Help New Player or Free Weekly Events : 12,000 PED Per Week

Status

LuckyMan87

Mature
Banned
Zwierzak
As part of an effort to stimulate the economy further, and help with the growth of the game, I have earmarked 12,000 Ped Per Week from my CLD income to be used in one of the following two ways.

1. Paid Positions for qualified individuals in the community to better assist new players, and supply them with a starter pack for free.

a.- Would range from 1000 ped ($100) to 2000 ped ($200) per week per worker.

b.- With the help of a community I would acquire packs based on one or two of the 3 Main Classes. ( Hunting to me seems one of the easiest, however mining seems like it would provide a much stronger / higher ROI keeping them playing longer ) This can also include a lesson in trading / auction etc ( see c )

c.- The development of a comprehensive beginners / professions guide that will be continually updated to account for any changes within the game. I understand there are numerous guides out there, however I would like to get together those individuals in professions who have experienced a level of success that can contribute to the guide in a meaningful way, with the thought in mind that this is to help the stability and growth of the game over the long term. The communities involvement in this is crucial as the community knows best in regards to what to expect as a new player, experiences in the past you have had that have been beneficial etc. I don't want to take up this entire thread elaborating, but long story short I would earmark 10,000 ped ( $1000 ) for the creation of such a guide with the idea it will be updated etc.

2. Weekly Ingame Events

a.- This would be Free ingame events for different levels of game player to support the community directly with 12,000 ped being given away each week. or 48,000 ped per month.

b.- This would require the acquisition of various land areas to account for the various skill levels of players participating ( low to high level players ) The taxes used from these events would be dedicated to a smaller scale version of Option 1 ( New Player Support )

c.- Would require different amounts for each level of skill so to not isolate one class of player from getting no financial support.

There are allot of + and - to each of these which are to be considered, and barriers would have to be thought of to prevent the exploitation of such initiatives ( someone creating multiple accounts to get kits etc or colluding to win events weekly ) but I thought the best place to finalize this idea would be with the communities help.

Why would I want to do this? : Simple, I can make more money over the long term, while simultaneously helping the community grow / prosper.

Through my research I have noticed that planet partners have struggled on two fronts.

1. Marketing - None have really capitalized on everything that this unique platform offers through any real marketing. The initial marketing should be kicked off with a big event. I understand the first big waves came through the news of Club Neverdie and Treasure Island sales. It made people say wow this much money is changing hands in a virtual world in a game I can play for free? Knowing that this type of news has caused two main gains in the population of this planet is very valuable information that has not been fully utilized. I won't go much deeper into this, however I have many ideas which I feel confident would succeed.

2. New Player Retention Rates - Because of a lack of the above I have proposed, there is no where near enough new player support to keep people playing the game once going through the processes to land on calypso. I have personally on numerous occasions had friends make accounts, and try to figure the game out and see what help they received. It was a terrible experience and can be vastly improved. This needs to be done from a ground up approach in a way we can do without the help of any developer. Direct interaction with another human will never be replaced as the best learning tool, we need to capitalize on this.

I do this with the idea that in the future I will be able to create my own marketing campaign, bring in my own new players, and receive decay % profits from such accounts. The most important part for ANYONE who wants to do something like this, is to have a place where the new can survive and learn. If they join the game and quit after a few days not one person wins from this.

I welcome any and all comments public or private. I thank you for your time for reading through this wall of text.

This is a noble goal that I support! Let me know if I can help in any way, happy to volunteer!

-Scurvy Sityl.

Very interesting... Subscribed.

I only have one question:

- Are you Jesus?

subscribed, this seems very very interesting

very good initiative. This will benefit everyone and the game +rep (although couldn't rep twice)

this all sounds very nice,a lot of work though but inspirational

Very nice idea and very generous. :) Next phase would be to build your own planet! ;)

Gl with your plans, and have fun! :beerchug:

As part of an effort to stimulate the economy further, and help with the growth of the game, I have earmarked 12,000 Ped Per Week from my CLD income to be used in one of the following two ways.

1. Paid Positions for qualified individuals in the community to better assist new players, and supply them with a starter pack for free.

b.- With the help of a community I would acquire packs based on one or two of the 3 Main Classes. ( Hunting to me seems one of the easiest, however mining seems like it would provide a much stronger / higher ROI keeping them playing longer ) This can also include a lesson in trading / auction etc ( see c )

c.- The development of a comprehensive beginners / professions guide that will be continually updated to account for any changes within the game. I understand there are numerous guides out there, however I would like to get together those individuals in professions who have experienced a level of success that can contribute to the guide in a meaningful way, with the thought in mind that this is to help the stability and growth of the game over the long term. The communities involvement in this is crucial as the community knows best in regards to what to expect as a new player, experiences in the past you have had that have been beneficial etc. I don't want to take up this entire thread elaborating, but long story short I would earmark 10,000 ped ( $1000 ) for the creation of such a guide with the idea it will be updated etc.

