Really? H-DNA and Lootpills lootable in PVP

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
So, I just unloaded my inventory into storage before going to FOMA. I looked it over entirely and decided none of the items I had left in it were ones to unload. I had some H-DNA and Lootpills on me for my arrival at FOMA but recalled in the past that lootpills weren't even tt'able so who would think they were lootable in PVP? I would have assumed these 2 items were unlootable in space given the fact that welding wires and ammo aren't. For a while, you couldn't even tt lootpills after buying them so I operated under an assumption that they couldn't be looted as well (I believe this was tested).

I don't really give a shit about losing the items (of course never thrilled about it), I just wonder how players are supposed to know what is lootable and what isn't when "stackables" isn't always the way to tell?

This game needs to more clearly label the lootable items or at least write a more detailed message on PVP entry. I am an experienced player who really considered all lootable items before entering space. I wonder what a person who plays casually loses each time they enter...

So, I just unloaded my inventory into storage before going to FOMA. I looked it over entirely and decided none of the items I had left in it were ones to unload. I had some H-DNA and Lootpills on me for my arrival at FOMA but recalled in the past that lootpills weren't even tt'able so who would think they were lootable in PVP? I would have assumed these 2 items were unlootable in space given the fact that welding wires and ammo aren't. For a while, you couldn't even tt lootpills after buying them so I operated under an assumption that they couldn't be looted as well (I believe this was tested).

I don't really give a shit about losing the items (of course never thrilled about it), I just wonder how players are supposed to know what is lootable and what isn't when "stackables" isn't always the way to tell?

This game needs to more clearly label the lootable items or at least write a more detailed message on PVP entry. I am an experienced player who really considered all lootable items before entering space. I wonder what a person who plays casually loses each time they enter...

I agree. Sometimes I double guess myself (most recently with Shrapnel.. not sure if it's lootable or not) with items and I get paranoid and have to ask around. A simple indicator on the corner of an item or in the info screen would suffice, and it would help everyone know which items they risk losing when entering into lootable pvp with them.

Hmm sounds like something about 1/2 the player base already said but MA is to stupid to understand, yes STUPID because they apparently don't understand something this simple....

They didn't use to be as loot pills at one time weweren't tradable. Then without warning, they wwere made lootable. The one and only time I've ever been looted in space.

So yes I agree with a label and a warning that you are leaving atmosphere with lootable items in the inventory.

I think MA should display in a new window, like TT window, all items and total value that you risk loosing when you are about to enter in lootable pvp.

There should be a warning message and an info screen listing all the items and their value that you carry and which are lootable every time you are going into lootable space.
This message should pop up for every pilot and passenger and needs to be confirmed before access to space is given.
This message even should pop up after privateer/mothership summons as a second confirmation window were one still has the option to decline the summon even if agreed to it in the first place.

There should be a warning message and an info screen listing all the items and their value that you carry and which are lootable every time you are going into lootable space.
This message should pop up for every pilot and passenger and needs to be confirmed before access to space is given.
This message even should pop up after privateer/mothership summons as a second confirmation window were one still has the option to decline the summon even if agreed to it in the first place.

Suggested this in a support case they basically responded they already warn you, because it says all STACKABLES blah blah blah. They seem to not be concerned with it and love the idea of being ninja looted by yourself.

Support answer to my SC about that:

There has never been any specific category for lootable items, lootable items are any stackable item which is not consumed by a tool or is a deed.

This includes H-DNA chips and booster pills along with Animal name tags and various other items.

Also stacks of PED/PEC are not lootable

This, from Andy's post above, at least comes close to a working definition:
lootable items are any stackable item which is not consumed by a tool or is a deed

...but, for heaven's sake, pet name tags? That's even crazier than loot pills.

I think MA should display in a new window, like TT window, all items and total value that you risk loosing when you are about to enter in lootable pvp.

Great idea gets my vote.

Everyone knows which tabs to look under before going to lootable. So either im mistaken and these are going into some other inventory tab which now also stores lootables or someone is getting old and sloppy :silly2:

Last edited:
Everyone knows which tabs to look under before going to lootable. So either im mistaken and these are going into some other inventory tab which now also stores lootables or someone is getting old and sloppy :silly2:

Use to be all were in resources and materials, now some are in mindforce who knows maybe something else in some other inventory location.

Not to mention you have to maticulously go through ever vehicle cargo spot, ever box type container you carry etc every single time in space to ensure you never temporarily put something in them and forgot etc.

System could be 1000x better then this we have computers this is a computer game why are we manually fricken having to do this and waste so much time. It is not fun to have to do this in game and is retarded to have to do it every single time.

For clarification, another part of support answer:

Reason why is design choices.
We are planning to add clearer notification about what is lootable and what is not.

But now we have only what we have...

Use to be all were in resources and materials, now some are in mindforce who knows maybe something else in some other inventory location.

Not to mention you have to maticulously go through ever vehicle cargo spot, ever box type container you carry etc every single time in space to ensure you never temporarily put something in them and forgot etc.

System could be 1000x better then this we have computers this is a computer game why are we manually fricken having to do this and waste so much time. It is not fun to have to do this in game and is retarded to have to do it every single time.

K i see what your saying. Dindt realise those go in MF tab (i dont use em)

I just wonder how players are supposed to know what is lootable and what isn't when "stackables" isn't always the way to tell?

The way I do it when I want to know if something is lootable, is to get an antitoxic shot and ask a friend or socmate to shoot me in pvp3/pvp4. If I don't mind giving the way the peds for the antitoxic shot to a pro pvp:er and the stackable is of almost no value, randomly jump around in pvp4.

