehicle to a PP avatar like Kim's and have them take on the role of pirate since they are blowing company peds in game anyways. :)

After a half year have that pp avatar sell it off in auction or in p2p sales.

The last time a Planet Partner decided to be a pirate it didn't go over so well and I think that planet is still paying the price for it today.

The last time a Planet Partner decided to be a pirate it didn't go over so well and I think that planet is still paying the price for it today.

True... but it'd be a better solution to no bidders than relisting the auction, or doing like Arkadia did with the AUDs and putting them in an npc broker that still has not sold em all off yet as of today while markup on market history is dropping below the npc's price, almost ensuring that npc won't sell out any time soon.

The only justification I can see is that it can warp, a basic warp capable ship was always 50k peds anyway...
Other than that its just a quad, a very nice one ;)
I just hope someone will let me pilot one someday :tp:

Can you mention names or at least what planet this was that a pp was a pirate?

It's a cool gesture, but won't make them the rest 75-100k$ they're craving for. Also it's an acknowledgement of poor judgement and grasp of their own market, which is much worse.

If I was MA, in such situation I would buy the rest with fake avatars for 60-70k+ each (with "fierce bidding"!) and a few weeks later released a new set of quads with different stats and prices - say, 40 quads at 25k ped, no warp, no cargo limits, 250km/h speed. I see a Dodge-styled black-orange Quad Argo with Argo head on the logo :D

Outcome: they saved face AND got the money.

No.

You don′t want a pirate to have the chance to obtain one of these for a reasonable price. :wise:

Poll unfortunately does not provide for this answer. :dunno:

Dutch auction stating at higher price would be cool, buyout ticks down each day till bought.

Have you considered that they do come with UL Thrusters and UL NanoWarp Drives (however efficient those are). Some probably would pay 50k PED just for a UL WarpDrive and think I seen a UL Thruster sell once for little under 10k or was like a bid in AH for one for like 9k or something a long time ago.

Pretty sure at 50K they will sell, just wait until the auctions start to time out people will be picking them up last second.

UL WarpDrive and think I seen a UL Thruster sell once for little under 10k or was like a bid in AH for one for like 9k or something a long time ago.

You do know that the warp drive which is UL is meant only for equus class of vehicle meaning it cannot be put on the MS/privateers etc. As for ul thruster last ones went for 3-4k and nowhere near the the 10k which they used to when they were introduced.

As for whether they will sell or not, I would certainly hope they do. :)

i would have put them at 1 million peds there must be a fool out there that would have baught one to get there name other there and say oh look so and so baught a ship for xxxxx dollars

the way i see this game is there not there for the moist players just for a select few

sell 25 at 50 k a pop or more or sell 250 or more of them for 5k or more to stop the resellor just need to say we can put more up than what we sell if we see they keep selling we keep posting

its eather they dont want poeple in space

when they first made the game they should only made 100 guns for the hole population

irc i think these will sell. i would bet most people wont place their bids till the very end to try and hide their name etc.

The high price is probably there just to "benefit" the already existing UL ships (motherships, privateers, etc) so they doesnt drop in value over night. Thats the first reason i come to think about...

The other reason i think of is more aimed to the speculative business -> the space missions will be very profitable and a UL quad is very important in that aspect.

half of pirate player base is in bank taking a loan to buy own Equus, I bet they sell too, just none of these will be helpfull vs pirates because they will have their own :)

I say raise it, it is red!

Back