Kindly help me understand the logic behind 50k peds SB On the Equus Quads

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
To the Developers :

I have not in the last 5 years ( 2009 ava here) seen MA come up with such an unbalanced idea and I would like to understand whether i am missing something or not.

Here's what i basically understand from what has been told

1. The Equus quads will be having ul warp and ul thruster.
2. The top speed is 118.8 km/hr which is somewhat better then the L and the UL quads.

The Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft sacrifices cargo space in exchange for rapid transport capability, and thus has lower cargo capacity than other Quad-Wing ships (10 items / 40kg). Also, the top speed of the Equus degrades if the total carried weight (cargo + cockpit) exceeds 100kg, while warp capability becomes disabled once the total carried weight exceeds 150kg.

3. The 10 items/40kg is what it can hold . That makes sense as this is supposed to be a fast transport method.

4. Now this is the confusing part. When u say (cargo+cockpit) exceeds 100kg the top speed of Equus degrades. This means that the person ( 2 persons) cumulative weight should be < 100k along with cargo for the top speed to happen. Further if that total weight exceeds 150kg then the warping itself becomes disabled. For example i usually without any stackable carry around gear weighing 200kg+. This is without any stackable on me. For most it would be 150kg+ i would imagine when u add the weight of all the stuff like armor etc and some spare things.

If 4 is true, I dont get the brain at MA which came up with the bright idea of putting that low a limit on these. Basically renders them useless for people like me who would not mind putting peds for convenience, and i am not even talking about carrying stackables but this BS does not even let me carry the other stuff around.

Well maybe i am not the targeted demographic, but i am sure you must have thought who is. What i would like to know is whom is this targeted towards??

There are two kinds of people i can think of,

a.) Those wanting to do the cargo missions day and night risking the time and peds only to be at the mercy of the pirates and hoping to get away and actually make peds with this 50k+ investment

b.) the pirates that would hope to be able to catch the other travellers in hope of some loot. However guess what, after looted they cant warp either and will be slow in there travels too so i guess its not even conducive to that.

c.) People have said that those with money would not mind travelling at a premium cost, but i bet people who have money also have other items they carry alongwith. How many people would be ready to strip to there minimum just to be able to travel? :)

I refuse to believe that something like this could be just a money grab from MA's office as then there are easier ways to achieve that. So i would like some help in understanding what train of thought was followed while conceiving these quads.

Also if u plan to change the stats to make it actually feasible , it would make sense to do that before the first quad gets sold.

Nice points here.

I have to underline a detail explained by MA about the transport missions:

transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

For what I see if the mission system is the only way to get a profit from these quads, considering VIP flights are not possible due to weight limitations, it doesn't mean it will be possible to do missions day and night because these will be offered in a queue, so you might wait maybe a pair of days between one mission and the next.

If you add the Cargo limits that might affect the access to top missions it's a real nonsense :scratch2:

I subscribe since you are not alone in trying to understand the SB of auctions ;)

Last month of the year? quick money to make the financial report look a bit better? I don't know tbh.

We have been trying to decipher this in Soc and this weight issue was mentioned in the original equus thread. No one from MA came long to explain in that thread (about this issue and the other ones mentioned) so maybe someone will in this thread.

Also in space everything is weightless so weight should not be an issue at all or even begin to slow down a spacecraft.

We have been trying to decipher this in Soc and this weight issue was mentioned in the original equus thread. No one from MA came long to explain in that thread (about this issue and the other ones mentioned) so maybe someone will in this thread.

Also in space everything is weightless so weight should not be an issue at all or even begin to slow down a spacecraft.

Yay, but it still has mass. You need more energy to accelerate more mass even in space. With real life physics there would be next to none fuel costs either, because as soon as you accelerated to the desired speed, you could let gas go. And we already travel at 3.5x light speed...

Let's not mix science into this game.

For example i usually without any stackable carry around gear weighing 200kg+. This is without any stackable on me. For most it would be 150kg+ i would imagine when u add the weight of all the stuff like armor etc and some spare things.

With the weight limit and what I carry on me 24/7 I doubt I'd even be able to take off from the planet :laugh:

Thats probably all the shoes ;)

:rofl: ofc! They are my must haves wherever I go. Have shoes, will travel :laugh: (Or not, in the case of the Equus)

The only logic thing I can think of is they need ped.

