Please Stop Giving So Many UL as Prizes

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Every single UL item given as prizes in all these contests, plus all the UL drops in hunting is a huge attack on the mining & crafting community.

Better to give specialized (L) BPs + enough of the control ingredient for three tries. The other ingredients should be basic, like Blaus, Alice, and a low level component from comp BP book 1.

Now there's the choice. Do you:
  • Click them yourself (if you have enough skills to make it worth the try)
  • Sell to high-end crafter
  • Make deal with crafter to click for you
  • Sell on auction
  • Etc. etc.

Yes there's chance to either have all 3 fail, or all 3 succeed. But regardless, you also include the miners and the crafters.

Stop giving items to hunters and ignoring the crafters/miners.

Thank you

Or even better:

Make events for miners and crafters.

Or even better:

Make events where a score is based on teamwork between hunter, crafter and miner. Hunter and miner brings special event resources to crafter who clicks the event bp and the result of that makes the score.

Edit: And add prizes to that there is something for everyone. Who is what in which team should be determined at event registration and prizes distributed thereafter.

Unlimited items as prizes are the EXACT reason why people participate in these events in the first place.

Well, that is what we have with WOF... limited shit.. and NO ONE is happy about it. Remove UL as prizes and mayhem will be won at every level with a TT weapon.

You do understand how much larger the hunting community is to the mining/crafting communities right?

I am primarily a miner and I do not want ul items in mining from events/etc. Miners can get huge markup from ores, we don't need some extra UL items.

I do feel that there should be some new ul drops from crafting though, but either way hunting is still the top dog of professions for the most part.

And as Hardwrath said, what is the point of participating in these events if there aren't many prizes making it worthwhile?

If anything, I want taming to drop some UL items or become worthwhile to skill up.

Last edited:
How about making the UL prize items bound to one owner. The prize can be given out as a claim ticket that can be traded. Then once item is claimed it is bound to the person and item only be sold to TT

How about making the UL prize items bound to one owner. The prize can be given out as a claim ticket that can be traded. Then once item is claimed it is bound to the person and item only be sold to TT

Why should it be account bound? This isn't WoW. The game economy works based on people being able to trade items, and certain items benefit certain players more - so why lock the item? What happens if that person decides to quit and sell out? An item that is worth 50k PED is suddenly worth 100 PED, doesn't really seem fair, does it?

John, you keep making these posts about UL items from hunting/events being bad - and they should be BPs for crafters. I'm certain you could put all of this into one thread. But consider that mining and crafting offer more items with good MUs on a daily basis. Most of the crap I loot while hunting has very little MU. I hunt, as do most, in hopes of finding that rare UL item. We don't hunt for the crap MU items.

It sucks when I loot a level 80-90 (L) item and it has a 100.5% MU, from the ONE that sold a month ago.

Every single UL item given as prizes in all these contests, plus all the UL drops in hunting is a huge attack on the mining & crafting community.

Better to give specialized (L) BPs + enough of the control ingredient for three tries. The other ingredients should be basic, like Blaus, Alice, and a low level component from comp BP book 1.

Now there's the choice. Do you:
  • Click them yourself (if you have enough skills to make it worth the try)
  • Sell to high-end crafter
  • Make deal with crafter to click for you
  • Sell on auction
  • Etc. etc.

Yes there's chance to either have all 3 fail, or all 3 succeed. But regardless, you also include the miners and the crafters.

Stop giving items to hunters and ignoring the crafters/miners.

Thank you

i would absoluttely disagree with you because :

1. Craft 90% is gample and 10% people trying to proffit from craft.( no need invest to armor, guns)
2. Mining is 95% proffitable and 5% of gample with lvl13 in foma. ( no need invest to armor, guns or alot skills)
3. Hunt is 0 % of gabmle + 10% of proffitable hunt and 90% of chance to get something worht alot mu% (hunters to have proffis should have at least 50 k worth stuff)

not allways was same . but now i hear only this discussions.

UL prizes are the only reason players do these events.

You're wrong again John, just like you were in your thread asking for them to stop dropping UL items in hunting loot. If they were to take your advice, there would be no hunters and the only winners would be the big time crafters with deep deep pockets. Shame on you, you should know better. :wise:

I think there is room for debate here.. I think the UL prizes are the exact reason people participate in the events yes.. But I feel it is the Value of these UL prizes is what keeps pepople interested much more so than the items themselves.. swapping UL prizes out with huge stacks of peds or shrapnel could definitely work too imo

Back