2. Weekly Ingame Events

a.- This would be Free ingame events for different levels of game player to support the community directly with 12,000 ped being given away each week. or 48,000 ped per month.

b.- This would require the acquisition of various land areas to account for the various skill levels of players participating ( low to high level players ) The taxes used from these events would be dedicated to a smaller scale version of Option 1 ( New Player Support )

c.- Would require different amounts for each level of skill so to not isolate one class of player from getting no financial support.

There are allot of + and - to each of these which are to be considered, and barriers would have to be thought of to prevent the exploitation of such initiatives ( someone creating multiple accounts to get kits etc or colluding to win events weekly ) but I thought the best place to finalize this idea would be with the communities help.

Why would I want to do this? : Simple, I can make more money over the long term, while simultaneously helping the community grow / prosper.

Through my research I have noticed that planet partners have struggled on two fronts.

1. Marketing - None have really capitalized on everything that this unique platform offers through any real marketing. The initial marketing should be kicked off with a big event. I understand the first big waves came through the news of Club Neverdie and Treasure Island sales. It made people say wow this much money is changing hands in a virtual world in a game I can play for free? Knowing that this type of news has caused two main gains in the population of this planet is very valuable information that has not been fully utilized. I won't go much deeper into this, however I have many ideas which I feel confident would succeed.

2. New Player Retention Rates - Because of a lack of the above I have proposed, there is no where near enough new player support to keep people playing the game once going through the processes to land on calypso. I have personally on numerous occasions had friends make accounts, and try to figure the game out and see what help they received. It was a terrible experience and can be vastly improved. This needs to be done from a ground up approach in a way we can do without the help of any developer. Direct interaction with another human will never be replaced as the best learning tool, we need to capitalize on this.

I do this with the idea that in the future I will be able to create my own marketing campaign, bring in my own new players, and receive decay % profits from such accounts. The most important part for ANYONE who wants to do something like this, is to have a place where the new can survive and learn. If they join the game and quit after a few days not one person wins from this.

I welcome any and all comments public or private. I thank you for your time for reading through this wall of text.

Very good initiative, if not mistaken Viper (can't remember full name) tried to do something similair with the starter pack, you could try to get a hold of him see what he did and where it went wrong to prevent that from happening with you, and staying in contact with MA might be a good to bounce idea's off of.

Gl on this endeavor.

2. Weekly Ingame Events

A very interesting approach and i do see what your long term goals are and this is one of the most creative ways of getting there i have seen so far.

My personal thoughts

1. I personally would focus on a comprehensive guide as that is something what EU lacks big time from the beginners approach. There is bits and pieces here and there but nothing which gives a hands on approach to EU and an introduction to smart playing. I am sure there are plenty who can contribute towards it and perhaps have a youtube+text guide for the same.

2. Free Events for all level of players is great and will encourage participation on more then one counts. This will help with retention issues the game has and i have many ideas to built on this, not all can come within this post but overall i can say if done properly this sets your stage for future plans as well.

3. Marketing has been the weakspot for MA as well as planet partners and quite honestly i dont see anything more then rudimentary at best google adds being looked at. They have not even scratched the surface of online advertising and thats to put it mildly. However, this on your part should come following a meeting with MA and setup an affiliate code ( yes a few individuals have been test pilot for it and I hope MA will want to work with you as u have shown intent and promise) and then work on a comprehensive online marketing plan ( better use of adword, facebook,.. etc) .

To sum it all, we need to promote, guide and then help retain players in EU. This is what i guess MA had wanted with the Planet partner program, however besides Arkadia , I have yet to see anyone come close to it.

Overall, I think you are very much on the right path and thats good news for everyone associated with EU including Mindark. +Rep but i gotta spread it around first.

Heya

Willing to help and combine current efforts with yours.

Good initiative!

-subscribed-

would like to take part in the initiative in any way possible

Well it's your money, you can spend it any way you want....

Some things to consider:
1. give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime....

I know it is cheesy, but it is true. It is totally possible to play as a newcomer for a few days and end up with 40 peds. Teach them to do it (see my signature), and he learns to value peds and markup. Give him some stuff and he'll use it till they quit.