There is a logic here, just maybe someone looking for good opportunity doesn't see it :)

MA just wanted to offer a new vehicle, that might have a partial advantage in new system to come, but that doesn't have to affect existing transport systems, so the vehicle, with 2 seats, is close to only one passenger :)

MA this time decided to not disadvantage old investors (MS and privateers owners), so I have to say in some way they made well, just 50k for these ships might be higher than use they offer. :yup:

So OP is not convinced if to bid or not to bid on the Equus and needs more infos about it. I would say you better ask MA directly in a support case, cause I think you wont get your answers from here.

High class call girls - 20k Ped

Booze and consumables - 10k Ped

Hire of Hotel suite - 15k Ped

Hire of Abba - 100 Ped

Silly Hats and Streamers 900 Ped

Girl in cake - 4k Ped

*25 days of xmas partying = 25 Equus @50k ped each.

Seriously i don't know why they are so much, not my concern though unless i ath :laugh:.

common, they are red and wear a Ferrari logo, that got to count for something, right
why 25? guess that's the 0.25% of rich optimists in the approximated 10k userbase, MA must have measurements of the buying habits of people around in the last 10 years :)

The price for this ship has little to do with logic, me thinks.

They are described by Mindark as "luxury vessels", so it´s like with Ferrari.

The reason Ferrari set very high prices, and the customers pay the high prices. Because they can.

The Nano warp drive isn't UL as far as I know.

The Nano warp drive isn't UL as far as I know.

Upon completion of each Quad-Wing Equus auction, the winning bidder will receive a special NanoWarp I device that provides warp capability for Equus-class ships, along with a Space Thruster device that allows for atmospheric entries and departures. Both the NanoWarp I and Space Thruster devices are repairable.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Interceptors&p=3321251&viewfull=1#post3321251

However we still need to know about the weight issue.

Mindark Official Ursus was at twin peaks and after a brief conversation with him he suggested to make a support case. I have made one requesting change of the stats to 250kg and 300kg at least to make it of some value.

I can understand the fact that they dont want to keep it with no limits. That would put a lot of pressure on MS's/privateers and as such it does warrant a limit. 250-300kg seems a more reasonable limit to me. Feel free to share what u would consider as a fair limit.

Here's to hoping :beerchug:

Mindark Official Ursus was at twin peaks and after a brief conversation with him he suggested to make a support case. I have made one requesting change of the stats to 250kg and 300kg at least to make it of some value.

I can understand the fact that they dont want to keep it with no limits. That would put a lot of pressure on MS's/privateers and as such it does warrant a limit. 250-300kg seems a more reasonable limit to me. Feel free to share what u would consider as a fair limit.

Hey Divinity,

Thank you for your feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

Best regards
Bertha | Entropia Universe Support

--//--

Lets hope they make something with them in case sales seem hard. Every penny in the universe is good for us.

I think the current limit is perfectly fine.
These quads are 'high-end interceptors' not 'single person cargo haulers' - see description.
It is a very nice vehicle to switch between planets quickly and be independent, however it requires some planning as one has to leave unnecessary clothes, armors and weapons behind to be able to transport some wares.
Keep in mind not only stackable goods are transported between planets, there is also manufactured items transported and the current balancing of the equus makes sure that it isnt largely misused as cargo shuttle for unlimited amounts of goods.

The pricetag of 50k for equus doesnt mean its to be higher valued then a privateer, it most likely means that people who purchased privateers and motherships early on likely got them cheaper then what mindark intends for them to have as basevalue.
Please also keep in mind that a base privateer or mothership can not really be used until several structural integrity upgrades have been applied (yeah i know people have been using them sofar with minimal upgrades, however this is not what mindark had planned for them and will likely change soon).

Just because people would love to have a 1-person 100% safe cargo hauler doesn't mean that it is the equus and mindark got it wrong, it more likely means people are a bit off accepting mindarks vision for space which has been publicly stated already many years ago by making it in its entirety lootable pvp.
Mindark just introduced universal auction with fees, there is not a single reason for them to sell 25 options to pass their new system.

And as far as i know there is nothing implemented yet that would keep an equus owner from renting out his ship for warpflights from caly to ark for example, himself staying on caly ss and summoning the equus back accross space when the other person has reached ark ss... easy way to offer alot of vip rides with an ul drive.

