virtual tycoon

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Can someone please explain to me why MA made an Entropia app and called it Virtual Tycoon? For those not in the know, they would search entropia and completely dismiss it , cause of the stupid name

Rgds

Ace

'cause they're ashamed of how badly it work?

It does work pretty badly. Every time I search for an auction items, it times out. It is however not bad for crafting while sitting at work or school. But if you hit swirlies, I doubt if you will see it.

One can only hope that VT isn't the example of how good ComPet will be... VT is a disaster.

Last edited:
Search etc... really sucks on it.
But crafting has proven to be really stable even on a poor quality 'edge' network.

One can only hope that VT isn't the example of how good ComPet will be... VT is a disaster.

Compet is purely web based i.e. browser hosted (atleast that's the impression) I'm hoping it's html5 as flash will render it unusable on most mobile and tablet devices.

I tried to use it , probably have a 10% success rate actually getting it to connect,
gave up on it lol

I really like VT even it is very unstable. Purging there APP from cache is a good workaround if it is "Connecting Server".

What I really miss at the moment is inter- planet auction function.

I hope MA gives VT some love soon.

I agree, VT needs serious overhaul, but if you can figure out the issues (lag out, search don't work - need to search by category, etc), it's functional. I use it all the time. It really needs is an option to purchase TT materials (probes/nanocubes) because they are needed in crafting.
What it really needs is a functional search and a refresh button (after selling mats, PED card doesn't update unless you sell something on auction for BO, and after buying mats, you they don't show in inventory until relog).

For those not in the know, they would search entropia and completely dismiss it , cause of the stupid name

Actually, if you search "entropia" in google play or app store the first search result is Virtual Tycoon. So, for those that who are not too lazy to check the results, they should be able to find the app. ;) Though i still agree that the app name is pretty stupid...

for the same reason that they tried to elect a "president of virtual reality" rather than just a "president of entropia", MA lost focus on their core product.

is virtual tycoon app is still available to download? I can't find it on google play :scratch2:

On Apple it is now called 'Entropia Pocket'

Rgds

Ace

ty, do you know how its called on android? Entropia pocket I have installed but its used for authentication only.
On google app store I found just 1 app from mindark (entropia pocket which I already have).

ty, do you know how its called on android? Entropia pocket I have installed but its used for authentication only.
On google app store I found just 1 app from mindark (entropia pocket which I already have).

My apologies, the coffee hadn't kicked in - i thought you were looking for the authentication app.

Virtual tycoon, i have no idea about.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: looks like the program has been removed

Back