Also i believe there were quite a lot of 2nd/3rd accounts with viperstrike's initiative. Although i do believe there are some people still playing that received his kindness.

2. Paying people to do activities

Why bother, you mostly get people who do it for the peds, there are loads of people who do it because of the enjoyment of helping out. Those are the people you want....

3. Events

If you want to focus on player retention you want to focus on the newcomers, who cares about people who have played over a year: they are already hooked or disappointed and an event won't change that. Take a look at Arkadia's puny events, the rewards there are more then enough for new players.

So with all those peds you didn't have to spend: use those to do out of the game advertising :)

The guide is a good idea though, problem is that it is easy to fill 500 pages on entropia and you still have things you want to say (just look at alice's guide). It'll have to be something better then just pages and pages to read.

Last edited:

Some things to consider:
1. give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime....

I know it is cheesy, but it is true. It is totally possible to play as a newcomer for a few days and end up with 40 peds. Teach them to do it (see my signature), and he learns to value peds and markup. Give him some stuff and he'll use it till you quit.

Also i believe there were quite a lot of 2nd/3rd accounts with viperstrike's initiative. Although i do believe there are some people still playing that received his kindness.

Why bother, you mostly get people who do it for the peds, there are loads of people who do it because of the enjoyment of helping out. Those are the people you want....

3. Events

If you want to focus on player retention you want to focus on the newcomers, who cares about people who have played over a year: they are already hooked or disappointed and an event won't change that. Take a look at Arkadia's puny events, the rewards there are more then enough for new players.

So with all those peds you didn't have to spend: use those to do out of the game advertising :)

The guide is a good idea though, problem is that it is easy to fill 500 pages on entropia and you still have things you want to say (just look at alice's guide). It'll have to be something better then just pages and pages to read.

These are some very good points.
Perhaps another route would be selecting certain markets avaliable to new players and keeping them profitable. (buying resource X that drops from low level mob Xy for zzz%) then using or selling it at break even or even a loss. Doing this makes your ped stretch a lot further and helps a lot more people without being pure welfare. (though I do love cheese....)

Some things to consider:

I know it is cheesy, but it is true. It is totally possible to play as a newcomer for a few days and end up with 40 peds. Teach them to do it (see my signature), and he learns to value peds and markup. Give him some stuff and he'll use it till you quit.

3. Events

I'm with him on this. I know that if I was a noob and was offered a starter kit just to play for 2 weeks, i would play for 2 weeks then make a new account, and do the same until the money stopped. Then I would decide if it's worth still sticking around to pay money or to move onto another game if my money ran out. If you want to give a progression 'bonus' for new players, you should start small and continue into the later game. Encourage them to continue growing with larger rewards as they build their ranks. That will reduce the temptation to cycle noob characters and instead, encourage them to grow their avatar.

I think we should start with the guides. Many players constantly ask about a starting guide to follow during their early days in Entropia. We need a generic leveling/progression guide for new players... even if it isn't the most optimal (it's hard to make 1 guide for everyone due to so many moving pieces in EU). Another guide that is needed is a cheat sheet for the beginner's quests on all planets. Show screenshots and locations for all the steps to finish the quests, time/ped estimated to complete, what rewards are given, and what recommended level/hp/armor/fap and amount of participants needed to complete the quest. This will help noobs who are lost or stuck in the early parts of the game. We should reward the authors and the editors who write it and keep it updated.

Also, entropedia needs a dire investment of time and other resources. We tell everyone (new players or veterans) to look up things on entropedia, yet the data can be very old or missing at times. When a new player is looking to hunt a mob and is told to look it up in entropedia, but the coords point them to where the mob was located in VU 9.x instead of today, they would be super confused and frustrated. Or if they want to loot some pixie armor and can't seem to find a mob in entropedia that drops it because the loot data hasn't been updated in 3 VUs, that too can be frustrating.

Finally, I want to encourage the growth of the entropiauniverse subreddit. Reddit is one of the most popular websites in the world that is frequently visited by many different types of people, many which are gamers. I know that many people view a game's subreddit and forums when looking into playing a new game, and having an active subreddit will definitely have a positive influence for our player base. for those who are unaware, please take a minute to visit reddit.com/r/entropiauniverse and look around. Mindark has recently started using the subreddit as a point of communication so it is apparent that MA views the subreddit as something important if they bother to post on there alongside their website.

-Hyp

Some things to consider:

I know it is cheesy, but it is true. It is totally possible to play as a newcomer for a few days and end up with 40 peds. Teach them to do it (see my signature), and he learns to value peds and markup. Give him some stuff and he'll use it till they quit.