Mindark still has to sort out alot of designflaws, they surely dont need to turn the equus into another one by giving it higher weight limits or removing them.

It's mainly meant to be used as a fighter to hunt other Quads or as personal transport for the owner between planets.

Wrong, it main objective was to get MA over 100K USD for 1 hour of 3D modeling. (55 minutes were spent on how the new warp would attach the quad).

after these 55 minutes they decided the warp wouldn't have been visible like the Thruster, problem solved and Quads ready and packaged :smoke:

The disturbance posted earlier by the newsbot is probaly the fact that they failed on the equus development department, i do think they won't change anything to it, especially once the first one gets sold.

The logic seems pretty simple:

Features / Stats Logic: Maintain balance

Price logic: MindArk thinks they will sell.

One thing to keep in mind here is that we don't know what exactly space will look like in a few months. MindArk does and the Quad Equus is only a small part of that picture.

great points from OP and great responses! It is a very very niche market I would think. I think it MAY be useful in doing cargo runs. Personal transport would only really work out if you have items at each planet (weapon, mining gear etc.) Like it could be nice if I'm on Caly doing my thing and I see Oratan are attacking - I can then at the drop of a hat warp over to fight them. I wouldn't need lot of gear for that - could even leave armor on Calypso, etc. Just take a gun and go. It will almost never be useful for carrying stackables - they get heavy quick if they hold any value.

Also, I think one of the main points of the OP is why the high SB - not just why the item itself. I think 50k is way high for starting! I don't see how anyone can expect to make back 50k from them. I honestly would love to see no one bib - but when does that ever happen.

Today MindArk Official Gamemaster Ursus was at Twins and I have made a question about limitations to Quad-Wing Equus, he explained in few but clear words MA point of view about the stats properly planned:

"it is not supposed to replace mothership :)"

About Starting bid no words, only the bids they will receive will show if MA made any mistake or not.

ps: not that double max weight would have affected Motherships imho.

pps: if it's not supposed to replace mothership, with 50k SB and a fierce battle expected... why should they worth more? legit question :)

Last edited:
4. Now this is the confusing part. When u say (cargo+cockpit) exceeds 100kg the top speed of Equus degrades. This means that the person ( 2 persons) cumulative weight should be < 100k along with cargo for the top speed to happen. Further if that total weight exceeds 150kg then the warping itself becomes disabled. For example i usually without any stackable carry around gear weighing 200kg+. This is without any stackable on me. For most it would be 150kg+ i would imagine when u add the weight of all the stuff like armor etc and some spare things.

This is crazy one here sense, like most others, I myself have a dry weight of 193Kgs so I can't even use the Quad myself.

At the end what may have happened is that MA forgot a add a few zeros. This here is the only thing that really makes the most sense.

But I do know for a fact that when MA took the Equus out for a test run the other day the first thing he/she did was check what items were being carried! :lolup:

I think the current limit is perfectly fine.
These quads are 'high-end interceptors' not 'single person cargo haulers' - see description.
It is a very nice vehicle to switch between planets quickly and be independent, however it requires some planning as one has to leave unnecessary clothes, armors and weapons behind to be able to transport some wares.

Cool! So you are going to buy one?

Edit: it will only cost you a little bit more than what you paid for the Ark Royal!:laugh:

Last edited:
I wonder if they can sell all 25? But I guess they believe they can, but would be interesting to so if they don't if they will sell to a lower price or not sell them at all.

Just checked my inventory and I'm 344 / 363kg.

Ok I dont always store stuff when I should but I think MA need to urgently need to address the weight issue of these spacecraft (especially if there are 2 players aboard)

Or there is now a good chance they wont sell as many as they hope to.

Nothing like confusion, especially on a 50k purchase to put off purchasers... :scratch2:

Kindly help me understand the logic behind 50k peds SB On the Equus Quads

In reply to your main request Divinity, the reply is simply made... if they used a lower SB 20k for example they would have sold not much more of 20k each :laugh:

With this I don't want to tell these won't sell at 50k, but mainly because it's clear there is no way to have any of these at less, simple. That seems to be the way MA is going to sell stuff to the players from the Monria sale (or maybe from Medusa sale :D )

Back