I Think it's the only safe way, when in doubt.

in 2020? ... they don't care ... why even bother

Messages from Shop are broken from feb-2014. Maybe they are never fixed. Maybe they be fixed tomorrow. Who knows? :scratch2: Situation is the same

Thou shall read or google all EU forums before entering lootable areas to be safe! :wise:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...onse-regarding-PVP-loot-on-starter-pack-items

MA' should get of their asses and start to work work and send some H-DNA to this man!

Great idea gets my vote.

+2

Support answer to my SC about that:

There has never been any specific category for lootable items, lootable items are any stackable item which is not consumed by a tool or is a deed.

This includes H-DNA chips and booster pills along with Animal name tags and various other items.

Also stacks of PED/PEC are not lootable

Thank you for this intel!

Can we bump this to the top every min as to keep it there or can we put this on the front page?! :) Please! :beerchug: I'll even pay some cash via paypal to add to the advertisement section if someone is willing to set it up! :yup:

Holy $hit!!! Star has spoken!!! Maybe MA will actually listen???? There was a thread awhile ago about a support case someone made regarding the loss of either one of those items (I forget) and they basically said tough crap. The logic that an item wasn't trade-able makes it perfectly reasonable to say it isn't trad-able, how are you supposed to know when they change that or not?
My logic is that you can only get H-DNA from buying one the webshop - which is account specific and mostly contains Universal Ammo - which is non-trade-able as well!
I also "lost" some H-DNA in space - and I didn't care about the loss either - just think that's it's so stupid that someone can loot that. IT'S MY DNA!! I bought it from their webshop along with ammo that I can't even TT.

Thanks for making the thread. MA get your act together...

F-Pirates

First they came for them... then, they came for the others.. lastly they will come for you.

Is an ugly modern proverb (enriched by yours truly) - few will be privy of the initial reason - and for the case at hand may seem really displaced, but it will make I think my point: sanctified robbery, and any supporting of it, is wrong even in VR.

Question is: Will such a new system be clear enough?

I bet 1k dung that we would get whiny threads like"oooooh how was I supposed to know that everything in the 'this can be looted from you'-window was lootable? ".

I agree though, some sort of clarification is needed.

Support already answered me on this case. As you may have guessed, shit out of luck.

"2014-12-11 14:53 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Star,

To some extent you are correct, we will and are updating the way they are marked so it is easier to see however the rules are the same and have always been the same, Loot collection pills and H-DNA chips have been lootable in space since their release.

The loot rules for space are: All stackable items are lootable UNLESS they are a deed, a pedstack or consumable in an item.

H-DNA chips, Boosters, Loot pills are all lootable in space as they are not consumed by an item but by the avatar.

This is not something we are compensating for and it has been like this for quite some time, I understand your frustration but it is the same for everyone, people work under the same information unless you talk with others to get to know more, it is how it is.

Take care and best of luck in the future.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support"

I'm 99.9999% sure that the loot pills were NOT lootable when they first came out. They weren't even tt'able. As for H-DNA, it is in the same section as Mind Essence which is NOT lootable. I looked at these items when evaluating my trip to space, I even removed my nutrio bars and gazzurdite prior to flying up. I converted my shrapnel to ammo as well.

The answer is a good one in respect to what can and can't be looted though - "or consumable in an item."
Lootpills and H-DNA aren't consumable in an item, they are directly consumed. This explains what is and isn't lootable a bit more than I'd noticed. The main issue I have with this is that it doesn't ALWAYS apply. Does this now mean that the rewards for Halloween/Xmas consumables are now lootable? Or the mission items like Pumpkins or DSUs can be lootable? No. So it doesn't actually give enough information yet.

Last edited:
My support case dated 2013-07-19 20:05:
I'd like to see some kind of symbol on vehicle icons (or mouseover text) indicating that the vehicle got something in its inventory. I keep a few vehicles in storage and I use some of them as storage containers, and Id like them to stand out.

Also, on some occations there is a wish to see indirect contents in a list like:
-list of items in estate deed info (when buying, I assume they can be sold with content)
-list of lootable items when entering space (easy to forget something stored in vehicles)

This case can be closed upon forwarding to devteam. No need to reply.
And the [boring] reply
2013-07-19 21:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and I have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.

We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Release Notes on the website.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

wasnt just 2 tab that could be looted were the loot you hunted and mining and what they said like amo and a few others stuff that coultnd be looted now they make a new item that will go in other tabs that someone has to be the ginnypig in looteble zone to loose there item

good for pirates when something new come out and ppoeple forget to take it out not because they forgot becasue the didnt know it could be looted

We are working on finding a solution to this problem as soon as possible, you are right in that it should be absolutely clear what is loot-able and what isn't.

I think when entering PVP there sholud be a msg with a list of all lootable items which are on you (possible with tt value). Or at least an action which would shows up such info.

We are working on finding a solution to this problem as soon as possible, you are right in that it should be absolutely clear what is loot-able and what isn't.

If a check on all players inventories every time they move to space is to much serverload, please consider having a few terminals ingame or a button integrated in storage terminals to autotransfer all lootables from player to storage.

If a check on all players inventories every time they move to space is to much serverload, please consider having a few terminals ingame or a button integrated in storage terminals to autotransfer all lootables from player to storage.

Right now the option is to manually open boxes and check inside, rendering every (checking color, texture etc), and thought it's probably a great del more of client work, an automated check could probably be made by the server somehow. After all, this check is done "each time" you get shot down.

Practically, I usually put my hunting loot in quad storage because it will prevent me to at least fly off with the quad if I don't empty it first (into storage on planet). Downside of using vehicle for hunting loot is the inconvenience that opening vehicle storage locks movement, for some reason, so you can't do anything else while opening vehicle storage - so I usually don't go through every container every time I go into space (unfortunately).

I got container-in-container for things like clothes and Blueprints.

Back