3. Events

This pretty much sums up what I had to say. Good luck with what you're trying to do but please try to make sure that your PEDs end up in the hands of those who deserve them, not those who would do anything to get them.

I've already noticed a lot of the usual suspects kissing your ass in the hope of some kind of windfall, and you will only get more of that.

Regarding the guidebook, you should talk to Dirk. His guide (although I have not read it myself) seems to be regarded as the most up-to-date and comprehensive tutorial at the moment.

This pretty much sums up what I had to say. Good luck with what you're trying to do but please try to make sure that your PEDs end up in the hands of those who deserve them, not those who would do anything to get them.

Regarding the guidebook, you should talk to Dirk. His guide (although I have not read it myself) seems to be regarded as the most up-to-date and comprehensive tutorial at the moment.

Indeed handing them out to just anyone wouldn't be the best idea, i suggest some kind of trail period (week or 2) so people put the time and effort in to get the basics down of the game. Once familiar with it they get rewared with a starter pack.

Organize this with MA - to track alternate accounts. And to improve the communication between the developers and the players - heck you could be our "president" (upcoming politics system anyone?).

I sincerely hope you succeed with this. It'll be good for all of us. :yay:

#messiahforpresident :ahh:

If you can pay PewDiePie to make video about Entropia tonight tomorrow morning 1 million new players will roam port Atlantis.

Awsome initiative :yay:
Subscribed! PM me if you need help in anything.

Just thought of something, to make sure the person ingame is new let him make a pcf account with the exact ingame name that way pcf can track if that person will eventually try to make a new account.

ps. if not mistaken it's not possible to make 2 accounts on pcf, ip tracked ect so one has to ask initial account to be deleted before making a new one.

Just thought of something, to make sure the person ingame is new let him make a pcf account with the exact ingame name that way pcf can track if that person will eventually try to make a new account.

ps. if not mistaken it's not possible to make 2 accounts on pcf, ip tracked ect so one has to ask initial account to be deleted before making a new one.
Not a bad idea. Works for most that have no idea on how to use an alt ip, so should stop a good majority. :beerchug:

Not a bad idea. Works for most that have no idea on how to use an alt ip, so should stop a good majority. :beerchug:

Yup and if that happens often enough to put a red flag up at MA we will finally get that problem sorted out, new account on pcf also means new account within EU. :)

ps. adding this with the trail period should delay at least the same person receiving a pack each day, i suggest 1½-2weeks trail.

something like a teleporter run and a few more things to complete it.

Last edited:
Maybe try and contact Mercurio Morat ingame. He has been running a free for all player level team hunt on Calypso for
over a year. Maybe he can help you out with it. Website link: http://pfeu.org/ which is basically what he does.

well i like the idea that some landowners now use to give some extra ped for each global.

if you're serious about something like helping newcomers then maybe you should consider something like that maybe thogether with entropia life for tracking.

you could maybe make it like small mobs global ( 5-10-20 ped globals or something ) , they can get 1-2-3-4-5 ped from your pool. you can do this for all mobs or up untill xxx maturity / hardness off a set mob list. since you dont have to use LA's to use tracker you could make a set rules for the whole planet / universe if you like.

at least that way you can see that people at least do some effort and not just scamm you for starter packs with 250 accounts.

maybe for the bigger guys you could create some hunting events to get some action going i think 1-2k winns will make alot of people come take a shot if the entree costs are low.

and HSL events are fun with enough peoples ! :D

Last edited:
What about creating a wiki-style guide instead of something you have to read front-to-back? There is just to much info that needs to be passed on for it to be in a starter guide. There are so different paths to go and so many player styles that should be explained so one regular guide won't do it.

Extreme examples are non-drop players and millionaires that come for Sunday morning pvp fun with the most extreme you can get. The first player need a lot of info on how to be as efficient as possible with everything and the last mentioned player needs to learn how to chip in, what skills that are important, what stats of items that matter and he generally cares very little about the efficiency.

What a fantastic idea , i really hope this managed to take hold and make a difference !

I just have no idea why Ma would not create some kind of long term incentive for us to bring players in . If players were to recieve a % of totaly decay from said new avatar im sure that would encourage lots of poeple to bring in their friends and help get their knowledge past the point that most quit. And if it were just the few % of decay from new players MA would still benefit , any process in where both sides benefit i see as a great thing !

What about creating a wiki-style guide instead of something you have to read front-to-back?

Something like this?
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Guide

any project like that is too much for one person, but the beauty of a wiki regardless of where or who's is that anyone can contribute and add to it piece by piece.

Status
Back