Apologies to anyone that has sent me a Friends Request that has not been accepted

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
I just wanted to apologize to anyone that has sent me a Friends Request that has not been accepted.

There is an ongoing bug thats been interfering with friends requests for several months. Why MindArk has not fixed it yet is beyond me. It happens any time the recipient of the friend request is offline. The result of the bug is that the friends list can not be view or accepted.

I've sent support cases in the past (last June) about this and today I sent this one:

History for support case 293256:

2014-12-14 02:59 You wrote:

This ongoing friends list bug is creating a lot of problems for me (and everyone) with game play, with trading, and now with operating a warp ship. It is creating some anomosity because people think that I am refusing to do business with them, wont be their "friend", and is making it impossible to add them to the ship's guest list for a summons. I cant even send a team invite to someone who isnt in my friends list

The friend request is only not received if the avatar it's being sent to is offline. There is no way to accept, view, cancel, send again, and the person who was supposed to get it cant send one back to the original person.

Since this is a MMO, the social dynamics are extremely important, so because of that alone, this is a major problem. Seing as how this is a RCE, because this bug affects a range of things pertaining to the economy, fixing this should be a top priority. Instead, this has been an ongoing problem affecting everyone.

Can I please have a full list of all avatar names who are waiting for me to approve a friend request?

Several of you who didn't know about this bug have expressed frustration to me for not approving your friend request that was sent because you wanted to buy or sell something from me, or whatever. I suspect there are more people who aren't aware of the issue and are wondering why the request is not being approved.

I think the problem is they need to see it in action in order to reproduce it and see where the problem lies.

I'm aware there is an issue with these, but so far those I've sent and received lately have gone through.

I think the problem is they need to see it in action in order to reproduce it and see where the problem lies.

I'm aware there is an issue with these, but so far those I've sent and received lately have gone through.

They only go through if the person is online. If the person is offline, it doesn't work.

They only go through if the person is online. If the person is offline, it doesn't work.

Yeah you're right that is the issue. Could do with investigating how it was broken and how to fix it.

If anyone has sent me a FR when I'm not online I probably wont have received it. I can still do it via Soc Terminal and through near contact.

Yeah you're right that is the issue. Could do with investigating how it was broken and how to fix it.
If anyone has sent me a FR when I'm not online I wont have received it. I can still do it via Soc Terminal and through near contact.

Or just get rid of this:

[System]: You have already received a friend request from this player.

FFS... there is no reason to block me from sending someone a request just because they sent me one. Also there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to just resend the thing. Also, why do I have to be "friends" with someone to send them a team invite?

Maybe they need to sell those Equus Quads so they can pay the staff to keep working :p

why do I have to be "friends" with someone to send them a team invite?

you only have to be 'friends' with them if you are sending a team invite from far away. if in same vicinity, no issues.

I'll add to this , if the original request fails, it is often lost forever, and no more requests can be made, from either end.

I know of a couple people who quit or disappeared over this issue, One was a few hundred usd a month depositing player.

Bump for a fix

I'll add to this , if the original request fails, it is often lost forever, and no more requests can be made, from either end.

I know of a couple people who quit or disappeared over this issue, One was a few hundred usd a month depositing player.

Bump for a fix

Temp fix is from what I have read on forum to have the two people with the problem join same society so they can use society terminal and click on heart to friend.:hug:

Temp fix is from what I have read on forum to have the two people with the problem join same society so they can use society terminal and click on heart to friend.:hug:

haha ye we all leave our societys just to be able to send/accept friend request .. good idea :shower:

.. what works for me is checking if the avatar is online and send a pm via player register, or whisper and if the avatar is offline it will be automatically send as a message

haha ye we all leave our societys just to be able to send/accept friend request .. good idea :shower:

.. what works for me is checking if the avatar is online and send a pm via player register, or whisper and if the avatar is offline it will be automatically send as a message

This is when you already tried and it ended up not working and can't send request again due to it being sent and not accepted. Not how you have to do it with every person you try to friend....

Back